ISN News Flash

25 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,785 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Wed. Apr 11, 3049: Reporters arrested by ISF after attempting to view the classified field-testing of a new Cyclops variant, the CP-11-C.

#2 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Oh yea. Cyclops-11-C !
Althouh the 10t Armor isnt much for this 90 tonn command mech, the 64km/h makes it a fast and deadly machine.
Armed with Gauss, 2ML and a SRM4 the Cyclops can still put some decent pressure to his opponents.
  • The 11-C is similar to the 11-A in that they carry an almost identical weapons payload. The only difference is that the 11-C has removed the LRM-10 launcher and replaced it with a C3 Computer, which allows it to share targeting data and coordinate C3 lances. An additional two tons of armor have been added to the design as well. This makes the 11-C a highly effective sniper and command 'Mech.
  • CP-11-A - A modification of the Cyclops that uses some rediscovered Star League technology, the 11-A removes the massive Autocannon/20 and replaces it with a Gauss Rifle that has a much larger effective range.
The Cyclops began production in 2710 as a heavy assault BattleMech and headquarters unit for field commanders. The Cyclops gets its name from its cockpit, which looks like a single eye in the center of its head assembly. The Cyclops was designed as a heavy assault and command 'Mech. In order to carry out this role, the Cyclops is built to defend itself at a variety of ranges and also has a top speed of 64.8 km/h, which is higher than average for most ninety ton 'Mechs. Additionally, the Cyclops is armored with ten tons of armor. While this is below average for a 'Mech of its weight, the tendency of a Cyclops not to go anywhere without the rest of a command lance means that the 'Mech, and the commander inside, are generally well protected.

Armament

The Cyclops carries an arsenal built to handle almost any situation. For long-range combat and indirect fire, the 'Mech carries a Delta Dart LRM-10 missile launcher. For closer ranges the 'Mech has a variety of weapons. A Zeus-36, Mark III Autocannon/20 keeps all but the heaviest 'Mechs at a respectable distance and this is backed up by two Diverse Optics Type 20 Medium Lasers and a Hovertec Quad SRM-4 for close combat.

Edited by Reno Blade, 11 April 2012 - 08:10 AM.

#3 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh shiny!!!!!

Ghost, I shall allow it!!!!

#4 Cyote13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

Shiny is the right word :P
Might go up the Tonnage line for this one, I do like the Guass Rifle. :D

Edited by Cyote13, 11 April 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#5 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

Posted Image

The Cyclops began production in 2710 as a heavy assault BattleMech and headquarters unit for field commanders. The Cyclops gets its name from its cockpit, which looks like a single eye in the center of its head assembly. The Cyclops was designed as a heavy assault and command 'Mech. In order to carry out this role, the Cyclops is built to defend itself at a variety of ranges and also has a top speed of 64.8 km/h, which is higher than average for most ninety ton 'Mechs. Additionally, the Cyclops is armored with ten tons of armor. While this is below average for a 'Mech of its weight, the tendency of a Cyclops not to go anywhere without the rest of a command lance means that the 'Mech, and the commander inside, are generally well protected.

The Cyclops carries an arsenal built to handle almost any situation. For long-range combat and indirect fire, the 'Mech carries a Delta Dart LRM-10 missile launcher. For closer ranges the 'Mech has a variety of weapons. A Zeus-36, Mark III Autocannon/20 keeps all but the heaviest 'Mechs at a respectable distance and this is backed up by two Diverse Optics Type 20 Medium Lasers and a Hovertec Quad SRM-4 for close combat.

A modification of the Cyclops that uses some rediscovered Star League technology, the 11-C removes the massive AC/20 and replaces it with a Gauss Rifle that has a much larger effective range. The LRM-10 is also traded in for a C3 Computer, which allows it to share targeting data and coordinate C3 lances. An additional two tons of armor have been added to the design as well. This makes the 11-C a highly effective sniper and command 'Mech.

#6 whiskey tango foxtrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Silly reporters , what were they thinking. :D

#7 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

A lot of new Kuritan mech variants lately. :D

#8 CPTAmerica

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

With this being in the ISN News Flash, could it be the next 'mech we see for the game?

Great command 'mech.

#9 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

they should be thankful they werent used as live fire test subjects

#10 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

View PostCPTAmerica, on 11 April 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

With this being in the ISN News Flash, could it be the next 'mech we see for the game?

Great command 'mech.

All ISN News Flashes are from the crazed mind of Randall Bills, and are not intended to reveal features about upcoming announcements for MechWarrior: Online gameplay.

Also... I love the Clopse, but man, 10 tons of armor on an Assault.

#11 Naughtyboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

OHHhhh!!! sweet i always liked cyclops :D

#12 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Doesn't the CP-11-C have 12 tons of armor, though?

Anyway, the C3 Master Computer is an interesting mention - we've seen hints at the Battle Grid/Command systems in the game and skills/modules that enable the use of target data sharing... so I'm wondering where exactly a piece of hardware like a C3 fits in.

#13 phalanx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBenjamin District

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

View PostDihm, on 11 April 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

All ISN News Flashes are from the crazed mind of Randall Bills, and are not intended to reveal features about upcoming announcements for MechWarrior: Online gameplay.

Silence the blasphemer!

#14 Werewolf Fetladral

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

I remember the first time I got arrested for spai'ing... she pressed charges :D

#15 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostCPTAmerica, on 11 April 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

Great command 'mech.

Unlikely.

There have been many mechs mentioned in the Flash. Including the Devastator and the Mauler.

There is of course a chance, but it's not likely to be any higher than previously.

#16 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

Oh.....the Cyclops Goodness......

#17 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Depending on electronics packages available (ie hardpoints) as well as number of modules available, this could be an interesting choice for non weapon and armor reasons.

While it's not fantastically armored, it's speed matches the base Centurion and Hunchback, and so does it's armor, while it's firepower is better.

If you're taking a Cyclops and get say 2 extra modules and 3 or four electronics hardpoints versus much fewer on other mechs, then it's an enticing choice.

Don't look at it as an assault, because it's tonnage isn't it's defining character. It's not used for assault operations after all, except in emergencies.

If you can fit a C3, ECM, and BAP on it, while also getting lots of modules, then you're going to be able do all sorts of nasty to enemy teams.

Edited by verybad, 11 April 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#18 Morashtak

• Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Available this year according to MUL. niiiiice.

#19 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

I prefer my assaults a bit less fragile. But a C3 network offers an alternative to players who don't want to spend their XP & module slots on target-sharing skills. That, I like. I hope to stick C3 in my mechs ASAP, in case I drop with a networked company. C3 + Jenners + Catapults = fun times. :D

#20 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

c3 fits in a module slot. master c3 for command unit, c3 slaves in the scouts (master weighs alot more obviously)

wouldnt the dual cockpit training cyclops on sarna.....be a...........byclops

Edited by LordDeathStrike, 11 April 2012 - 08:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users