#1 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:25 AM

Despite the fact that we have no information past what has been posted on the game page of this site, and the interviews that have been transcribed, we have found massive ways to argue about all the things from every mechwarrior game...EVER.

1) Pulse lasers
2) Pilot skill v auto lock
3) Clans in general
4) Balance of tech
5) Custom mechs
6) Mercenaries
7) Faction specific stuff
etc.

I mean really I could go on, but you know what is funny, for as heated as some of us get it does not feel like another forum where people actually mean to troll you and incite flame wars. This is battletech, some of the best people in the world are right here on this forum. Now this may be a feel good post or topic or what have you, but I am realizing that arguments over these topics are our way of saying "hey long time no see." the point is that we LOVE to argue over these topics and can and will do so until we know more, and then we will argue with the devs on why our way is better.

Why...

Because battletech/mechwarrior is best universe of games out there! Welcome back and nice to see you!

#2 Mezzanine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:33 AM

Absolutely right. We argue the merits of all these different things out of love, I reckon most MMOs have to wait at least until beta to get the fans riled up over the minutiae... But we've already been doing that on our own for years! These are just the 'beer & pretzel' arguments we'd be having down at the pub if we all got together anyway.

#3 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:12 AM

In a group with wargamers it is considered impolite to just say 'hi', just like in a normal setting it is impolite for the wargamer to start a rousing debate out from nowhere. :)

#4 Amarus Cameron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 703 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDropping with the 2nd Jaguar Guard

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

So true atlas and mezzanine, I like the beer and pretzel thing that had me chucklin but it is indeed the truth. Most BT people figure out they are BT people and friends by default is when they have argued their faces red about coolant or pulse lasers or clan v IS lol.

#5 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

Funny you should come up with this topic, Amarus, because it's only day 4 since this forum opened, and I was already thinking about imploring the devs to NOT run away, this is entirely normal, hehe. Good post, man.

#6 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

yeah as a dev who reads the forums you need ball s of steel, but they helped work on Duke forever, so I am sure they are know all about ball s of steel baby

Edited by CoffiNail, 03 November 2011 - 12:32 PM.

#7 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

You know, CoffiNail, I was the second guy, to the best of my knowledge, after the devs, signed up to this forum, and I have to ask you one question... how do I only have 80 posts, you have 203 as of this writing, and you still have arms, let alone fingers, to type with? hehe

#8 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:41 PM

He's a posting FIEND. It's hard for me to even keep up! Nah Coffi just loves MW so much he loves talking it. :)

#9 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

Since MWLL entered my life April 08 2010 Mechwarrior is my life... to the probable dismay of my wife.

For only 10 months of starting to collect stuff I have a shelf of sourcebooks and rulebooks... XD all used mind you so cheaper. First minis were bought last month, Firemoth, Kodiak and 15 Elementals.

I have been having some tough times here and there past year and i will be right honest my addiction to BT has been seeing me though it. Always helps being able to go blow the **** out of stuff in the evening when I need, more so as a Elemental, the joy!

BTW Love the new sig SquareSphere

#10 SquareSphere

• 1,656 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

That's Alf's handy work :3 at some point I'll try my hand at it.

#11 DFDelta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

I like discussing BT related stuff, especially the lore.

Everyone has his own view on the stuff thats happening and how things should look and be like, even if the person is just a mindless davie drone, so it is even more fun to stert long discussions and debates.

BT is awesome.

#12 Stinger

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

This is truly the most civil forum I have read in a long time. And I love the battletech universe. Never could justify buying IWM minis, but I do have a fair share of the dark age stuff. Battletech is a great universe, and it is a lot of fun being a part of it.

#13 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

View PostSquareSphere, on 03 November 2011 - 12:41 PM, said:

He's a posting FIEND. It's hard for me to even keep up! Nah Coffi just loves MW so much he loves talking it. :)
hehe... well, it's alright, now, because there are now several people who've passed me in post count. Not that big of a deal, just wondering how people have so much time. I have loved the BattleTech universe for so long, so much that my first, and last so far, wife -who was ALSO a gamer, mind- could not understand my love of it. Truth be told, my love has lasted even through the hatred of the mass twitcher factories in the community for MW4.

#14 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

View Postkay wolf, on 03 November 2011 - 02:35 PM, said:

hehe... well, it's alright, now, because there are now several people who've passed me in post count. Not that big of a deal, just wondering how people have so much time. I have loved the BattleTech universe for so long, so much that my first, and last so far, wife -who was ALSO a gamer, mind- could not understand my love of it. Truth be told, my love has lasted even through the hatred of the mass twitcher factories in the community for MW4.

I am on a temp leave from work for reasons i rather not get in to lol. But I am currently watching my two toddlers, so I sneak on and read and post when I can as the PC is right next to my entertainment unit in the Living room. When they get distracted or are playing trains or something, I hop on here. XD

#15 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Yeah, CoffiNail, I most assuredly would not ask you to get into it, either, regardless of what it is. There are a ****-ton of us out of work, just now. Tomorrow will be 60 weeks since I was laid off from Sikorsky out at the airfield, and the new contractor will not pick me up because they're there solely to line their pockets, and checking the block by holding interviews for the position I used to occupy, but not actually putting someone in there. It's fraud, but it cannot really be proved.

#16 SquareSphere

• 1,656 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:50 PM

I'm a contractor as well. They cut my responsibilities and got me doing a lot of busy work that's just a grind, so I take breaks every now and again to post to keep my sanity :)

#17 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

If you can get away with that, it's the way to go. The deal with this contractor that's out there right now is they have 10 different jobs I'm able to do, and I've applied for every one of them, and my applications remain current, across two different contracts in the same hangar, and the other end of the hangar from where I normally work wants me to work there, and I know the people running that project -really good folk- and I still can't get anyone on the line at Corporate HR to see where my next offer letter is. It's terrible, so many jobs I could do, so many places I could put well-developed, skilled, and excellent work ethic talents, and I can't even get these guys on the line.

Something good has to come soon, but I don't know what form it's going to take.

However, we're getting away from the meaning of this thread, so...

PPC, aaarrrrrrggggggggghhhhh
LRMs, yep yep
Shedding pounds through armor attrition, hehe

Edited by kay wolf, 03 November 2011 - 08:53 PM.

#18 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCapellan March, Federated Suns

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:28 AM

I'd have to say that Amarus nailed it in one. Arguing like this is just our own type of polite greeting. I'd worry if a Battletech forum didn't have any bickering over these things.

#19 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCapellan March, Federated Suns

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:30 AM

View Postkay wolf, on 03 November 2011 - 12:38 PM, said:

You know, CoffiNail, I was the second guy, to the best of my knowledge, after the devs, signed up to this forum, and I have to ask you one question... how do I only have 80 posts, you have 203 as of this writing, and you still have arms, let alone fingers, to type with? hehe

I'm not sure how he does it either. I was able to keep up with him for a day or so, but then I had to spend the last two days away from the forums and now he's got over twice as many posts as I do.

Looks like I've got some catching up to do. :)

#20 taxman

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationWirral Cheshire England

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:10 AM

BT is awesome, I am so pleased to see it making a comeback. Appart from the existing Canon (Lore) There is a lot of scope to create good subplots in the MechWarrior Universe as long as we do not try to re-write history.

I look forward to may sleepless nights and strong black coffee as I troll through the many topics on the forum and gather as much knowledge as I can.

~S~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users