v1.0.134

3 replies to this topic

#1 MarshmallowRampage

• PipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

I had stripped down one of my Commandos to rebuild it the way I wanted to when I noticed something with the 210 XL engine, that possibly extends to other engines as well.

If I recall correctly each engine is suppose to come with 10 heat sinks as part of their weight cost, in the 210, eight of those heat sinks are built into the engine itself and two have to be placed in the mech.

When I placed those 2 heat sinks into my mech I noticed that my weight went up by one ton for each heat sink that I added.

Is this correct? Are the weights for engines below 250 adjusted to account for the fact that we have to place additional heat sinks in our mech and that they increase our weight when doing so?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,757 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

hai, that is correct. The engine weight is composed of the cockpit, gyro and engine weight minus the 1-4 necessary external heatsinks (for the 10 necessary engine heatsinks. If they were to make the external, necessary heatsinks 0.0 weight and include the those weights in the engine, they would need to make a separate heatsink for that particular purpose, which would likely cause more issues than tis worth.

#3 MarshmallowRampage

• PipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Ahh, thank you very much.

#4 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Well they could make floating heat sinks of the right type. You put in an engine and any of the 10 that are not in the engine gets placed in the feet. Unless they are double heat sinks they go into the torso, and then they get moved around if needed when you fill up slots, just like the endo or FF armor.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users