Quick Glance Weapon Location

9 replies to this topic

#1 Honelith

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've been working on this to help me familiarise where the weapon locations are on enemy mechs. Now, I've only been playing for a few days so there may be errors, using the excellent Ohm's Quick Reference sheets, I decided to make a full picture sheet. Can anyone see any errors? :)

Thanks!

Edited by Honelith, 05 November 2012 - 06:14 AM.

#2 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

Very cool, but as a potential way to make this much more useful as a reference you could try putting the number of hardpoints in the circles as well.

#3 Talanacao

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, UK

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

I think I need that in poster form behind my computer :D

#4 BOOMLegShot

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Another useful piece of info for new players is the average amount of armor you can expect in those locations, give an idea of which sections are worth concentrating on.

Most of the time I saw screw going for the arms. If I want to take out an arm I just go for the corresponding side torso to disable both sections at once. Is this a good idea or am I wrong?

#5 Talanacao

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, UK

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

That tends to be my tactic as well. Unless it's something like a centurion, where the RT holds no important weapons. Then it's easier to take out the arm because you can destroy it easily from all angles, instead of front or behind.

#6 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

It would probably be better to have a quick guide to where ammo is located in trial(stock) mechs.
Make it clear where not to get hit in a trial mech.

LT on the CN9-AL has a powder keg of LRM ammo.

Edited by Stingz, 04 November 2012 - 08:37 PM.

#7 Strykir

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationNebraska

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Not sure if OP is the creator or not but the Hardpoints on the Cicada are not entirely correct. I drive Cicadas and have used all four variants, but currently only have the 2A and 2B in the mechlab.

2B: left and right arms 2 energy each (chart only has the right arm with a energy hardpoint), 1 energy CT, 1 AMS hardpoint RT. (There is no weapon Hardpoint in the head)

2A: correct all hardpoints are in the RT/CT/LT 2 energy in each with an ams point in RT also.

3C: Does not look correct either. The weapon hardpoints are all in the Torso's the one Energy is in the RT with the 4 Balistic spread between all 3 Torso sections (don't currently own this Variant but have used it). And a AMS also in the RT.

3M: Does not look quite right but the colored dot placement may be throwing me. But the hardpoints are in the Torso's as well as the AMS in the RT.

Only the 2B cicada has arm hardpoints, none of the variants have head hardpoints, and all have AMS in the RT.

edit: and since the chart is based on the ohms referance sheet looks like Ohms has an error.

Edited by Strykir, 04 November 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#8 Honelith

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

Thanks for the suggestions all. :lol:

I've taken down the pic until I can fix the errors.

#9 Woogoose

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

Hope you're able to fix the errors soon, this would be a really good resource to have.

#10 Honelith

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

Ok, fixed it up with added suggestions. Hope you like. :)

Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users