#21 Stone Profit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

View PostAdridos, on 14 April 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

"Soon enough, Candace and Sun-Tzu agreed upon a peace that was largely negotiated by Kuan-Yin Allard-Liao and former ComStar Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht. This agreement called for the Allard-Liao family to hold the St. Ives Commonality as their landhold and for St. Ives to have a greater say in military matters than any of the other Commonalities. With those compromises in place, the St. Ives Compact was officially reintegrated into the Capellan Confederation in 3063 as the St. Ives Commonality."

It doesn't seem they were have such "bad life" in the Confederation. They still have a large say in their land and greater say in the Capellan military than any other of teh commonalities. I think that's enough to cal it a "merge" instead of "enslavement". :o

Yeah, except Sunny boy had Kai as a prisoner to force Candaces hand...

#22 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostListless Nomad, on 14 April 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

Lol - of course we would try to. I'm not denying that. Wouldn't you?

Of course not. :o

#23 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostAdridos, on 14 April 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

"Soon enough, Candace and Sun-Tzu agreed upon a peace that was largely negotiated by Kuan-Yin Allard-Liao and former ComStar Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht. This agreement called for the Allard-Liao family to hold the St. Ives Commonality as their landhold and for St. Ives to have a greater say in military matters than any of the other Commonalities. With those compromises in place, the St. Ives Compact was officially reintegrated into the Capellan Confederation in 3063 as the St. Ives Commonality."

It doesn't seem they were have such "bad life" in the Confederation. They still have a large say in their land and greater say in the Capellan military than any other of teh commonalities. I think that's enough to cal it a "merge" instead of "enslavement". :)

And yet as mentioned, Sun Tzu was basically holding Kai's life as a bargaining chip against Candace. This is also after he abused his power as First Lord and used Star League troops to do what his own couldn't and forced the Compact back into the Confederation.

Sun-Tzu had no way to conventionally conquer the Compact so he had to get others to do it for him,, and only achieved it by acting the sham of a First Lord of the new Star League. Some representation you've got there.

Then again, having Candace and Kai as enemies would make me break out in chills too. Can't blame Sun-tzu for being a scared and spineless rat.

#24 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

You know, I'm really surprised that Hayden has got into this thread..............

#25 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 14 April 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

...Some representation you've got there.

Says someone from the most hated house on the whole world. :angry:

Periphery hates you, 4 houses hate you (well, everyone mostly hates everyone, but well...), Clans hate you, Com Star hates you, WoB hates you, and I do not know about Republic of the Sphere, but seeing everyone has taken back their worlds, even they should hate you.

We, on the other hand, do have some actuall allies like Marik (a lot later into the story line, we start being friends) and Magistracy with Taurian are our allies. You had only Steiners and you started war with them once the opportunity arrised. :(

#26 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

*Grumbles incoherintly about fighting a loosing war alongside his hated rival Kai.*

#27 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostAdridos, on 16 April 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

Says someone from the most hated house on the whole world. ^_^

Periphery hates you, 4 houses hate you (well, everyone mostly hates everyone, but well...), Clans hate you, Com Star hates you, WoB hates you, and I do not know about Republic of the Sphere, but seeing everyone has taken back their worlds, even they should hate you.

We, on the other hand, do have some actuall allies like Marik (a lot later into the story line, we start being friends) and Magistracy with Taurian are our allies. You had only Steiners and you started war with them once the opportunity arrised. :blink:

Posted Image

It wasn't technically a war against Stiener, it was Fedcom versus Fedcom because Katherine was a conniving and murderous !%#^@&.
It's too bad you're own people don't care about how your nation is run when you willingly let madness rule you, and end up the butt of the joke more times then anyone else. Who had to be pulled into the Republic? It was the Capellans, because you wouldn't play dice with the rest of the Inner Sphere.

After the Clans are forced to halt their invasion because of the great Refusal, Fedcom and Kurita are getting along better then they've probably EVER been in their entire history, and the FWL is kind of twiddling it's thumbs waiting for Thomas Marik to do the whole Jihad thing. FRR is pretty much gone, and out of what remains they really are just sitting on their hands solidifying their position. Comstar seems to quite like Davion, but that probably has a lot to do with Focht and Victor running the show. That's later of course, earlier Comstar doesn't really like anyone... lol.

Without misuse of the Star League Military, St. Ives would still be a nation and probably larger then it was before you're little war. Hell, the only reason Sun-Tzu remained alive was because Candace let him remain that way, because she's not a tyrant like he is.

Though, all seriousness, would be neat to have a St. Ives even if like the Jaguars gets removed later due to unfolding events. (Or give us the chance to fight for it's survival :huh:)

#28 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

Lol I wouldn't worry about Adridos gallows. I have stone cold proof of his sedition within the state and with an anonymous note to the Maskirovka - Adridos is introduced to the chancellor's hospitality...

#29 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 14 April 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

Without misuse of the Star League Military, St. Ives would still be a nation and probably larger then it was before you're little war. Hell, the only reason Sun-Tzu remained alive was because Candace let him remain that way, because she's not a tyrant like he is.

Is this ment as a joke? The actual fighting (and conquest) was done by CCAF regiments. The SLDF did nothing at all

#30 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 16 April 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

It's too bad you're own people don't care about how your nation is run when you willingly let madness rule you, and end up the butt of the joke more times then anyone else.

What did you just say? How did Candace manage to get to Sian, assassinate the chancellor and back home if not for the suppor from our side? We knew she was crazy, but that alone doesn't give a man right to kill someone.

But I see your Davion point: "All assylums must be purged! They are a blight on human kind!, etc.!" You can't kill anyone, just because he doesn't seem fit to you. Did you kill your neighbour, just because you don't like each other? Or your hated teacher, just because she didn't know how to teach at all and just shouted at everybody? I hope the answer is: "No!" and that you can see my point now. ^_^

#31 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

View PostAdridos, on 17 April 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

...We knew she was crazy, but that alone doesn't give a man right to kill someone.

But I see your Davion point: "All assylums must be purged! They are a blight on human kind!, etc.!" You can't kill anyone, just because he doesn't seem fit to you. Did you kill your neighbour, just because you don't like each other? Or your hated teacher, just because she didn't know how to teach at all and just shouted at everybody? I hope the answer is: "No!" and that you can see my point now. ^_^

Oh what tangled webs we weave Adridos. Did you not say this yourself not too long ago?

View PostAdridos, on 09 April 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

First of all, we know Chancellor is crazy and we will take her out, it is not a thing you could do from day to day and it requires good planning.

Seditious...and contradictory. One must learn to be more consistent Adridos....

#32 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

You can't post both of these and still hold for what you said, yeah, they have minor contradiction problems, but either of these proves you wrong. Oh, and we didn't kill her, resistance started to grow, but then Candace stepped in and we just left the back doors open. ^_^

#33 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

First off - you are confusing myself and jack gallows. Second - minor contradiction problems? Here you state that you cant kill someone just because they are crazy and you don't like them. Elsewhere you state that you are actively planning to do just that. In most parts of the world that's called ruining your credibility.

Very little you say can ever be taken seriously because of your contradictions. In one place you support the chancellor. Elsewhere you admit being part of the resistance.

In general when trying to make a point, appearing to support two completely opposite viewpoints at the same time doesn't make it easy to believe you.

Edited by Listless Nomad, 17 April 2012 - 07:31 AM.

#34 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

View PostListless Nomad, on 17 April 2012 - 07:27 AM, said:

In one place you support the chancellor. Elsewhere you admit being part of the resistance.

I never supported her, just that I wouldn't be the one to (or help) kill her, unless she was about to do something that could endanger too many lives. Simply put, if she went all Jihad, she would go down, for sure. ^_^

#35 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

Then how do you explain your comment in what I quoted earlier. I don't see any stipulations there about requiring cause to "take her out"

#36 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

View PostListless Nomad, on 17 April 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

Then how do you explain your comment in what I quoted earlier. I don't see any stipulations there about requiring cause to "take her out"

I know what WILL happen and so I have written it that way. ^_^

#37 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

View PostAdridos, on 17 April 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

I know what WILL happen and so I have written it that way. ^_^

How convenient.

You hide behind knowledge of the future and thrive in contradictions. You want Romano removed, yet you want no part in actually making it happen. You constantly sully the Federated Suns for waging the 4th Succession War, and overlook atrocities like those that occurred on Truth.

You recognize what is wrong with your nation, yet are content to let them perpetuate without lifting a finger to stop them.

What constitutes a Jihad Adridos? The wholesale purges of ordinary citizens? Murdering peaceful humanitarians? What is too much Adridos?

Are you a loyal son of the Confederation, and therefore willing to do what it takes to install the correct leadership? Or are you someone content to let others do the work, and then ride along for the credit?

If you are the former, you should be a fan of the SIC, and follower of Candace. If you are the latter, then you sound like a member of Romano's royal court.

Edited by Listless Nomad, 17 April 2012 - 07:51 AM.

#38 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

View PostListless Nomad, on 17 April 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

What constitutes a Jihad Adridos? The wholesale purges of ordinary citizens? Murdering peaceful humanitarians? What is too much Adridos?

Destroying half of a nation as a wedding gift and disrespect for old no weapons of mass destruction treaties. ^_^

#39 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Do you have any stated evidence that weapons of mass destruction were used in the 4th succession war? Unless you count the mass destruction of your armed forces...

#40 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

View PostListless Nomad, on 17 April 2012 - 07:58 AM, said:

Do you have any stated evidence that weapons of mass destruction were used in the 4th succession war? Unless you count the mass destruction of your armed forces...

I'm responding to your post I quoted, what is so hard in understanding that? ^_^

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users