#21 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 15 April 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

The books are better... But beware, Cersi and Sansa are even more retarded and annoying in the books. But Sansa does get a bit better in book four, just a little though...

Well the line/saying/phrase 'Game of Thrones' does come up occasionaly in the other books as well...

I wish everybody would stop hating on Sansa. I thought she was annoying at first, but I realized she had enormous strength of character to keep her sanity & not kill herself living through such a horrific situation. Her whole world crumbled in front of her eyes, literally. Not many people would be able to keep it together through that ordeal.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 31 May 2012 - 03:24 AM.

#22 soulfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 320 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

I read the first book was good enough though I would have thought the kings right hand would have been smart enough to get the hell out of dodge when everyone was telling him to. Knowing all the back stabbing murdering and all these people had done to get where they were that a piece of paper was going to mean anything to them..he got what he deserved for his own stupidity. I dont care for the author I wont bother reading the rest.

#23 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

They are called honorable fools for a reason. Ned was honorable to a fault & the fault got him killed. He was not built for court life with the whisperings, deal making, deal breaking, intrigue, espionage & general sneakiness. He was truthful, honest & direct. That is why he died, but that is also why he was a LOT of people's favorite character & why most people align themselves (me included) with House Stark.

Check out YouTube for people's (who obviously did not read the books) reaction to Ned's death. As one friend of a YouTube person said, "I swore someone real had died." The genuine outrage, shock & grief tells us that all of us are hoping that we have a friend like Ned in our life.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 15 April 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#24 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 15 April 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

I wish everybody would stop hating on Sansa. I thought she was annoying at first, but I realized she had enormous strength of character to keep her sanity & not kill herself living through such a horrific situation. Her whole world crumbled in front of her eyes, literally. Not many people would be able to keep it together through that ordeal.

I'll give her that... If I was her I'd push Joff into that moat full of spikes when Sandor wasn't looking. Then I'd go down to the moat and T-bag him.

I just hate her for how she's so retardedly infatuated with Joff, despite what a d-bag he is to everybody, including her.... I wonder just how dense she must be to take so darn long to figure out that he's not a good guy.

#25 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

She contemplated it, if you watch closely, but the Hound interrupted her thought process when he offered her the handkerchief.

She figured it out when that-little-****-who-thinks-he-is-king had Ned's head cut off. Posted Image

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 31 May 2012 - 03:25 AM.

#26 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Yeah I remember that part from the book. I'm pretty sure Sandor knew what she was thinking too...

Seriously though, WTH is wrong with Joffrey? What made him so darn evil? Was he in Cersi's womb when she ate that turtle soup laced with Tyrion's 'special ingredient?' :angry:

Tommen and Merci (sorry totally can't spell her name from memory) are such normal, nice kids.

#27 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

Jesus Christ guys, *SPOILER ALERT* courtesy hahaha

#28 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

Which spoiler? :angry: We are talking about last season.

#29 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:18 AM

Love Game of Thrones, I'm thinking of reading the books after this season finishes.

#30 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

View PostGaussDragon, on 15 April 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

Jesus Christ guys, *SPOILER ALERT* courtesy hahaha

What spoiler? talking about season 1... I save all the spoilers for my friend who won't read the damned books, despite how many times I offer to lend them to him.

#31 praxxas prime

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPlanet Robinson

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:10 AM

Next week 's episode is going to be hot. :angry:

#32 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:22 AM

View Postpraxxas prime, on 16 April 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

Next week 's episode is going to be hot. :angry:

Yep.... Hopefully heavy on the Danny. Barely in last week's episode and not in this week's at all...

#33 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:42 AM

Really good episode last night. The actress they got to portray Brienne was spot on!!! That is a TALL, ugly wench, exactly as Brienne should be. Reading about Renly & Loras in the books is one thing, seeing them on TV is another. I felt sick. I got Spartacus flashbacks all kind of stuff. The introduction of Natalie Dormer (as Renly's wife) is always a welcome site on any TV show. (How does she look the exact same size & age as on The Tudors? Amazing) Still do not like Asha/Yara but she is a good actress. Balon Greyjoy gave a solid performance again. We get introduced to Damphair. The actor seems OK. The guy playing Varys is underrated. I do not think anybody else could have pulled off Varys like him. My only complaint, they completely &$*#ed up the Pycelle scene. OH **** man!!!!! It was supposed to be Shagga there not some random hill tribe guy. I know they have to make changes & I might sound hypocritical here, but that was NOT a change to make. You know how long I have been waiting to hear Shagga say, "Dolf made warriors, not barbers!" ?????? D&D you **** it up there man!

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 16 April 2012 - 03:44 AM.

#34 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:44 AM

Totally. I mean they kinda hinted at Loras and Renly in the books... but seeing it.... *shivers* and yes, I too had Spartacus flashbacks.

The chick playing Brienne did a good job, I need to say good job to the make up folks because the actress playing her is pretty.

I have the same issues with Asha/Yara... (the name change is just dumb IMO) But still loving all the Greyjoy's... They are all hardasses. Can't wait till... (comment removed by writer for spoiler reasons.) And I agree, dude playing Balon is doing an awesome job.

My only real disappointment so far has been Stanis... Not the actor, he's doing a great job, it's that he just doesn't look like anything like Robert or Renly to me.

Need more Hound. :angry:

#35 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

He is not supposed to. Stannis is described basically as the anti-Robert.

Stannis Baratheon, Lord of Dragonstone and by the grace of the gods rightful heir to the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, was broad of shoulder and sinewy of limb, with a tightness to his face and flesh that spoke of leather cured in the sun until it was as tough as steel. Hard was the word men used when they spoke of Stannis, and hard he was. Though he was not yet five-and-thirty, only a fringe of thin black hair remained on his head, circling behind his ears like the shadow of a crown. His brother, the late King Robert, had grown a beard in his final years. Maester Cressen had never seen it, but they said it was a wild thing, thick and fierce.

As if in answer, Stannis kept his own whiskers cropped tight and short. They lay like a blue-black shadow across his square jaw and the bony hollows of his cheeks. His eyes were open wounds beneath his heavy brows, a blue as dark as the sea by night. His mouth would have given despair to even the drollest of fools; it was a mouth made for frowns and scowls and sharply worded commands, all thin pale lips and clenched muscles, a mouth that had forgotten how to smile and had never known how to laugh. Sometimes when the world grew very still and silent of a night, Maester Cressen fancied he could hear Lord Stannis grinding his teeth half a castle away.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 16 April 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#36 Morashtak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 16 April 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

He is not supposed to. Stannis is described basically as the anti-Robert.

Spot on. Stannis is wound so tight if he tried to pass gas his eyes would bulge out and his ears would whistle.

#37 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:20 AM

Well then, I must say that the actor is doing a great job of looking the part as well...

I'm thinking that I need to go back and reread those books...

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 17 April 2012 - 02:20 AM.

#38 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

"Fire and Ice" By: Robert Frost

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

#39 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

Still more liberties. I dont mind them changing some scenes for general populace interest, but some of the scenes they have _added_ were not really necessary.

Whomever said Brienne was spot on, was spot on. Im looking forward to next weeks eppy.

#40 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

And who are you, the proud lord said,

that I must bow so low?

Only a cat of a different coat,

that's all the truth I know.

In a coat of gold or a coat of red,

a lion still has claws,

And mine are long and sharp, my lord,

as long and sharp as yours.

And so he spoke, and so he spoke,

that lord of Castamere,

But now the rains weep o'er his hall,

with no one there to hear.

Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,

and not a soul to hear.

I hate the Lannisters, but this is a badass song!

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 30 May 2012 - 12:37 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook