Game of Thrones

52 replies to this topic

#41 GaussDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:06 AM

Tywin Lannister is one of those people who has been designed to be hated but you can't help but respect him for being such a BAMF. I must have watched the last scene of Blackwater (the most recent episode) like 10 times.

#42 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

Tywin is a hardass....

Only Lannister's I can't stand are Joff (Can't wait for next season. ^_^ ) and Cersi.

Jaime is even likeable in his arrogant, trash talking way.

#43 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:23 AM

There were some major elements of Blackwatrer they left out which I was unhappy with. This season is based on A Clash of Kings & there is war going on all over but due to budget constraints, they could not show it. They finally have one & we have to be annoyed with drunk Cersei tormenting Sansa. I did not need to see that ****. If you are keeping it for an hour cut out the Cersei scenes or if you are keeping them, make the episode two hours. The Battle of Blackwater was the biggest battle up to ADWD & it could have had so much more. I get they probably couldn't put the chain because that would have cost a lot & I know they asked HBO for extra $ just for Blackwater alone, but the Loras/Renly part should have been done better at least.

#44 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

There's bad news for you: they will differ more and more from the books while show continues. Maybe you should get used to the thought and take the show as an awesome piece of entertainment that I want to have children with ;)
Also I can't help it, I have to post this:

#45 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:42 AM

I know they are going to make a lot of changes. It was expected but it doesn't mean I can't be annoyed about it.

I know that vid. I saw it before. I actually stripped the audio out & listen to it on my phone.

#46 Kenaris

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

I love the T.V. series never looked at any of the books before it.. ( i might now) i loved Season 1 but Season 2 has blown even that out of the water. Can't wait for the finale this Sunday and the Start of Season 3 soon we hope ;)

#47 GrimJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationPottery Barn, $120 richer than my fellow Founders

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 31 May 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

There were some major elements of Blackwatrer they left out which I was unhappy with. This season is based on A Clash of Kings & there is war going on all over but due to budget constraints, they could not show it. They finally have one & we have to be annoyed with drunk Cersei tormenting Sansa. I did not need to see that ****. If you are keeping it for an hour cut out the Cersei scenes or if you are keeping them, make the episode two hours. The Battle of Blackwater was the biggest battle up to ADWD & it could have had so much more. I get they probably couldn't put the chain because that would have cost a lot & I know they asked HBO for extra $ just for Blackwater alone, but the Loras/Renly part should have been done better at least.

Mmhh...

Well George RR Martin DID write this episode so I think they got all the highlights in quite nicely. Actually I found the writing (though last weeks was better) and the acting great (Lena Headey did chew the scenery a bit much but you needed her scenes to parallel the outside action, especially her pulling Joff off the wall has a direct repercussion on the battlefield), it was the direction I found lazy and uninspired. Other episodes have been much more terse and less B movie with a lot less budget.

And I'm shocked they got HBO to part with even that much $$$. (Just ask Deadwood, Rome & Carnivale...)

#48 Aunax

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:38 AM

I got to sit on the Iron throne this weekend... So I guess I won, you can all go home now Im the king!

#49 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostGrimJim, on 31 May 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

Mmhh...

Well George RR Martin DID write this episode so I think they got all the highlights in quite nicely. Actually I found the writing (though last weeks was better) and the acting great (Lena Headey did chew the scenery a bit much but you needed her scenes to parallel the outside action, especially her pulling Joff off the wall has a direct repercussion on the battlefield), it was the direction I found lazy and uninspired. Other episodes have been much more terse and less B movie with a lot less budget.

And I'm shocked they got HBO to part with even that much $$$. (Just ask Deadwood, Rome & Carnivale...)

Yes he did write it, but he wrote it based on what D&D told him he could have. Uh no you did not need the Cersei scenes. She has been terrorizing Sansa all season; we had it for eight episodes. We have been waiting for battles all season, we finally get it but we have to endure scenes of the same thing we have been seeing all the time. Not necessary.

#50 GrimJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationPottery Barn, $120 richer than my fellow Founders

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 31 May 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Yes he did write it, but he wrote it based on what D&D told him he could have. Uh no you did not need the Cersei scenes. She has been terrorizing Sansa all season; we had it for eight episodes. We have been waiting for battles all season, we finally get it but we have to endure scenes of the same thing we have been seeing all the time. Not necessary.

...of course thats true....

(but its that way in the book too.... :( )

#51 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Right but in the book we get the battles that occur during the War of the Five Kings. In the show we don't. So when we finally get a battle, just show the battle. Forget that other **** that we saw for the previous eight episodes.

#52 Ancalagon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss at the edge of Terra

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:59 PM

The battle itself is only awesome due to the fact that we like the characters involved in it. I personally thought the Cersei/Sansa scenes were extremely well done and really did flesh out the two respective characters even more. In particular it makes you identify with Cersei's plight more and see her for what she really is; an extraordinary strong woman who would do anything to ensure that she stays on top.

#53 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:15 AM

Had to share this. Malu is just amazing! Cute Nerdgirl and what a voice...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users