- - - - -

game crashes

83 replies to this topic

#61 Imzy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

I crash over and over, it just freezes and that's IT.

Argh!

#62 Lc4Hunter

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationDresden, Germany

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

I also have the freezing-issue.
I tried a lot like deleting the shaders-folder every time i start the game (made a batch for that), reduced ALL graphic settings to low, activated V-Sync and so on and so on.

As it seems most of the freezes appear during battle when the "party starts". sometimes i have the freeze every 2nd game, sometimes i can play all the day and night long without any issues.

Is it my network? is it the MWO-server? Is it my computer??
I dont exactly know. My CPU is 20% overclocked but running stable, my Palit 650Ti has the latest drivers and i also checked my (4GB) RAM with several diagnostic tools.

Well, as it seems my computer is ok. I alway close all other programs and applications except Teamspeak and MWO.
But it helps nothing. I dont have any network issues and MWO is the only program that crashes all the time.

When it freezes, i can try to use Alt-Tab but it never works...
If the games has such problems with specfic hardware, dear PGI-Support, and i know you read this too, PLEASE let us know. I dont want to buy new RAM, board and CPU for nothing...

Thanks Guys

PS: Here is the last part of my Log, can someone explain what this means:
"CGameRules::OnDisconnect: Client has disconnected: cause=eDC_UserRequested, desc=User left the game"

Of course i dont left the game... O.o

======== frozencity_night is loaded in 16.6 sec ========
[Error] [UIAction] HUD (0): UIElement does not have object _root.mcMain.mcCurrentLayout.mcSpecHud.SetCount
[Error] [UIAction] HUD (0): UIElement does not have object _root.mcMain.mcCurrentLayout.mcSpecHud.SetName
CGameRules::OnDisconnect: Client has disconnected: cause=eDC_UserRequested, desc=User left the game
CGameClientChannel::Release
UnLoadLevel End: 0.6 sec
sv_gamerules = mechlab []
============================ Loading level mechlab ============================
Initializing default materials...
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds]
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds]
======== mechlab is loaded in 4.1 sec ========
Coolant flush initialized: 1 : 16
Coolant flush post init: 1 : 16
Coolant flush initialized: 1 : 17
Coolant flush post init: 1 : 17
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
UnLoadLevel End: 0.1 sec
Ammo Pool Statistics:
bullet: 0
waypointrocket: 0
homingrocket: 0
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
System Shutdown
[Error] Runaway thread

#63 WinterHawk

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

I have had allot more crashes in the last week that over the last 2 months. Not sure what the issue is. I checked the Video drivers and heat levels since its warmer here in PA and I have no AC
I load in and start the game and in some cases get almost all the way thru and then it drops to desktop no error message no rips tears or Video issues
I have had it do a few Screen freezes and I had to restart
again:
ATHLON FX 4100 4.2 gig quad core
1 TB HD
2 GIG Radeon HD 6950
16 gig ram

antivirus is turned off
no programs in background

#64 iRustik

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

I have a same sh.it! One month I have crash-problem!!! One month I cant play as well! WTF???

Edited by iRustik, 18 July 2013 - 01:37 AM.

#65 Yagyu

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

I don't think I've crashed sine closed beta... before the most recent patch. With the most recent patch, I've had 3 crashes (application not responding, spinning donut of death) in the last 3 days.

Definitely have a stability problem with this latest one, guys.

#66 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

game freezes for me too. it freezes every 2 or 3 hours and sometimes it unfreezes after 5sec but most of the time i have to alt+ctrl+del and end mwo to fix it. it started since the latest patch.

pc specs:

sapphire hd 7870 2gb
amd fx-8150 8-core
16gb ram
250gb + 1tb hdd

no overheating problems or anything

#67 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

There's a subforum for each patch. Post your issues there. Or, you can email support@mwomercs.com

#68 Camie

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

Three chrahes in a row...PGI do something.

NO error massages, NO Overheat of my PC, i have the newest drivers for my graphic card.

Sometime it tooks 4 hours to get a crash or multiple crashes in a row....i have done more than three new fresh installs. Alway the same.....

All this is new after the last two patches....before not a single crash

#69 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

Send an email to support@mwomercs.com with system spec details. They can help you better than we can probably.

#70 GMAK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

View PostII12yanII, on 04 November 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

the game just closes when im in the middle of a game with no errors and anything. its really annoying and its happening more frequently since the last update. i hope you fix this soon. its been happening since i started playing the game a few months ago

Same to me. It frezze sometimes.

#71 Dirk Botasky

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

Hello mwoforums,

So the best way to help the devs fix this is send the crashdump file to [color=#959595]support@mwomercs.com everytime it crashes?[/color]

#72 Argent Kaiser

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

Used to suffer from the no map bug and no HUD bug on occasion but that has been fixed in the last few months. Now however I am freezing more and more in games. my screen freezes after making a kill or after something catastrophic happens to my mech. I have been in game with my fellow wolves and all of us will crash or freeze at the exact same time. This is a SERIOUS problem. I don't know if its a latency exploit (Similar to the standby hack in Halo 2 a decade ago) some players use as I have seen in other games or if the net coding is just that unstable right now but please please fix it. I love this game and want desperately to play and support it further but its almost unplayable as this is happening on a regular basis now.

#73 Caldroan

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

This same thing happened to me on another game. Was advise to do the following: (1) go to the Start Task Manager while the game is up (2) find the program (3) set Affinity to cpu1 (unclick all processors and cpu 0) (4) set priority to high. This seems to work for me. Understand, this is a temporary fix. Let the Dev's know of the problem

#74 JakeEDogge

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

Been having problems with the game dropping me to desktop but since the last patch its started crashing my computer.

#75 Cybermech

Tool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

K jake, I have no idea about what is happening.
I have not heard about that one.
Your not guna like what I suggest since its crashing your computer and I presume you need to restart the whole machine to fix it.
It might be your windows install, or have registry issues.
If you notice its a really old thread with the latest problem that should have been fixed was multiple crashes at same time.
I do hope you can solve the issue, it would be best to email support about this.

#76 TheDruid

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

Crashing with the computer totally freezing on the game frame, usually 5-10 minutes into a run. Have to hard reboot my computer. Started when I began playing Shadowhawks again. Had not had the problem at all until the Shadowhawks. Not overclocked. Removed anti-virus, still crashes. Was happening about one in five games, now it's every game. Unplayable in this state, so I will experiment with other Mechs.

UPDATE: Crashing not game related. Had a bad heat sink connection and the constant playing was overheating my CPU. GL HF.

Edited by TheDruid, 23 January 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#77 TwistedRail

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1 posts
  • Locationalberta

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

my rig is a I5 3770 running at stock speeds on an asus p8z77-v. my video card is an ati 6870 also running at stock speeds. Temps are nice and cool fans are quiet as a mouse. i start into a match and i am stomping for 30 seconds or so and boop. im not. nuthin but desktop. pretty sure my drivers are up to date and my patches are righteous.

#78 DHeth

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:16 AM

Info for the Devs:

Same thing here, game will randomly crash instantly to the desktop. No error messages or freezes, just closes out straight to desktop. Sometimes it can take 10-15 matches before it happens. Sometimes it will be 2 or 3 games in a row.

I am running everything at max settings at 1920x1080 Resolution on First monitor
No other graphic intensive programs running, just a web browser and Teamspeak open on second monitor.
Crashes happen in both both DX9 and DX11
I have mild overclock on both the CPU and GPU, does not get hot and the fans barely when playing MWO.

System specs:
CPU: i5-467- 3.4GHz, Mildly overlocked to 4.0GHz Corsair h100i watercooled.
GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 770 mildly overclocked
RAM: 16.0 GB 1600 DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
SSD: Samsung EVO 840 Series.
MOBO: MSI Z87-45
RAM

#79 kenpatchi

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:41 AM

im still getting this happening to me it caused me to stop playing several months ago since then ive gotten a new computer new OS new graphis card all stress tested and ready to run will run other games just fine but i get into the middle of a map and everything just shuts down and i go from in game to home screen desktop....this makes the game unplayable and the reason i havent purcheased te new clan expac set
please fix

#80 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

the game has been doing this to me for the last week, more frequently with the newest patch... about 50 times so far... I don't do overclocking, just a regular gaming rig...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users