Gauss machine

17 replies to this topic

#1 Chromanin

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

I'm looking to buy my first mech, and I'm really interested in something that can carry some gausses. I'm looking at the Atlas for this (Buying with MC). Any favorites?

#2 I Just Ate Your Grapes Bro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

If the guass is all you're after, the Catapult K2 can carry 2 on it if you put an XL engine in it, only mech that can currently use this setup. Though be ready, people will whine a LOT if you kill them in this mech.

#3 Chromanin

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

No I do want something all-round, and I don't care much for speed. The Atlas A57-K looks great though very expensive. I see it might have some heat issues however.

#4 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostChromanin, on 04 November 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

No I do want something all-round, and I don't care much for speed. The Atlas A57-K looks great though very expensive. I see it might have some heat issues however.

I'm running the atlas-K as my main mech. I have two large lasers, gauss and 2 anti-missiles, and two medium pulse lasers. I think the build is great all-around and packs quite a punch. I have 29 heatsinks so heating up is not really a problem in normal situations. You will only notice heat warnings when trying to fight multiple mechs in a row and even then I just stop using the large lasers and can keep spamming gauss and med pulse lasers indefinitely while my heat drops down. So I can definitely recommend the atlas-K for your gaussing and overall needs :).

#5 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Chromnin if you have played a lot and are comfortable with an Atlas, then go ahead. If not I would recommend an easier mech to pilot, an Atlas is very slow and can easily get our maneuvered.
You can stick a gauss in any mech that has a ballistic slot (check out www.mwowiki.org) for mech hard points.
Common builds are;
any Atlas
the infamous K2 Catapult
a Dragon (although if you loose that gauss arm, then what?)
the Hunchback 4G & 4H can mount one
the Centurion (but like the dragon it is in the arm, meaning if your a good pilot, you'll need to protect that side of your mech)
and maybe even the Cicada can fit one.

#6 Tynian

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

The K2 Cat build is easy to use and can get you a lot of kills. Just ignore all the haters. But be prepared it is vulnerable to the lights. So best to have a partner to watch your back.

#7 Antony Weiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationEast Coast U.S.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

What else would you put on a K-2?

#8 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

The Atlas' 2x ballistic hardpoints are both on right torso, in which is impossible to fit in 2x Gauss.

The only mech that fits 2x Gauss is the Catapult K-2 aka Gausscat/Gausspult. But if you use that loadout then you automatically commit yourself as a ****.

View PostAntony Weiner, on 04 November 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

What else would you put on a K-2?

Dual AC2 or AC5. Rarely AC10.

#9 Antony Weiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationEast Coast U.S.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostHelmstif, on 04 November 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

The Atlas' 2x ballistic hardpoints are both on right torso, in which is impossible to fit in 2x Gauss.

The only mech that fits 2x Gauss is the Catapult K-2 aka Gausscat/Gausspult. But if you use that loadout then you automatically commit yourself as a ****.

Dual AC2 ;) or AC5. Rarely AC10.

:P

#10 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

ac 20s

I put 2 gauss rifles on a cicada once. prior to the you must have 10 heatsinks part...

#11 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostAntony Weiner, on 04 November 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

:P

problemo brotha?

#12 Infavol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostHelmstif, on 04 November 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

Dual AC2 or AC5. Rarely AC10.

i rolled with dual AC5 when i had one, and dual ERPPC's. Ive seen people with machine guns, LPLs and more

#13 Discordantone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationUnited States, D.C. (no it's technically not part of any state)

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostEhrithane, on 04 November 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

If the guass is all you're after, the Catapult K2 can carry 2 on it if you put an XL engine in it, only mech that can currently use this setup. Though be ready, people will whine a LOT if you kill them in this mech.

That or just turn your screen red with LRM fire until you quit playing the Cat... or you start to decide against sniping and start getting into the middle of the fight, only to learn why some mechs are called 'Hammer' or 'Brawler' and the K2 isn't one.

#14 I Just Ate Your Grapes Bro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

View PostInfavol, on 04 November 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

no, get out of here, nobody wants your gauss nubtastic nubness

edit: Gauss are awesome, but ull look like a queerbag if u put em on an K2

LOL! See, never used a gauss cat myself, but look at all the poor childish anger that comes from them, this is what to expect should you ever use a dual gauss K2, hilarious to see them cry.

If you are just wanting to utilize the gauss and want an assault, the Atlas is the way to go, just keep in mind it is pretty easy to be destroyed in the Atlas' enormous side torso, while the K2 could mount dual gauss, it also has energy hardpoints so you can use those if you want as well, but you'll get a lot more firepower onto an Atlas.

#15 I Just Ate Your Grapes Bro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:17 AM

View PostSlater01, on 04 November 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Chromnin if you have played a lot and are comfortable with an Atlas, then go ahead. If not I would recommend an easier mech to pilot, an Atlas is very slow and can easily get our maneuvered.
You can stick a gauss in any mech that has a ballistic slot (check out www.mwowiki.org) for mech hard points.
Common builds are;
any Atlas
the infamous K2 Catapult
a Dragon (although if you loose that gauss arm, then what?)
the Hunchback 4G & 4H can mount one
the Centurion (but like the dragon it is in the arm, meaning if your a good pilot, you'll need to protect that side of your mech)
and maybe even the Cicada can fit one.

Unless they've changed something recently, the Dragon can't fit a gauss in its arm

#16 Dewil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

A Dragon can carry a Gauss in its arm
So can a Centurion

And there is one Cicada that can carry double gauss! (but you'll have the same speed as an Atlas, 1 ton of ammo and no armor! But it is possible)

#17 Infavol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

View PostEhrithane, on 05 November 2012 - 12:14 AM, said:

LOL! See, never used a gauss cat myself, but look at all the poor childish anger that comes from them, this is what to expect should you ever use a dual gauss K2, hilarious to see them cry.

If you are just wanting to utilize the gauss and want an assault, the Atlas is the way to go, just keep in mind it is pretty easy to be destroyed in the Atlas' enormous side torso, while the K2 could mount dual gauss, it also has energy hardpoints so you can use those if you want as well, but you'll get a lot more firepower onto an Atlas.

Yes,I am crying,you can definitely see my tears through the monitor,dumbdonkey(I got flagged for qu*erbag lol)

#18 Staplebeater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

I have my founders atlas with 3 LL, gauss, and a pair of streaks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users