#1 Edan Dettwiler

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

The balance is wrong and really sucks.

When free players select awsomes, you can have alot of atlai on the opposing team : an awsome is not equal to an atlas. When I see an awsome I think fresh meat.

Now that collision is off, people just run into you at full tilt : Assaults are used as trampoline and since they cant turn as fast, other mechs gets alot of free shots agaisnt them.

Some inconsistent rubberbanding not related to latency makes lights hard to hit server side (you see your laser scoring them and staying on them, but no damage is shown). Assaults suffer because they dont have the same ''lag shield'' because of their speed.

This is total crap : an jenner is a force to be reconned with : It can take two atlai no problem, I've done it and its rediculously easy now that there is no knockdown.

This is a big step backwards in terms of balance.

#2 The Cheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

1) The trial awesome is a good long-range mech. It's NOT an in-your-face brawler like an Atlas. Of course it's going to lose if you try to play it the same way.

2) Collisions will be re-implemented when they are fixed.

3) Lead your targets.

Edit: I don't think you know what "balance" is.

Edited by The Cheese, 04 November 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#3 Edan Dettwiler

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

1) I didnt play it : I played against them.

2) What was wrong with it? Why leave it out instead of having it as a placeholder.

3) Lead your target with a laser to hit where there is no mech? Bravo my friend!

We are in open beta, things should be upgraded as fixes comes in, not taken out : I can already imagine all the whinning when colisions get put back with the new players that havent played with colisions.

I'm whinning now to at least have the old one : You cant take colisions out without replacing it with another balancing mechanism and expect everything to be peachy.

Man lead your targets? Really? Polite wording for my response to you is quite lacking, so I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Edan Dettwiler, 04 November 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#4 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

balance of this game has never been good lol

#5 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

I think the point he's really trying to make is that all of your issues have numerous threads about them as well as having official responses from teh Dev team on what's going on with them.
1.) MatchMaking
2.) Collisions
3.)Lag issues

All 3 have numerous threads that already exist and have been discussed.... thoroughly.
I'd take a look at the DEVs section on the forums and take a look around. Every issue you stated has official responses and what they're planning on doing to it for the most part or what they ARE doing about it at the moment

#6 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

View PostEdan Dettwiler, on 04 November 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

2) What was wrong with it? Why leave it out instead of having it as a placeholder.

3) Lead your target with a laser to hit where there is no mech? Bravo my friend!

1) most awesomes right now are trials, and thus the pilots don´t know how to use it properly... btw, a well outfitted awesome can be a pain for an atlas .

2.) lot´s of things actually, but i need to go to bed, no time to write a dossier about the broken mech collisions now...

3.) leading a laser on a jenner is a piece of cake... not always, i give you that, but it´s not like you have to land a heroic supershot to hit it...

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 04 November 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#7 Lefty Lucy

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

If a jenner isn't a force to be reckoned with, then this game will just turn into Atlaswarrior Online. I think the real problem right now in terms of role warfare is the place that mediums have in the game.

#8 The Cheese

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

1) They were doing it wrong. Probably newbies who haven't learned how to play for their build yet.

2) It was being abused in the same way that having no collisions is being abused. The difference is that it's a lot easier to grief with the old system in place. Collisions, in their old form, were generating an amount of negativity that dwarfs what we're seeing now that there are no collisions. Also, it comes back to the old "it's a team game" argument. If those Atlas' were being protected, they wouldn't have been torn apart by a single Jenner.

3) Yep. I do this all the time, and usually score in the top 3-4 on the board. I'll be happy to post up a video if you want to see it in action.

We are in open beta, things should be upgraded as fixes comes in, not taken out : I can already imagine all the whinning when colisions get put back with the new players that havent played with colisions.

It was removed for good reason, but yes, I agree that the newbies will be like deers in the dragon's headlights when collisions are put back in.

I'm whinning now to at least have the old one : You cant take colisions out without replacing it with another balancing mechanism and expect everything to be peachy.

Maybe not, but they removed it, and the game is less of a grief-fest now because of it.

Man lead your targets? Really? Polite wording for my response to you is quite lacking, so I'll leave it at that.

Yep, lead your targets. Welcome to online gaming with server-side authentication. Like it or not, that's the way things are unless the devs decide to implement some limited client-side auth. Impolite responses aimed at me aint' gonna change that.

If you can't think of a reasonable counter without resorting to harsh language, your argument got issues, son.

Also, it's "whining", not "whinning".

Edited by The Cheese, 04 November 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#9 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

/sigh
IT'S ATLASES.

But otherwise; you are right about selecting a Trial Awesome being counter productive. An Awesome itself is currently just an inferior Atlas... so picking an Awesome isn't very logical. If you pick an Awesome, the enemy team will get +1 Assault, and if that extra Assault is an Atlas, then you basically just shot your team in the foot because you selected the inferior Mech for your team while creating the superior one for the enemy. If you luck up it'll be Awesome vs Awesome, but your choice is a guarantee inferior choice while theirs is a 50/50 shot to have the better one. Not what a would call a logical gamble. If you want an Assault... get an Atlas. If not... go in the Medium/Heavy trials.

#10 Lokust

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouthern Michigan

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

It's been this way since june or earlier. At least now the worst case is you get an awesome in the slot where the other team has an atlas. Previously you could get anything.

Edited by Lokust, 04 November 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#11 Leetskeet

• Bad Company
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Yeah, it's boring.

If you pick a trial Awesome, Dragon, or Raven the chances are pretty good that the other team will end up with a Atlas, Catapult, or Jenner to fill match your spot. Especially the Raven. The other team getting a lagshielded, God-Tier Jenner for your Raven is probably the worst offender.

The sad thing is all of these particular trial mechs REALLY suck, with the Awesome being the only workable one. So if you end up on a team with a bunch of trial mechs against a team that has 4 or 5 real mechs you're basically dead as soon as you load in.

They're going to have to use a different system to determine what mech is a good match for another mech, be it some BV system they come up with or just plain and simple better matchmaking. Because honestly, a standard MWO Jenner is worth 3 trial Ravens, easily. A Gausscat is worth 3 trial Dragons, etc.

Edited by Leetskeet, 04 November 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#12 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Thank you for your feedback - fortunately many of your issues are being addressed:

View PostBryan Ekman, on 30 October 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Phase 1: November 6th

Pre-made groups will be limited to a max of 4 players when playing in random public forums. This is a quick fix to ease the PUG vs PRE issues. We do not consider this a final, nor complete fix to matchmaking.

Phase 2: November 20th

Pre-Made groups will be able to match against other pre-made groups.
  • Min group size: 4 players
  • Max group size: 8 players
  • Class Matching: No
  • Uneven Teams: Yes
Phase 3: December TBD

Full implementation of our modified ELO matchmaking solution. Details forthcoming.

Cheers!

RAM
ELH
MOD

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users