Who else is really excited about the camo-maker?

42 replies to this topic

#21 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

Posted Image

This is the only paintjob I'd be interested in.

#22 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 04 November 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

Posted Image

That scene looks like it ought to be airbrushed on the side of an 80's Van-Conversion.

#23 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

I assume the Houses will have individual color schemes and decals that are faction locked.

#24 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Posted Image

That is an awesome paint job. I'd buy that as soon as it was released.

Considering I bought pcgamer specifically for the custom skin and bobble head PGI needs to get more content out ASAP to meet players like me - who will drop money into the game right now if the content was there.

#25 Lefty Lucy

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostCocoaJin, on 04 November 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

That scene looks like it ought to be airbrushed on the side of an 80's Van-Conversion.

Welcome to battletech.

#26 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostNauht, on 04 November 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

That is an awesome paint job. I'd buy that as soon as it was released.

Considering I bought pcgamer specifically for the custom skin and bobble head PGI needs to get more content out ASAP to meet players like me - who will drop money into the game right now if the content was there.

I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to fork over more money but right now we're [insert adjectives here] about how MWO is turning out. For me the litmus test will be the meta-game. I can't justify spending any more money on this game until I see the total package.

#27 Jacek Owens

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

In the last patch there is:

desertcamo - spotty camo
founders (available already)
gradient - blends colours across mech - jenner only so far
hero mech (y-l-wang)
pcgamer - red stripe thingy
razzledazzle - nice camo pattern, colourable presumably
threepanel
whitehead

last two dont look different to me, so probably still in progress

Edited by Jacek Owens, 04 November 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#28 Inconspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Love the camo maker, I wouldn't mind throwing the devs a bit of cash for (non-gameplay) things like that.

#29 JewBoy

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Its nice to see that Piranha Games has so much free time on their hands to implement useless fluff like mech skins and MC only mechs. I guess that must mean all the memory leaks, netcode bugs, balance, match making, graphics, and other issues are fixed. I am so glad they know how to prioritize things.

Edited by JewBoy, 04 November 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#30 Keifomofutu

• 2,547 posts
  • LocationLloydminster

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

View PostJewBoy, on 04 November 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

Its nice to see that Piranha Games has so much free time on their hands to implement useless fluff like mech skins and MC only mechs. I guess that must mean all the memory leaks, netcode bugs, balance, match making, graphics, and other issues are fixed.

As much as I agree those issues are far far more important it's also true that the art guys probably aren't going to be a great deal of help to the network programmers either.

#31 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

View PostKeifomofutu, on 04 November 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

As much as I agree those issues are far far more important it's also true that the art guys probably aren't going to be a great deal of help to the network programmers either.

QFT, so now I dont have to say it.

Edited by CocoaJin, 04 November 2012 - 07:59 PM.

#32 Valore

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Posted Image

Reminds me of the old art for the original Transformers animated movie :P

#33 Jacek Owens

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

View PostJewBoy, on 04 November 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

Its nice to see that Piranha Games has so much free time on their hands to implement useless fluff like mech skins and MC only mechs. I guess that must mean all the memory leaks, netcode bugs, balance, match making, graphics, and other issues are fixed. I am so glad they know how to prioritize things.

You should see all the useless stuff you are going to be able to get for your cockpit.
They have some finished items lined up. There are folders in the game archives with finished textures for many items, some are still unfinished though. Some may come as freebies or promotions but they are in a folder marked "purchasable" so you'll end up paying for many I think.

beercan
bonsaitree
coconutmonkey - avail. via pcgamer code
dawn - avail. via nvidia facebook page code
gazelletoy
handgunstand
hulagirl

You'll also be able to put up flags, pictures, dog tags, faction emblems, propaganda pictures, hanging dice and the all important "air freshener"..

So start saving your real cash now if you want to impress your spectating friends with a cockpit decked out with useless tat.

Edited by Jacek Owens, 04 November 2012 - 08:01 PM.

#34 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostKeifomofutu, on 04 November 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

Whoa whoa whoa lets leave that kind of talk at the front door because everyone knows artists can do netcode.

#35 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

View PostJacek Owens, on 04 November 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

You should see all the useless stuff you are going to be able to get for your cockpit.
They have some finished items lined up. There are folders in the game archives with finished textures for many items, some are still unfinished though. Some may come as freebies or promotions but they are in a folder marked "purchasable" so you'll end up paying for many I think.

beercan
bonsaitree
coconutmonkey - avail. via pcgamer code
dawn - avail. via nvidia facebook page code
gazelletoy
handgunstand
hulagirl

You'll also be able to put up flags, pictures, dog tags, faction emblems, propaganda pictures, hanging dice and the all important "air freshener"..

So start saving your real cash now if you want to impress your spectating friends with a cockpit decked out with useless tat.

That hula girl better hula seeing as the fairy doesn't bounce at all.

#36 JewBoy

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

For how visually unappealing this game is, and how uncreative their camo patterns are, i'm willing to bet their "artists" are programmers. And as usual the founders are apologists.

Edited by JewBoy, 04 November 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#37 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostJewBoy, on 04 November 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

For how visually unappealing this game is, and how uncreative their camo patterns are, i'm willing to bet their "artists" are programmers. And as usual the founders are apologists.

I could say stop being such a *** in a play with your handle or how your attitude towards founders fits your name but I think it'll be deleted. Lets see if this is still here in a few.

#38 Gun Bear

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

I'll be excited about it when I figure out what the hell is wrong with my computer that keeps me from playing any games at all!

#39 Keifomofutu

• 2,547 posts
  • LocationLloydminster

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

I would say the actual art assets like the models for the mechs and the textures in the game are one its best strengths. They get taken behind the woodshed with the film grain, blur, and bloom, but the actual art is top notch.

#40 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Im just disappointed that we have to pay every time we repaint it, based on what I understood from his post. I would like to make a paint job, pay, and then be able to use it again later for free if I want to. And if we have to pay to paint every separate mech.. I can see that getting old really fast. I dont want to be nickel and dimed on the paint, they already went overboard with mech mc prices IMHO. Looking forward to it, nonetheless.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users