I Died -- Except Not Completely

v1.0.134

3 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Elf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

On Forest Colony, dropped in my CAT-K2, and after some tight in-fighting in the C4 killbox, got completely cored. I went to third-person view as usual, watched as my poor mech lay twitching on the ground...

...and that was it. Didn't move to spectate in another's cockit, no crash out or anything either. And my mech's twitching got a bit worse as I watched.

Eventually I tried some controls. Nothing responded, except my throttle up/down keys... the throttle indicator moved to match, though my mech didn't accelerate.

So I took a screenshot to demonstrate this:

Posted Image

Then I tried firing. To my shock, this worked:

Posted Image

Also note changed throttle position. Tried again, alpha strike this time:

Posted Image

Unfortunately, no-one wandered in front of me, so I couldn't find out if I could actually hit anything, but my ammo count had gone down when I got back to mechlab. On the other hand, I was definitely dead; my K/D ratio dropped.

#2 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Had the same thing happen on a different map. (The open one with the crater in the middle.)

Was stuck in third-person view with a dead mech. Could fire lasers with full sound effects. Didn't go on to spectator.

Playing on an imac bought this year. Partitioned hard drive running windows 7.

REALLY enjoying the game. Good luck devs :)

#3 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

lol i though it was a k2 issue. I had this happened to my k2 in the valley 3 time. You ask can you hit something .Yes you can kill . I got a kill one a mech that i alpha right in front of me. lol talk about the walking dead. I have also had it Again in the k2, she shut down due to heat. She started walking and could not be killed till power all of a sudden came back 3mins later.

#4 RasputiN

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • LocationVenice

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

I can fire too!! Happened in River City.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users