Dumbest MWO moment?

20 replies to this topic

#1 DotDotWin

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

What is the most stupid thing you have witnessed in the game?

I just won a match because we had a guy AFK. Everyone else was dead and the two enemies left, a Jenner and a Raven wanted to was the better pilot. So the shot at each other as the clock counted down and our entire team watched through the AFK guy's window. I was on team chat telling everyone to encourage them to fight. We pretended to be taking sides and arguing about which mech was better. Sure enough, the two of them battled in front of us until the timer ran out and we won.

#2 The Cheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

I don't see how that's dumb...

#3 DotDotWin

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostThe Cheese, on 04 November 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

I don't see how that's dumb...

Our enemies tried to kill each other and let the timer run out without trying to cap our base.. so we won.. How can you not see that as a stupid thing to do on their part?

#4 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

I read an Abrahms thread once.

Once.

#5 The Cheese

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostDotDotWin, on 04 November 2012 - 07:20 PM, said:

Our enemies tried to kill each other and let the timer run out without trying to cap our base.. so we won.. How can you not see that as a stupid thing to do on their part?

They obviously didn't care whether they won the match or not. They wanted to duel, so they did. The fact that they did this in front of your AFK guy only makes me more confident that they didn't care about the match, because it means that they knew they could get away with it without your guy interrupting.

Edited by The Cheese, 04 November 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#6 DotDotWin

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostThe Cheese, on 04 November 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

They obviously didn't care whether they won the match or not. They wanted to duel, so they did. The fact that they did this in front of your AFK guy only makes me more confident that they didn't care about the match, because it means that they knew they could get away with it without your guy interrupting.

I'm not sure if you are trolling or just really, really trying to make the list.

#7 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 04 November 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

I read an Abrahms thread once.

Once.

Aside from this, weeding through 90% of the posts on the forums. lol

#8 The Cheese

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostDotDotWin, on 04 November 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

I'm not sure if you are trolling or just really, really trying to make the list.

Neither (I gotta admit, I don't know what this "list" is). I guess I can just see how these guys might have felt like proving which one of them was better was more important than winning the match. The enemy team is often just a bunch of faceless nobodies. The guy you just fought beside is another player.

#9 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Seeing that either your base or enemy base is about to be captured and the defender stepping off.

#10 xRaeder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 938 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

First world problem here:

Dropping $120.00 on a game before it was out and hoping that it would be fixed before release (open beta).

#11 Rifter

• 2,230 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

The exit stratagy i used in a game yesterday against a obvious premade team.

Started at raised base side of river city. I was in my jenner. pug team, asked for plan in chat got no response so ran across bridge into city and went along far edge to ninja cap as i saw them moving across g row into water on thermal as most teams do from that side.

I waited just outside enemy base to give time for enemy team to make it far enough away that when i capped i could actually accomplish sometihng without them coming back right away, they started to engage our team below our base so i started capping. Got base about 60% capped before enemy scout showed up to flush me out. Usually this isnt a issue as i run 2 streak2's in my jenner but this was a 3 streak2 commando so i decided not to play with him and use my planned exit stratagy of going scross G row into the water to get behind enemy lines and shake them up a little.

So i got going full speed with this commando on my *** so i decided to use my jumpjets to get over a oil tank and out into the water and hopefully get out of streak range at the same time. As i cleared the oil tank and was still going up into the air with my JJ i noticed the WHOLE ENEMY TEAM had retreated from the city back into the water, and the 7 enemy mechs other than the commando which was chasing me were all within 100 meteres of where i was going to land, and they were ALL looking at the exact spot where i was going to land, i mad it three steps after landing and was blown to pieces.

Obviously my exit stratagy could have worked out better for me.

#12 Spew

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

I had just saved up enough C-Bills with a trial mech to buy my first Commando. I was all proud of it and spent an hour tweeking it and getting ready to go streaking into battle. 5 Seconds into the match I get a volley in the back from one of my own team as I was running to the left flank which vaporized my center torso and took me out of the match. One team mate tells him "hey, don't shoot the blue guys." He responded "Commandos don't count." Shortest game ever.

Edited by Spew, 04 November 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#13 Daycrist Bloodfang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

View PostSpew, on 04 November 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

I had just saved up enough C-Bills with a trial mech to buy my first Commando. I was all proud of it and spent an hour tweeking it and getting ready to go streaking into battle. 5 Seconds into the match I get a volley in the back from one of my own team as I was running to the left flank which vaporized my center torso and took me out of the match. One team mate tells him "hey, don't shoot the blue guys." He responded "Commandos don't count." Shortest game ever.

I chuckled

I would have to say whenever a Jenner or commando try to run from my Raven to try and ditch me with speed....till they find out my Raven goes 145 KPH

#14 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Dumbest MWO moment = DHS set to 1.4

#15 Tempered

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Why would anyone run from a raven?

#16 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,374 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Funniest thing I've seen. Two teams battle it out 7 vs 8 as one guy was DCed and his mech powered down (I'm assuming he launched with no engine). The 7 team battled fiercely and almost prevailed but all fell with one opponent left on the team of 8.

Now here's the funny part. The last guy remaining on the enemy team was a Streak cat and the DCed mech was standing on cap.

#17 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

Don't know, there has been so many. I'll do a generalization about myself. One of the dumbest things I've done is, get too focused on "making that kill" and loose situational awareness. Next thing I know my team is gone or dead and I find myself fighting alone. I don't do that as often anymore, but I would like to kick my self in the a** when it happens.

On the bright side, it's funny to watch it happen to other people. Who get over confident from their mech build.

#18 The Cheese

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

View PostTempered, on 04 November 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

Why would anyone run a raven?

Fixed.

#19 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 04 November 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

Funniest thing I've seen. Two teams battle it out 7 vs 8 as one guy was DCed and his mech powered down (I'm assuming he launched with no engine). The 7 team battled fiercely and almost prevailed but all fell with one opponent left on the team of 8.

Now here's the funny part. The last guy remaining on the enemy team was a Streak cat and the DCed mech was standing on cap.

Thats pretty good, I was in a game that tied that way. It was me(in streak) on my team and one guy left on the other team. He powered down on our cap, and we stood there for like 4minutes. Tied.

#20 MadcatX

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Equipping mech with Ultra AC/5's.

Going into a battle, bewildered at the fact that the Ultra's are showing no ammo. Facepalming after realizing that I must have forgotten to add ammo.

Going into mechlab after, seeing that there is ammo but it's all AC/5.

Edited by MadcatX, 04 November 2012 - 09:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users