7 replies to this topic

#1 Minos Murdoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 252 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Ok at the moment you get XP for "kill" "kill assist" "component destruction" "spotting" "damage done" but can you add "Tag/narc assist". Ok I know that this is kind of like spotting but everyone gets spotting, When I've been in my LRM boat I've had matches with some very very good light mech pilots that don't do a lot of damage but they have worked very hard to tag targets for the LRM fire helping to take them down quicker but they don't currently get anything for it. I think these pilots need additional money/xp for their work.

#2 Daycrist Bloodfang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

As a Raven pilot with TAG equipped I approve this message :D but seriously light mechs with TAG put their butts on the line to keep a TAG on enemy mechs as it usually will pull us far from support and make the enemy team go nuts on us

#3 Tamerathon

• PipPip
  • The Scarecrow
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

I'll agree with this- experience for TAG assists would make a dangerous job more worthwhile. Generally, if you're tagging you're within killing range and alone...

Might help to also increase the range of the TAG laser so it can be used to put a little distance between you and the enemy

#4 Seravos

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

I'd like to see more of a NEED for TAGs on targets for LRMs that are out of sight or at least a more visual difference in how accurate and how much damage the missiles have.

#5 Magovai

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Where can I find a description of what these weapon systems do? The last Mech game I played was MW2 & Mercenaries ( as well as MechCommander :D ) and I remember seeing stuff like "C.A.S.E." and "Narc" but I can't remember what their function is. What is "Tag" too?

#6 Daycrist Bloodfang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostSeravos, on 04 November 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

I'd like to see more of a NEED for TAGs on targets for LRMs that are out of sight or at least a more visual difference in how accurate and how much damage the missiles have.

I agree with this spotting alone was only a chance to hit the target in board version they didn't lock on.

View PostMagovai, on 04 November 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Where can I find a description of what these weapon systems do? The last Mech game I played was MW2 & Mercenaries ( as well as MechCommander :P ) and I remember seeing stuff like "C.A.S.E." and "Narc" but I can't remember what their function is. What is "Tag" too?

TAG is a system even in use today It is Target Aquisition Gear basically a Laser you paint a target with for Missiles CASE Is Cellular Ammunition Storage Equipment It basically is for ammo so that when Ammo explodes it vents the explosion out the back of the mech keeping it from blowing the area of the mech the ammo is stored away. NARC is basically a missile that sticks to a target and transmits a homing beacon for missiles

Edited by Daycrist Bloodfang, 04 November 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#7 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostMagovai, on 04 November 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Where can I find a description of what these weapon systems do?

Here's a good source for future reference: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page :P

#8 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Getting XP for TAG/NARC is definately a good idea, but it would need to be implemented in such a way that you only get the bonus if it contributes to a kill, perhaps similar to kill assist? e.g. LRM's which hit while you have TAG on cause 25% damage, then the mech who is TAG'ing gets a 25 xp bonus - just like the kill assist - but should only apply to damage caused by other mechs and not your own missiles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users