Wonky Dragon 1N AC-5 Aiming?

1 reply to this topic

#1 p4g3m4s7r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

So, I don't know if this is an issue with the game, or if I should expect this, but it seems to me like something is wrong with the way the AC-5 aims on the trial Dragon (1N). I've tested multiple times on disconnected and/or completely stationary targets, and unless I'm at least ~250 meters away from a target, the shot I fire always goes low and to the right of the target. The divergence from the reticle is HUGE! But, the problem isn't there after 250 meters.

Is this supposed to be a feature? Is it like this on other mechs with AC in their arm? I feel like this really hurts ACs for use in mechs like the dragon if they're supposed to be used for hunting light mechs, since that always devolves into a very short ranged fight.

I'd just really like to know because I'm considering a Centurion or Hunchback for LBX light mech hunting.

#2 Tickdoff Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

The ballistic convergence (especially on arm mounted weapons) is not really working very well right now. Part of the problem can be when you lead a target and your reticle is on an object at a different range than your target is, that can throw a shot way off. And I have seen the same thing that you have, inside 200m (not sure about 250+ but I am not suprised) the ballistc weapons can fire at weird angles. You can see the same thing with PPCs as well, they are energy weapons that functions like a ballistic.

The Devs are aware of the issue and are working on a fix, but they have a LOT of things that they are working on.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users