7 replies to this topic

#1 Zultor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 171 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Out of the 6 games I have played tonight I have lost 4 of them to the other team rushing our base and capping within seconds. Basically they flank to the base and are there within a minute or so of the game start. We aren't talking Commandos and Cicadas (lights) either. They usually are Catapults, Centurions, etc. With 6+ enemies even when we have a couple of defenders we die in seconds and they cap quicker than any friendlies can get back.

This tactic seems to be taking over so please adjust the cap mechanic. A couple of suggestions:

1) Caps can't happen until x minutes into a match
2) Further reduce the bonus for multiple allied mechs in enemy cap space to caps take longer

I would guess that they are premades because in all instances at least 6-7 enemy mechs were running close formation and got to our base so quick they all had to have XL engines. I only play PUG's and getting 6 mechs to do anything is impossible plus the chances of 6+ mechs in a pug having xl engines isn't likely. I'm not sure how the other team thinks this is fun so I guess they are doing it to grind xp/credits.

#2 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Then I guess "YOUR" whole team shouldn't have tried that as well...!! How did "YOUR" entire team not see them..??
Oh wait, "YOUR" entire team blobbed one way, but couldn't cap as fast as the other team..?? Was that it..??
I see a lot of that, because let me tell you, if you have lights at even half map, they can get back to base to at least stop the cap for a minute before they die, making enough time for a Medium or two to make it back and run them off...
Also, I bought a bigger Engine (NOT XL) for my Centurion, he only goes 81 KPH, but I have to run back to base quite a bit...
Yeah getting quick capped stinks, but if "YOUR" team would have had anything even close to base, then problem "HALF" solved..

Edited by Odins Fist, 04 November 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#3 Inconspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Or defend your base...

#4 Lin Shai

• 2,401 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDenver, CO

Stop not scouting.

If your team rushes off to nowhere and you don't know what the enemy is doing or where they are ... you're going to lose.

Every time.

#5 Darius Otsdarva

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 369 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

The cap run seems like a particularly popular tactic to earn easy C-bills. I've been seeing it a lot more recently.

I just tend to tell my group to camp and wait. They usually rush in a line and we end up with a decent brawl at the base.

#6 KinLuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Actually, the everyone-stick-together-and-rush-their-base trick is one of the few strategies/tactics you can pull of with a PUG.

Premades most of the time will want to kill the enemy team on top of the capture.

#7 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Not a big deal actually. Some premades do that, but this tactics only works as long as the enemy doesn't have a single assault aiming at the base. Two LRM boats covering the base from distance and the enemy team is screwed ... Happened many times to my team, lost only once.

#8 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Thank you for your feedback - fortunately additional gamemodes are coming.

Cheers!

RAM
ELH
MOD

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users