Private Game Mod

48 replies to this topic

Poll: Private Game Mod (103 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this game mode is essential for MWO?

1. Yes (83 votes [80.58%])

Percentage of vote: 80.58%

2. No (16 votes [15.53%])

Percentage of vote: 15.53%

3. neutral (4 votes [3.88%])

Percentage of vote: 3.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Karrig Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 167 posts
  • LocationBreak room, getting coffee

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Everyone is hitting the nail with the Hammer, we need to keep this topic as active AS POSSIBLE to make sure people see it.

Deathlike, if you can please respond again urging for the need of Private Matchmaking.

PLEASE, please post this thread onto your units forums, your recruitment forums....everywhere, this needs to be recognized as one of the top priorities of the community.

Private Matchmaking is essential to the success of this game, the ability to keep players interested.

#22 Doom Radick

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8 posts
  • Locationclan-wolf.info

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Majority of the games i know of that have multiplayer HAVE private matches that you can privately invite people.

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostKarrig, on 28 March 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Deathlike, if you can please respond again urging for the need of Private Matchmaking.

It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. They promised something like this, but it's probably not at the top of their list. It might be a while before you see it really...

#24 Tekadept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

This will never happen as this will fragment their player base.. oh wait........

I can see them bringing it in eventually but charge you an MC cost per match will you still be keen on this idea then?

Edited by Tekadept, 28 March 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#25 Doom Radick

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8 posts
  • Locationclan-wolf.info

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostTekadept, on 28 March 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

I can see them bringing it in eventually but charge you an MC cost per match will you still be keen on this idea then?

If they do for some reason to pull that crap on us i am officially going to leave the game as that is complete bull. No game does that nor it should. Hell, if they did that they might us well tell us to pay for the damn game PLUS pay monthly like World of Warcraft does.

Very Greedy i say.

Edited by ApocalypticDoom, 28 March 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#26 Karrig Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 167 posts
  • LocationBreak room, getting coffee

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 28 March 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. They promised something like this, but it's probably not at the top of their list. It might be a while before you see it really...

And that's why we need more positive demanding replies to make sure private matchmaking gets placed to a top priority.

#27 Marj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Agree, the ability to train in a controlled environment is critical for competitive teams.

#28 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

View PostKarrig, on 28 March 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

And that's why we need more positive demanding replies to make sure private matchmaking gets placed to a top priority.

I doubt that would change their priorities by that much. If they announced that they would refuse to do it, then you'd get more outcry.

What we're doing here is "wishing" and/or yelling that we want it now.

#29 Litzkrieg Radick

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Of course. For Clans, merc corps and groups of friends, it is vital. Private matches provide the opportunity for training, organized fun, non-competitive play, or organized competitions against other groups.

Do we expect private matches to be treated the same as normal matches? Of course not! For one thing, to alleviate concerns over its effect on .matchmaking and stats, private matches should have no impact on ELO, scores or stats. Private games would not count for these, just as a private game in Starcraft II does not affect ranking in public matchmaking.

Moreover, it would, to put it bluntly, attract more customers. Offering the opportunity to organize matches would bring new members into the game and enthrall some players who are not currently very active. The more they play and the more newcomers arrive, revenues from the game would likely increase. As someone plays this game more, they tend to invest some cash into MC, hero mechs, etc. While this may be cynical, it provides a realistic incentive to PGI and IGP to implement a high-demand feature.

Most importantly, it would make the game more fun. Practicing with Clanmates and fighting against other groups provides a functional and realistic engine to cultivate the MWO community.

As for naysayers saying that we are whining, just leave. I, and many others, are providing constructive feedback to the Devs. Despite popular belief, they DO listen to us and they DO care about our input. They have work to do, and cannot implement our every wish, but they hear us nonetheless. Have hope, and remember that this game is still in beta. We cannot expect everything to be perfect, but that does mean that it will continue to improve and become even more wonderful. By providing good, respectful feedback, we can help MWO become something greater than it already is. Let us support the Devs in their continued mission to bring us stompy mech violence!

#30 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Well looks like the game is going to be P2playtogether. sigh I can see the same applying to any private lobbie as well, you must be paying premium

Edited by Tekadept, 29 March 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#31 Gekkido

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

This mode would be essential to training, and to team vs. team play. I can't really see a game such as MWO without it really.

#32 RedFoxsi

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 56 posts
  • LocationWalnut Creek, Ca

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

We need this ...... now .. we need to be able to practice together. Train.

Give it to us now

#33 Kai Harper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 205 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Guys...demanding that the implement it right now will get nothing of the sort - give them time. Acting all resigned that you'll have to pay something to play in a game mode - or at worst, being a premium member only - isn't the way to go about it. I can't see PGI making us pay to play anything. They were overwhelmed by how much money they made with the Founder's packs, and I can't see them kicking that loyalty in the mouth like that.

It would be really, really nice to have private matches, I agree, but basically calling these guys out on it and crying isn't going to do any good. Let them know it's a wanted feature, which has already been done, and prod them every now and then, so they don't forget. Once again, give them time. They want this to succeed as much as we do.

#34 Doom Radick

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8 posts
  • Locationclan-wolf.info

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

We never said we want it right now, as that would be a half-assed attempt at a private match if we rushed them. Look at the "Training Grounds". Helps you get much much better by shooting mechs that don't move at all. Thats some good TRAINING i suppose...

We just want them to work on it and make it one of their priorities. To bring in more customers, and to please the ones who are already here.

We are crying out because they are NOT working on the Private Matches. They said it wasn't worth working on it as it was a time and money waster. If you can prove me wrong and show me the exact text saying "We are working on Private Matches currently", not "We are THINKING about doing Private Matches", then be my guest. I would love to be proven wrong.

Money is the only thing on their mind as it fills their dirty pockets. They lost the true vision of making video games. You do it because it is your passion, your dream, and your feeling of accomplishment. The money they made has made them different. They changed into money hogs. Please PGI, tell me you don't make choices just for the money. That's why you released a 30$ Hero Mech WITHOUT RELEASING THE MECHS THEMSELVES. Money, money, money. It is a business yes, but it would be nice for them to care about the customer for a change.

Edited by ApocalypticDoom, 03 April 2013 - 01:45 PM.

#35 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

absolutely essential.
even if you have to remain logged into MWO to make private matches, I still think its important to do this now that all server support for MWLL is gone. Having private games would make training, Zelbrigen, Recruitment and faction challenges much more capable. More importantly, it will give more people a reason to play MWO

#36 MasterErrant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 05 November 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

To the question if this mod is an imperative i would say it depends on the ongoing features that will be implemented.
Away from that I would say its a pretty impudent thing to DEMAND answers from the Devs.
I would suggest you reconsider your stance.

if tbhis were a normal game and we were actually "
beta testing " it it would be impudent. but they have already raked in as much as many games make. and when they asked people to pay to beta they opened themsdelves to accountability.

#37 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

how many people are really going to pay mc every time they want to have a private match? your kidding yourself if you think that wont be the case.

#38 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Here's the problem with this sort of mode, and the reason we will probably never see it:

It would take server space, and server space costs money. End of story.

Even if it would be cool, it's simply not cost-effective for the publisher.

#39 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

I'd like to see private matches, but with very minimal C-Bill and XP rewards.
I'm hoping for nothing over 50k total for a good game and win. (that's after component destruction, kills, assists, etc) Which equates to basically 75% less C-Bills and XP from normal pug matches.
People are going to gripe about this, but this nerf is basically ESSENTIAL so that the entire community isn't absorbed in private matches where they could potentially be more fun, or be exploited to generate tons of revenue. The focus of private matches ought to be only used for hosted tournaments, lan-party type scenarios, or training purposes. The main focus of the game should probably be the pug-gameplay, where you can reap more benefits from playing with random people and by contributing to the matchmaking pool size.

Anyways, that's my little thought. Private servers are cool, but really they shouldn't have a reward, or at most very limited rewards.

Edit: Just ganna throw this in there: I'd really like to see up to 12 or 24 player free-for-all deathmatch private matches... juuuuuuuuuuuuuust saying. The reason why private matches is because private matches would mean that there's a group of people playing together in a little more formal situation than that of pugs where anonymity is present. Deathmatch for random pugs isn't good because often someone is bound to just hide for the sake of winning and totally disregard holding up the game. It works a little differently in private matches though, and reason being is that all players are acquainted with every player in the match. This means that players are more aware of the time and are more likely to push themselves to battle to conclude the match faster; private matches aren't about winning per se and tend to be more focused towards the idea of playing together and having fun with friends.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 29 April 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#40 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Here I will just say it (PGI WILL NOT GIVE UP CONTROL OF MWO/MECHWARRIOR FOR PRIVATE MATCHES) I really don't consider MWO a true MechWarrior game but that's my opinion. Look what they have already done to the community took away the general forums so old and new members cannot post or discuss topics and posts not allowed a true open platform chat lobby system. Shall I go on ? Many have tried to work with PGI since the first of beta and every good idea the community has offered up they have shot down. PGI is beginning to be worse than the Mektek Mod mess and those asshats that ran Mektek and the community into the ground. If any of you want to come play War Thunder its a blast and the PVP and Co-Op are insanely fun. Link---> http://warthunder.co...free?r=glispa13

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users