Awesome 8R Missile Boat

7 replies to this topic

#1 Mack1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

If you were thinking of a LRM Boat here is what I am using, am not saying it's the best but no one can deny that it is lethal.

#2 Infavol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

Welp,can't see the video for some odd reason,but I ran 4xlrm20 with my awesome,u can't beat that burst damage wise from 1000m(no armor,xl engine)

#3 Cervantes88

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

Hm.

Ammo in arms ? With an XL engine ? Basically you lose ONE arm you're dead with the ammo ignition, especially since as an Awesome you are such a big and easy target. Not to mention an extreme vulnerability to crits.

You know the point of a "zombie" build is to be slow but hard to kill. Like a Centurion. You're just dead meat for any fast-mover, to the point that your lasers aren't going to help you to the least.

There are much more viable, cost-efficient and all-around better "missile boat" builds out there. I wouldn't recommend using yours unless you have millions C-bills to lose.

I would recommend the following build with the same overall effect :

AWS-8T

STD 200 Engine
462 STD Armor (52 RA LA RL LL / 48 - 20 RT LT / 70 - 30 CT)
14 DHS total (including Engine)

4 LRM15 with 8 tons of ammo (4 in legs, 4 in RT with Case) 1440 missiles, 24 full volleys more than enough if you don't fire too randomly and communicate with your spotter.
2 Medium Lasers in RA (not to be completely helpless outside of LRM efficiency)
AMS with 1t of ammo (in head, less exposed to random crits, screwed if destroyed anyway)

Much cheaper and MUCH more resilient (as long as you don't get headshotted by gauss or laserboats, but such is the fate of any Awesome anyway).

Edit : After reading myself I realize that it may be a bit harshly formulated. I do not mean to be rude, just informative as much as I can. You're welcome to criticize my build as well of course, but you should try it instead, it SHOULD save you more C-bills =)

Edited by Cervantes88, 05 November 2012 - 07:13 AM.

#4 EnigmaNL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 379 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

This is a pretty strong build, lots of damage but not a lot of survivability. If you're lucky and get a good pug that doesn't let all the mechs straight through to you you can tear the enemy mechs a new one, but if you have a derpy team you are toast.

A few little jenners or commando's will ruin your fun big time.

This build could be pretty good as fire support with a good team, I wouldn't run pugs with it.

Still, nice video, it's fun watching you blast mechs into small pieces :)

#5 Mack1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostCervantes88, on 05 November 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

Hm.

Ammo in arms ? With an XL engine ? Basically you lose ONE arm you're dead with the ammo ignition, especially since as an Awesome you are such a big and easy target. Not to mention an extreme vulnerability to crits.

You know the point of a "zombie" build is to be slow but hard to kill. Like a Centurion. You're just dead meat for any fast-mover, to the point that your lasers aren't going to help you to the least.

There are much more viable, cost-efficient and all-around better "missile boat" builds out there. I wouldn't recommend using yours unless you have millions C-bills to lose.

AWS-8T

STD 200 Engine

4 LRM15 with 8 tons of ammo (4 in legs, 4 in RT with Case) 1440 missiles, 24 full volleys more than enough if you don't fire too randomly and communicate with your spotter.
AMS with 1t of ammo (in head, less exposed to random crits, screwed if destroyed anyway)

Much cheaper and MUCH more resilient (as long as you don't get headshotted by gauss or laserboats, but such is the fate of any Awesome anyway).

Edit : After reading myself I realize that it may be a bit harshly formulated. I do not mean to be rude, just informative as much as I can. You're welcome to criticize my build as well of course, but you should try it instead, it SHOULD save you more C-bills =)

Your post is pretty much accurate on paper but in the real world things don't work like that.

I have played countless battles in this and I come top nearly everytime, sure some games I get whacked but 8/10 I have done so much dmg before they get me that I still make a fortune in Cbills, I have never made a financial loss with this Mech yet, it's just incredible.

Also you would not believe how long I can last in close quaters with my lazers, it's certainly not a glass cannon. This is stage 3 of my build, I did run with case and less ammo but decided more ammo was worth the risk. After much testing it was the correct decision, this mech is three months careful work trying multiple builds and for me it's just fine.

Your tactics have to be that you ain't going anywhere far on the map and try and get someone to stay close by to offer protection, I sometimes crack up a deal with any other missile boats to stay 200+ mts apart and watch eachothers back.

Finally 1600 ammo and some pulse lazers was more important than LRM 20's which is why I ditched the 20's as overall this build can do far more overall damage which equals more xp and money. But like I say this is for my play style, am not saying it's a better boat than anyone elses, this is just perfect for me.

#6 Konflict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostMack1, on 05 November 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

If you were thinking of a LRM Boat here is what I am using, am not saying it's the best but no one can deny that it is lethal.

To funny man, nice job -_-

#7 Infavol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostCervantes88, on 05 November 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

Hm.

AWS-8T

STD 200 Engine

erm wut, since when are lrm boats on the front lines :), i typically ask for an light to stick around with me to defend, so i can drop hell on others, i typically get 2-3 kills before being found out

#8 Tybo

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostMack1, on 05 November 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Your post is pretty much accurate on paper but in the real world things don't work like that.

I have played countless battles in this and I come top nearly everytime, sure some games I get whacked but 8/10 I have done so much dmg before they get me that I still make a fortune in Cbills, I have never made a financial loss with this Mech yet, it's just incredible.

Also you would not believe how long I can last in close quaters with my lazers, it's certainly not a glass cannon. This is stage 3 of my build, I did run with case and less ammo but decided more ammo was worth the risk. After much testing it was the correct decision, this mech is three months careful work trying multiple builds and for me it's just fine.

Your tactics have to be that you ain't going anywhere far on the map and try and get someone to stay close by to offer protection, I sometimes crack up a deal with any other missile boats to stay 200+ mts apart and watch eachothers back.

Finally 1600 ammo and some pulse lazers was more important than LRM 20's which is why I ditched the 20's as overall this build can do far more overall damage which equals more xp and money. But like I say this is for my play style, am not saying it's a better boat than anyone elses, this is just perfect for me.

It's the youtube man himself! I was inspired by your vid Mac and now I run the "ThunderCloud" all the time, it CRUSHES people.

As you well know, even if an atlas charges me, 2-3 salvos of 60 missles it's DEAD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users