Ask The Devs 23 - Answers!

43 replies to this topic

#21 Onyx Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

GORRAMIT....Finally have a question to ask and I didn't get it answered.

Can we get an update on DX11???...We've been waiting on that for awhile, and were told we were supposed to get it awhile back.

Edited by Onyx Rain, 05 November 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#22 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for the answers Garth ;)

woohoo new map!

#23 Scarlett Avignon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 913 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

I appreciate you guys doing these Q&A's, but I really wish you wouldn't cheat by answering the same question three times.

#24 ebea51

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

CHEERS GARTH!
Sounds awesome! Cheers for the hard work!

Looking fowards November's patches!! ;)

#25 Marineballer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hauptmann
  • Hauptmann
  • 470 posts
  • LocationMünchen, Deutschland

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

View PostKaox Veed, on 05 November 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

Still dodging the Grand Dragon question :D

So he didn't say "no" to this. It's fine.

#26 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

Oh guys, all the whine about community warfare.
Let them finish the mech warfare, and then we'll see.
Its easy isn't it ?
One problem at a time ?
It will come ..... some day .... maybe next fall considering their current pace when they got all mechs in and the basic gameply near to working.

Edited by The Basilisk, 06 November 2012 - 02:35 AM.

#27 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

Terminology nitpick...

Q: Will we be able to have personalized name tags that can be changed once Community Warfare comes out? there are many organized units out there right now that have there tags in place on the team speak servers. This is something of concern for several people who have established stables. [GenDread]
A: Around when Community Warfare comes out we have plans to add things like clan tags, yes. [Garth]

"add things like Successor State and Mercenary Corp tags, yes."

Reminder to reinforce the difference in the minds of the player base; Clan (capital C) is an ingame faction.

#28 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

still no word on performance. . .

#29 Fooooo

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

View PostYoseful Mallad, on 05 November 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

im more interested at the wink to us getting a 75 ton mech at some point? I went through all the 75 ton mech and with the exception of some of the classic Clan 75 tonners. The Inner Sphere has 2 that jump right out at me. The Orion and dare I say the Marauder B)

Yeah, the "You'll see ;)" seems like behind his breath...(typing in this case) he was really thinking "You wont believe what we have planned for the 75 tonner!!"..

Tho that's just me jumping at any little thing that "could" be a hint at a marauder..... :( I'm losing years each time I do it im sure......

Edited by Fooooo, 06 November 2012 - 05:14 AM.

#30 Dirty Old Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

I am feeling really good about my investments so far... to be able to play this game with the current features alone is a wet one coming through... I know maybe a lot of you have been spoilt on choices when it comes to so many games being out there fore you pvper so have, however I dare say this has been a long long time coming for us Mechwarrior hardcore fans,,,

Thank you again PGI for making this game a reality....(tears of joy rolling down his cheeks.)

#31 EGG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

In the last Q&A there were at least three decent answers. This was just a waste of time to read.

#32 T0rmented

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 317 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

View PostJetfire, on 05 November 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

SLI/Crossfire?? Is it not even in the current scope? Even knowing it is on target for pre-launch would be nice, JAN/FEB.

^ THIS, 60fps is great, but turn on the second card and give me 120

#33 Kingdok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Locationon your six...

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

View PostFooooo, on 06 November 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

Yeah, the "You'll see B)" seems like behind his breath...(typing in this case) he was really thinking "You wont believe what we have planned for the 75 tonner!!"..

Tho that's just me jumping at any little thing that "could" be a hint at a marauder..... ;) I'm losing years each time I do it im sure......

I too am pining away for my Marauder.... I would want the dorsal cannon to track with the arm weapons, of course, rather than remaining fixed forward. I wonder if they can do that?

#34 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

Community Warfare is still months away; instead Garth is answering questions mainly concerning this week and next week.

I'm sure there are still a lot of things for CW not set in stone, making it hard to really give proper answers.

#35 pesco

• 1,008 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Nice one! I like these:

View PostGarth Erlam, on 05 November 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

Q: Any plans to fix the NARC? [Digital Ninja]
A: Absolutely, I can see it being worked on as we speak. [Garth]

Q: Are yall planning to let use use a button to open the missle doors on mechs like the centurion and catapult? [screw ball]
A: Actually, I believe we'll have that ready next patch! [Garth]

Q: Is ECM planned to be able to do cool active stuff like Ghost Targets, or just negate NARC and mess with targeting? [Solis Obscuri]
A: It is planned to do awesome stuff 'like' that, yes. It'll do cool stuff. [Garth]

[...]

Q: We were informed that on the Oct 23rd Update we would be getting Forest Colony Alternate. Unless I am very unlucky it seems this map isnt in the rotation. Any news on when we can expect it? [Squid von Torgad]
A: Soo- I mean wait, no, tomorrow! [Garth]

And I'm proudly going to be that guy: ;)

A: Around when Community Warfare comes out we have plans to add things like clan tags, yes. [Garth]

What tags?! I couldn't hear you over the comms chatter from my unit!

B)

#36 Tearsus

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationGermany, Thuringia

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for answering, Garth.
It's great, that you guys keep in touch with the players in this way.

#37 Gorrn

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

I want to apologize for my bad English in advance and I hope this is the correct place for new questions.

I read most Mechwarrior Books several times and also played Mechwarrior Tabletop Game and former Mechwarrior PC Games. I have one big question in my mind concerning the time before the clans arrive and the timeline we are playing now.

Before the clans invade there was no Pulse Laser, no ER-Laser, no Gauss Rifle, no ER-PPC, no LBX-Cannon, no Ultra-Cannon, no Artemis System, no AMS and so on … I think you got my point. The Forces of the Inner Sphere had great casualties and lost many planet systems because they are totally undergunned and old fashioned. The Inner Sphere had to invent and adapt many new weapon systems and tactics to stop the clans. Only the death of the Il-Khan once stopped the clans and get the Inner Sphere a small time to recover.

Is it planned to remove all the Clan Stuff (ER-PPC, Pulse Lasers and so on) and to start with the Inner Sphere Weapons until the timeline arrives and the clans will invade?

If we are already playing with all these Clan Stuff (ER-PPC, Pulse Lasers and so on) what will be the advantage of the clans if they arrive? Will it be only cosmetic changes like, Clan ER-PPC hits with 15 damage vs. Inner Sphere ER-PPC hits with 13 damage?

#38 4er3BaPa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationSerov, Russia

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

in other f2p projects on CryEngine3 i don't see black-screen/graph-overflow bugs
may be Piranha use "irregular..." CryEngine3 core?

#39 GrabbleRus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

It's "wait for 20th" mostly

#40 Wooj

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationSparta, IL

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Before the clans invade there was no Pulse Laser, no ER-Laser, no Gauss Rifle, no ER-PPC, no LBX-Cannon, no Ultra-Cannon, no Artemis System, no AMS and so on … I think you got my point.

Nope. Check the dates in the main books or on sarna.net.

Clan Invasion - 3049

ER Large Laser invention - 3037
ER PPC - 3037
Double HS = 3022
Streak SRM 2 - 3035
ect.

The Innersphere was on its way to recovery (Well until the 5th Succession war which was likely inevitable) when the clans invaded. Technology as a whole was on a rise in the core worlds.

The new tech was already there, and if you think about it, this only makes sense, when the clans invaded it was a fight for survival. All available resources were put towards the new war-front, not into R&D. And it took many many years to start adapting and reverse engineering clan tech so that it was usable by the Inner Sphere, and even longer until they could start reproducing it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users