Please Fix The Ssrm2 Bug Asap.

No replies to this topic

#1 Larkis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Hello Devs,

actuall there is a huge problem with SSRM2 which destroy every Light-Gameplay.

I'm a Jenner pilot. I pilot it since i get in the founder closed beta. a play it a long long time and i love it. But actuall there is a huge problem which destory every Light-Gameplay.

Let me explain the problems.

1. Aiming
In MWO there are 2 Crosshairs, one for arms and one for the torso. You could put Weapons in both but firing there together needs a little bit skill. if you are a light you mostly must only care about the arm weapons, cause the torso is to slow to turn. But the SSRM2 use the same Arm crosshair. I played a most time against SSRM2 boats and i still played sometimes as a SSRM2 Commando. its still true. I made some pictures to explain:

http://www.apload.de...19490bpr2pl.png

This is a typical situation in a cycle of Death of 2 Light mechs. In most of this cylces you only can use the arm weapons cause of the limits of the torso movement you cant turn it around fast enough. You see on the picture, the arm crosshair is on the side, maybe 90° whly the torso is still looking forward. But you only need the arm Crosshair to still lockon the Torso weapons.

With every other weapon i must snycron the two croshairs to fire all weapons. But not with SSRM2. Thats the first unbalanced problem.

2. Missile Movement
The second problem is the Misile Movement. Missiles are a weapon based on hard ammunition. There are Launchers in the Arms and Torso which are firing the rockets. The launches are fixed and cannot move. Lets loock back to the situation in the cycle of death.

http://www.apload.de...19491bxntgh.png

Again we see the commando. The position of the enemy mech is marked with the blue cycle. You also can see the fixed rocketlaunchers. The pink lines show the points where the weapons target. The arm launcher easily can hit me, no problem with this. Lock on the Torso weapon. This launcher is aiming a lot away from me. And Rockets are weapons with a Main thruster and smal control-plaetes on there back side. Yes they are able to turn, but cause of the speed of the trhsuter and the small plates, they only can turn in a curve. But actually, (you see it on the graphics as a red line, the rockets will leave the launcher turn in 90° angle at this positions and then fire the maintrust and hit. So the rockets make a move which is really impossible to do.
In reality a misxile starts, must fly a few seconds to build up speed and only then the missle can change direction. But in MWo the missile starts, change direction and than fire the main trhuster. I know MWo is not Reality but i never read that there are magic missiles wich ignore every law of physic.

3. Missile Movement and Modules

With 1 and 2 it's very hard to avoid the SSRM2 from another light. But sometimes i get the chance to move out of the range of the armcrosshair. And for this, we got 2 Modules:

First:
360 Target. - You are able to tracking Enemys behind you.

Second:
Target Decay - Still Lock on a Target which is out of your range for a few seconds.

So with both modules you are able to target the enemy light even if he is out of target range and behind you.

And know this happens:
http://www.apload.de...19492bwj5zl.png

The armlauncher do the magic thing i explained in missile movement. But the torso launcher is really a great hudini. First the rocket makes a turnaround. And then they fly Trough the Torso to hit the enemy behind the light.

And what that means for the fight?

Lets say im a Jenner. I have 3 Medium Pulse Laser and i full with Double heatsinks. I make with an Alpha 18 Damage. The Raven-L for Example make 15 Damage with the SSRM2. The SSRM2 reloads faster than the MPL. So i must hit with every target the center Torso of the Raven with an alpha only to have a little chance against the raven. In this time the raven must only lock on the enemy one time, hold them in lock and hold the finger brainafk on the weaponbutton. After a few alphas the jenner lost the damagerace cause of overheating. The Raven never overheat with the SSRm2. The Jenner does. But ther Raven not only have SSRM2. They also have Lasers ect. So there is no way to win against a Raven-L. They have the armor like a jenner, they have the same Speed but have much more weapons and not so much problems to fight with it. You need no skill and no heat managment to get the kills.

So actuall as a Light you MUST use SSRM2 to have a chance. Without SSRM2 you are a freekill for every other light. And here is anopther problem, SSRM2 Commando/Raven with ECM. Very nice, the only weapon which is a danger for the SSRm2-Ligh can be countered easily only install a ECM.

So there are only 2 Light mechs actual which are usable. Raven-L and Commander 2D. Every other Light is a freekill for this mechs. And i see the problem only on the SSRm2 and the buggy movement. So please fix this. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users