Er Ppc Vs Ppc Vs Er Ll

2 replies to this topic

Poll: Er Ppc Vs Ppc Vs Er Ll (15 member(s) have cast votes)

which one is better?

1. ER PPC (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. PPC (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

3. ER Large Lazer (7 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lincoln Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

I have been seeing a lot of people running PPC's. I go with the ER LL because it has no minimum range and less heat of the ER PPC and has better range then the ppc. Plus has 2 tons in weight savings and saves one slot. So is the ER LL the clear winner?

#2 Zerbob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

I prefer the ER PPC over the PPC or ER LL. Reasoning is that the lack of min range is a big bonus over the PPC as it removes the threat of light harassment. A PPC Awesome with few back up weapons is just one juicy target for a light 'Mech. ER PPCs makes that a very different scenario.

As for the ER Large Laser, at a cost of 2 more tons and extra heat, I don't find that it is worth the increased range. I would much rather have a standard Large Laser and the extra heat sink(s).

For energy based long range builds, I find the ER PPC/PPC is better because you do focus the damage onto a single, or at least small region on the target.

#3 Lincoln Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

View PostZerbob, on 05 November 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

I prefer the ER PPC over the PPC or ER LL. Reasoning is that the lack of min range is a big bonus over the PPC as it removes the threat of light harassment. A PPC Awesome with few back up weapons is just one juicy target for a light 'Mech. ER PPCs makes that a very different scenario.

As for the ER Large Laser, at a cost of 2 more tons and extra heat, I don't find that it is worth the increased range. I would much rather have a standard Large Laser and the extra heat sink(s).

For energy based long range builds, I find the ER PPC/PPC is better because you do focus the damage onto a single, or at least small region on the target.

ER LL are 5 tons where ER and PPCs are 7 tons

Edited by T o o m b s, 05 November 2012 - 12:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users