How Do You Buy More Armor?

3 replies to this topic

#1 ArcDemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

I have unused tonnage on my mech, a bunch of credits, and the body parts I want to improve don't have their armor maxed out. However once I've used up my 'available' armor (which I thought was the armor in my inventory) I can't add any more.

On the right side I see the Standard and Ferro armor 'parts' which are both green, but I can't figure out how I spend credits to 'buy' more of them. I can't figure out how to drag it over like other components and I don't see a buy button.

Am I missing something obvious or is there no way to buy additional armor to fill up your mech to its maximum?

Posted Image

#2 Fudowara Hakeido

• Pip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

It is at max. Your rear torso armor and front toso armor are combined. So even though it says that there is a "Max. Armor" the only way to get it is if you remove armor from the rear and put it on the front(or vice versa)

#3 Greyrook

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

The "max armor" for the torsos is divided between the front and back, so you actually are at your maximum armor; this is a common source of confusion. Just FYI, even if you weren't at max armor, you do not need to actually purchase armor, just bump up the values with the arrows as you have been doing.

#4 ArcDemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Thanks, it makes a lot more sense now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users