Gauss Cat Help

4 replies to this topic

#1 JewBoy

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

So i'm trying to build a guass cat but I dont think I have enough ammo. I have 3 tons in my single gauss hunchback and I can run out of it pretty quick, and no MLs in this makes me somewhat worried. Before I commit to a build and buy my XL engine, what suggestions could you guys give me on the current build? Not that there are a lot of options for a gauss cat, but am I doing this wrong? Thanks

10 tons ammo
ES structure
XL Engine 255
removed all armor from arms, downgraded legs to 33 each, increased torso armor to max

I dont run AMS on any of my builds because it doesnt seem to do enough to justify the weight.

Edited by JewBoy, 08 November 2012 - 12:06 AM.

#2 Trinton

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Locationsocal

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

I think you may find that stripping that much armor makes you a bit too soft. Especially with an XL engine, once your huge arms blow off, your left and right torsos will be exposed and easy to hit.

If I were you I'd trade some of the ammo for more armor. 6-7 tons was usually enough for me. You just have to make your shots count.

#3 Cab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

Reduce Ammo to 8 tons, install 2 M-Lasers instead.

#4 Dan Grommel

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

My Gauss-Kitty has only 5 tons of ammo and it usually is just barely enough. Just try to avoid close range fights and aim carefully (zoom module ftw).

I run XL260, Endo, 2x Gauss, 4xSmall laser, armor in arms halfed roughly and no extra heat sinks. If you want more ammo or bigger lasers that actually not overheat all the time you probably need to downgrade to XL245 as it is the most "weight" efficient one that can still get you to decent speed. Double Heatsink upgrade also helps but adds to the already hefty price-tag.

#5 dbnator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 748 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany/Heinsberg

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

Mhh my english is bad so i write u only my setup:
(i play in Clan)

Right Arm - med. laser
Left Arm - Med laser
Right Torso- Gauss.Tag
Left torso - Gauss
Center torso - XL engine 220 (but u can use XL225 have same weight i bought the false one ^^)
Have in all parts a minum armor from 25 Point (back 15-20)
7-8 Tons of armor in all
Updates: better structur
U need not much heatsinks but when u get into a fight with ure MEdium lasers use Alpha strikes and look at ure heat.
I have 80 Gauss Ammo.
I run 64 KM/h i think but i edit this Post when im at home.

Greeding Dbnator

Edited by dbnator, 08 November 2012 - 04:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users