Cats And K-2

17 replies to this topic

#1 Guard Bot

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

These mechs are dominating my games why do you love them so?

I really like ballistics and thinking about grinding for the k2 what do you think of it if you have it?

#2 vtshadow

Rookie

• Cadet
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Simply stated, a Gauspult is DEVESTATING. The damage thay can put out is extreme.

#3 Hexcaliber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

I have a k2, I was playing it as a gausscat in closed beta, before gauss were buffed and the gausscat became popular. However, I refuse to play fotm builds, always have; so it will sit unused until ppc become more viable, that or give in and turn it into an ac boat.

#4 manicx782

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

The BEST part about the K2 is that he has 1 on each torso, instead of 2 on one. This allows you to divvy up the Criticals for some serious firepower. Hell, you could even put 2 AC/20s on them (provided you downgrade your engine, and/or add some Ferro/Endo to it)!

Edited by manicx782, 06 November 2012 - 05:34 PM.

#5 ArcadiaNisus

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

I have a gausscat, personally I find the best part to be not using the arms at all. It's like having double the armor from the sides and losing your arms means nothing since your gauss isn't even on them.

K2 all the way for a sniper.
I really want to try the Dragon DRG-5N varient however. With 3 ballistic slots I am curious if there is a way to slot 3 gauss rifles. That would be 45 damage per volly. Enough to core out just about anyone from behind or the sides instantly and light/medium couldn't even take a single hit, even center. But that's only if it can fit.

#6 Mithos

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

View PostArcadiaNisus, on 07 November 2012 - 04:53 AM, said:

With 3 ballistic slots I am curious if there is a way to slot 3 gauss rifles.

Nope, all its ballistic slots are in one arm.

#7 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

Gauss causes no heat, so you output your 30 damage over and over and over agian, and you have the room for 4 small lasers, nice for some extra damage in a brawl.

very cheesy but very effective.

#8 Infavol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

View PostArcadiaNisus, on 07 November 2012 - 04:53 AM, said:

I have a gausscat, personally I find the best part to be not using the arms at all. It's like having double the armor from the sides and losing your arms means nothing since your gauss isn't even on them.

K2 all the way for a sniper.
I really want to try the Dragon DRG-5N varient however. With 3 ballistic slots I am curious if there is a way to slot 3 gauss rifles. That would be 45 damage per volly. Enough to core out just about anyone from behind or the sides instantly and light/medium couldn't even take a single hit, even center. But that's only if it can fit.

Get OUT GAUSSCATTERS nobody likes you people -_-I'm glad that they finally put in artemis,now we can somewhat battle gausscats,at half the range gauss rifles can hit,and you proved my point, nubs use gausscats,cuz dragon has their ballistic slots on 1 arm-_-

#9 SiR DreW

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

I joined about 70% of the way through the closed beta. I have been gaming for a long time, and I think I will add my 2cents right here.

The k2, guass cats, and other op builds.

/ramble

I have yet to buy any MC, and have had to grind up to the k2 twice now(after the reset).

I had 2 gauss rifles on my k2 for a while, but its really not that fun. Start getting circled by a light mech... oh yay. I'm not intrested to limiting my role on the battle field. Standing back while my teammates do the dirtywork.

I aim to build a balanced mech the can melt the annoying lights, and operate in a high heat enviroment like caustic.

I do think there is still many weapon balance issues, mainly the stacking of gauss and srms at the moment. As more weapond and mechs/variants are added more balancing will be required.

Makes me wonder if buffing lasers and pulse will help balance. make the flamer/machine gun effective?

6xsrm cata builds... really. its just not fun to face. at least vs the dual gauss his aim is limited.

But what is fun is being stuck 1v1 vs the pure srm catas and just shutting down so they cant target you at all(then crying for support).

As for lrm's I wont grip about my thoughts on them here. Not nearly as poopy as srm stacking.
It would be intresting if I could shoot down incoming LRM's/SRM's with a machinegun.
---
my k2 build / aim

1 gauss*- 4tons ammo minium
2 medium lasers
2 large lasers
1 machine gun
1 ams -1ton
case
a few heat sinks.
xl engine.

it can be done! Utilize all your hard points dammit! be versitle, or ima start going 90kph in a k2 and run up to your damn lrm boats! RWAR

its fun to play, versitle, and can melt lights. Use heat vision to pick at lrm boats with gauss* so they back the **** up. Melt incoming lights with large/med lasers, and if they stop or you get a shot, put a gauss round into them.

Passive / Active radar?

/end pseudo rant

/start flame

#10 ArcadiaNisus

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

View PostInfavol, on 07 November 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

and you proved my point, nubs use gausscats,cuz dragon has their ballistic slots on 1 arm-_-

A major part of the future of MWO will be competitive gameplay. Skilled accurate snipers doing cockpit shots with gauss is going to be a keystone to the competitive scene of this game.
If you cannot handle gauss snipers now, then perhaps this game is not for you. Players like myself are only going to become more familiar with controls, more accurate, and better at compensating for camera shaking, ect... It is only going to be worse from here on.

Artemis means nothing to players like myself who are accurate enough to hit the light spotters moving at 100kph.
I'll be the first to admit that I am a total nub when it comes to the lore of the MW universe. But being a nub when it comes to some lore or a hardpoint layout in a mech I don't even play in no way effects my decision making and accuracy. I would cockpit you just like any other lrm boat.

If calling me a nub makes you feel better, go ahead. But if you see me in a match, you had better stay out of line of sight.

#11 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

I run a K2, but not with gauss rifles. Unfortunately, in every game where there is a clearly powerful build, people will always hop on the bandwagon.

#12 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 07 November 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

I run a K2, but not with gauss rifles. Unfortunately, in every game where there is a clearly powerful build, people will always hop on the bandwagon.

well said

I have my K2 equipped with Dual AC/10 and 4 Small pulse lazers. Powerfull, but not to powerfull. I can do great things in direct fire support, but once i am alone, i am toast like i SHOULD BE

Say no to gausscats!

#13 Mithos

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

Well, if you enjoy gausspult - play it, if you don't - thats fine too, dont push your values on others.

#14 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Since the patch and the hitbox's getting better Iam running a k2 max armor and 2x LBX10's with 90 rounds of ammo with a xl295 engine.
I ran into 2 guasscats today and I just destroyed them easy, got close and just aimed center torso and blew them apart ;)

#15 Infavol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostArcadiaNisus, on 07 November 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

A major part of the future of MWO will be competitive gameplay. Skilled accurate snipers doing cockpit shots with gauss is going to be a keystone to the competitive scene of this game.
If you cannot handle gauss snipers now, then perhaps this game is not for you. Players like myself are only going to become more familiar with controls, more accurate, and better at compensating for camera shaking, ect... It is only going to be worse from here on.

Artemis means nothing to players like myself who are accurate enough to hit the light spotters moving at 100kph.
I'll be the first to admit that I am a total nub when it comes to the lore of the MW universe. But being a nub when it comes to some lore or a hardpoint layout in a mech I don't even play in no way effects my decision making and accuracy. I would cockpit you just like any other lrm boat.

If calling me a nub makes you feel better, go ahead. But if you see me in a match, you had better stay out of line of sight.

erm, "skilled"? since when does dual gauss on a K2=skill? just to prove my point, my quad ppc atlas headshotted 1 awesome and 2 cats in 1 match =_= cockpit shots aren't all that tough, and Boymonkey, YES , i ran that same build in CB

#16 Aetam

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

I have a K2 with 2 AC5 and 4 med lasers. It's fun.

#17 SilentSooYun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 426 posts
  • LocationTikonov

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

I play a Founders Cat almost exclusively for several reasons:
1) It looks cool. I loves me some chicken legs.
2) Jump Jets!!
3) It's layout is symmetrical, easy to operate, and somewhat flexible in choice of roles.
4) it's currently the heaviest Heavy Mech we have. It toes a nice line between speed and stompiness.
5) Founders bonuses are nice.

#18 Greyrook

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

Bah, these jokers who are all "the arms are useless on a K2" don't know what they talkin' 'bout. The arms actually firing from above the mech is fairly unique and something that can work to your advantage once you know how to use it. I also don't think you have to use a gaussapult to make the K2 work, although until they give the (hopefully) inevitable buff to the DHS values, I've backed off from PPCs for now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users