9 replies to this topic

#1 Kortekickass

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

I bought a Jenner-K last night and I noticed that one of the upgrades is an Artemis system. What is it? How does it work? Is it even implemented yet?

Thanks

#2 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:52 AM

It makes LRM's overpowered by ignoring cover.

Also reduces the spread of SRM's so you can use them on locked slow mechs that are ~250m away.

#3 Grayzzur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 101 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

View PostFlapdrol, on 07 November 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

It makes LRM's overpowered by ignoring cover

Actually, non-Artemis LRM's are doing this right now too. Not so much ignoring cover as having a 90-degree drop angle. I think you're still good hiding under the bridge in River City.

Artemis guided missiles are supposed to group tighter, concentrate more on one spot and spread damage less than non-Artemis guided missiles.

#4 Kortekickass

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

Once equipped. do I have to target it? or is it just one of my abilities

#5 Spectre999

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

It automatically fits all your LRMS with Artemis system after puchase. You'll notice a 1-ton weight increase on each of your launchers, and an increased cost of ammo. Otherwise, just get a lock on and blast away like you would with a regular LRM.

#6 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

View PostGrayzzur, on 07 November 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

Actually, non-Artemis LRM's are doing this right now too. Not so much ignoring cover as having a 90-degree drop angle. I think you're still good hiding under the bridge in River City.

Artemis guided missiles are supposed to group tighter, concentrate more on one spot and spread damage less than non-Artemis guided missiles.

k, thanks for clearing that up.

#7 Mu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

So it doesn't increase the crit space requirements of individual launchers, right? Does the ammo weigh more? Just want specifics because my AWS-9M has 2 missile hardpoints and only 2 free criticals in the torso.

Most importantly, does it make SRMs function like they did before they were nerfed to have wacky flight paths a couple months ago? Before they felt like a 'shotgun' and were absolutely my favorite weapon. If I can have this again even at greater cost/tonnage I would love to.

#8 KosherHamSammich

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAwaiting a Jump Ship to Sheridan

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostMu, on 07 November 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

So it doesn't increase the crit space requirements of individual launchers, right? Does the ammo weigh more? Just want specifics because my AWS-9M has 2 missile hardpoints and only 2 free criticals in the torso.

Most importantly, does it make SRMs function like they did before they were nerfed to have wacky flight paths a couple months ago? Before they felt like a 'shotgun' and were absolutely my favorite weapon. If I can have this again even at greater cost/tonnage I would love to.

Artemis doesn't increase the crit spaces that a missile launcher takes, simply adds a ton of weight to the launcher.

As for SRM's, that's still open to debate. It appears that the grouping of the missiles is tighter and that they converge twice during their flight: Once at ~135m and then at 270m.

#9 El Death Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

View PostAziz Ozriel, on 07 November 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

Artemis doesn't increase the crit spaces that a missile launcher takes, simply adds a ton of weight to the launcher.

As for SRM's, that's still open to debate. It appears that the grouping of the missiles is tighter and that they converge twice during their flight: Once at ~135m and then at 270m.

wow buddy, if your going to disagree with people at least have grounds for your stance.
artimis in fact increses each launcher by 1 crit space and adds 1 ton to each launcher. it also requires special ammo that costs more. All for increased tracking and a tighter spred.
SRMs only gain tighter spread at 100ish + range. (so better accuracy one could say, some say like it was before.)
SSRMs (streaks) apearently are mistakenly being grouped in with the SRMS and should not be needing/using artimis. do not equip arteims on your mech if using SSRM2 launchers.

Edited by El Death Smurf, 07 November 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#10 KosherHamSammich

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAwaiting a Jump Ship to Sheridan

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostEl Death Smurf, on 07 November 2012 - 09:23 AM, said:

wow buddy, if your going to disagree with people at least have grounds for your stance.
artimis in fact increses each launcher by 1 crit space and adds 1 ton to each launcher. it also requires special ammo that costs more all for increased tracking and a tighter spred. SRMs gain tighter spread at 100ish + range. (so better accuracy one could say)
SSRMs (straks) apearently are mistakenly being grouped in with the SRMS and should not be needing/using artimis.

My bad. It does take up an extra crit slot.

However, I didn't say anything about Ammo. Once you select an artemis based missile launcher, the specific ammo is then selected for you. You cannot mix and match ammo for non artemis and artemis systems, much like Ultra and non Ultra A/C ammo.

The artemis SRM pattern is tighter than a non artemis SRM flight, however they still are unguided and do not have the concentration pattern of a SRM2 Streak.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users