Anyone here play MPBT on GEnie from the early 90's?

43 replies to this topic

#21 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

Or how about this one...

Posted Image

#22 PinTBC

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationI'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

Started in Steiner and managed to royally **** off both Davion and The TBC at the same time, so I spent one Saturday morning defending Steiner against a simultaneous attack by both the TBC and Davion's Merc group (The Knights maybe). I knew I couldn't stop the Clans so I went after Davion. I managed to stall the Davion attack on one planet due to sheer luck, ignorance and a bad attitude as I saw a series of my House leaders log in see what was going on and then leave.

It was kind of funny because the TBC came in from Kurita and took their planets, then Tharkad, then started down the chain to meet Davion. Just before I left the planet I got Comstars from guy named Berzerker (from TBC) and Ghostrider (Davion) asking how I managed to hold the planet and convincing me that I would never be hung out to dry like I was there if I joined them.

I ended up joining Davion, made Knight and Gunslinger and then rose to a PDZ commander where I got fired for attacking Liao on a slow afternoon with three of the company commanders under me. We took the capital in a couple hours and really screwed up some super secret agreement that someone had worked hard to set up.

After getting fired, I joined TBC and never looked back. Great bunch of guys. Really looking forward to this coming off.

#23 Thalar

Rookie

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

View PostDarklord, on 04 November 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

Anyone seen any Bloodly Clan on here at all?
Remember seeing them a couple years back at Gencon when we ran the pods there.
Now that was a fun weekend.

DL

Narc is GOOOOD!! Light mechs on Gatorbait. Hey DL, its NANOOK in the flying Cougar.

#24 Thalar

Rookie

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

Did anyone here play the Battletech 3025 when it was offered as beta?

#25 Darklord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 235 posts
  • LocationChicago Battletech Center

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

View Postthalar, on 07 November 2011 - 06:59 PM, said:

Narc is GOOOOD!! Light mechs on Gatorbait. Hey DL, its NANOOK in the flying Cougar.

Hey hey good to see you here

DL

#26 Darklord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 235 posts
  • LocationChicago Battletech Center

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

View Postgargoylekdr, on 07 November 2011 - 04:55 PM, said:

Or how about this one...

Posted Image

Now that brings back some memories

DL

#27 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:49 AM

View Postpedro the space cowboy, on 07 November 2011 - 04:29 PM, said:

I joined up with the ComGuards on MPBT Solaris. I remember playing lots rounds with Bunny Hunter, Hairball, Blacknight, Warlock and others. Although, it's been enough years since then that my memories are pretty fuzzy =).

I think I played over on MPBT for a heartbeat as your name is pretty familiar Pedro. I like you have fuzzy memories of those days. <BG>

Man I have not heard those names in forever. I sometimes see Blacknight (Mordel) over on Battlecorps. The rest of the CG I have totally lost touch with.

#28 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:57 AM

View Postgargoylekdr, on 07 November 2011 - 04:55 PM, said:

Or how about this one...

Posted Image

Man where did you get those screen shots from. i was looking like crazy on the internet yesterday for some of those. Your oven private stash?

#29 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:22 AM

View PostAdamBaines, on 08 November 2011 - 06:57 AM, said:

Man where did you get those screen shots from. i was looking like crazy on the internet yesterday for some of those. Your oven private stash?

The screen shots are from my personal files. I took them, and have kept them all these years.

- Garg.

#30 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:24 AM

View Postgargoylekdr, on 08 November 2011 - 07:22 AM, said:

The screen shots are from my personal files. I took them, and have kept them all these years.

- Garg.

Niiiiiiice!

#31 Nehrul

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLooking for a new command

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

I really miss that game... I do not miss those CC bills!

Good to see more "Old-Timers" showing up!

#32 Tank252ca

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

I joined House Steiner in 1995. Silk was my theater CO with the Skye Rangers and Schwartz was HL.

#33 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

View PostTank252ca, on 10 November 2011 - 01:03 PM, said:

I joined House Steiner in 1995. Silk was my theater CO with the Skye Rangers and Schwartz was HL.

I remember both well as House Marik worked with the Steiners often then in my Merc days with the ComGuards.

#34 Ghostjwm

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

Lol man this is a blast from the past. I remember alot of you guys this is Ghostrider founder of the Gunslingers and Knights of Davion and am really looking forward to playing this new game. For those of you who remember General Wolf who was one of my great friends we actually met through Genie MPBT well he has passed on due to colon cancer last year at age of 50. It was a sad day for for all of us but I will always remember him due to Mechwarrior and up until the day he passed on we still discussed Mechwarrior. I still have the Knights of Davion Baseball cap that he ordered for our people. Anyway I look forward to playing with some of you again and know that he will be there with us in spirit.

#35 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

Yep. Played around 94-95. I remember TBC ,and MT.
The only names I remember are ICE and Von Reichman from TBC. Kodiak in Davion . Soulscream hung out in Solaris and Handlebar who had a sig that said " I wear the mustache" . Sure enough . Met him at Gencon in 94 and he had a big old handlebar mustache .

#36 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

View Postthalar, on 07 November 2011 - 07:00 PM, said:

Did anyone here play the Battletech 3025 when it was offered as beta?

Yup it was Awesome. But then Microsoft pulled out of the Partnership with EA and started developing MechWarrior 4 (which I also Beta'd along with MW3 and Pirates Moon). Remember playing The NetMech Demo via null modem where you had to dial the number to who ever you were going to play with on 2 maps with 3 mechs to choose from but only 2 wouldnt crash the game? Ohh the long-distance phone bills from that

#37 Spartan Fecal Slinger

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

All this thread succeeded in doing, was make me feel old for rocking the 386SX @16Mhz back in MW times.

#38 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:53 AM

View PostGhostjwm, on 16 November 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

Lol man this is a blast from the past. I remember alot of you guys this is Ghostrider founder of the Gunslingers and Knights of Davion and am really looking forward to playing this new game. For those of you who remember General Wolf who was one of my great friends we actually met through Genie MPBT well he has passed on due to colon cancer last year at age of 50. It was a sad day for for all of us but I will always remember him due to Mechwarrior and up until the day he passed on we still discussed Mechwarrior. I still have the Knights of Davion Baseball cap that he ordered for our people. Anyway I look forward to playing with some of you again and know that he will be there with us in spirit.

Good to see you around, GR. FYI, there's a Ghost Mech Cafe thread in the Fan section of the site. Some old posts from '91 are there.

- Garg.

#39 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

View PostSpartan Fecal Slinger, on 17 November 2011 - 10:06 PM, said:

All this thread succeeded in doing, was make me feel old for rocking the 386SX @16Mhz back in MW times.

LOL My bad Sparty. I remember playing on my no name brand PC clone we bought at Sam's Club back in the day.

#40 Fear Radick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

I was there! Does that make me old?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users