63 replies to this topic

#61 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

View PostDr Killinger, on 12 November 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

Hey guys

I'm considering trying out some SRM6s with Artemis attached, does the spread tighten significantly enough to warrant the extra weight?

On something like a -4SP where the missles are in seperate torso sections, definitely. Have not tried it on mechs where all the missles would come from one section, might not be as much of a benefit, or might be even an even tighter grouping.

#62 p00k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

after spending 1.2mil cbills to do some testing, here's what i've noticed.

at >200m, artemis makes little difference. this is in part due to the tendency of regular SRM's to scatter, converge back, then scatter again. they tend to converge back somewhere in the 150-200m ballpark then scatter again.

at <100m, artemis makes little difference. the regular SRM's stay tight enough at this close a range to not really benefit much from artemis. as you get closer to 100m you start seeing some difference though

between 100 to 200m seems to be the main area of benefit for artemis. the SRMs seem to stay tighter, not oscillate as much as regular SRMs, allowing you to group your damage a bit more tightly

to this end, for SRM's, i can see them being useful for some builds and not for others. for brawler assaults for example, i feel you're better off without. you'll be closing in to dish out your punch, so you can fire a volley at the ~200m zone where they are reconverging, then your next volley will be close in

on the other hand, skirmishing lights/mediums stand to benefit quite nicely from artemis srm's, able to dish out a more consistent grouping over a wider range then zip back out to cover.

testing done with group fired dual SRM4's at 50, 100, 200, and 250m, give or take a few

#63 Mr 144

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostVermaxx, on 12 November 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

Prior to the massive kneejerk LRM nerf, Artemis SRM obtained a minor tracking. Nothing as good as SSRM, but they would steer a bit and I generally hit with more missiles even out closer to the 270 mark. If your reticle was on the target's HUD box, you generally hit very well.

They seem to have lost that now. My friend claims the SRM6 has a tighter spread than it used to, but I don't really think the system is worth its expense anymore.

That being said, it is also not worth it to me to spend 500k to strip it out.

Agreed with the underlined part. I have not been able to duplicate the tracking behavior since the LRM hotfix. I do think the hotfix 'boned' Artemis SRM with a looser spread also. A shame, because I thought they had really hit a sweet spot. Artemis still fits perfectly into my 4SP build however in both tonnage and crits, so I'm keeping it, although I'm no where near as impressed as initially. I'm convinced it was nerfed in the hotfix.

Mr 144

#64 RazrWolf

• Pip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

I've been messing with SRM6 on my Founders C-1 and the spread is HUGE, even with Artemis. Mind you the Artemis is a hold over from LRMs, but its not worth it to get rid of it. Even at 100m a good portion of missiles will downright miss an Assault Mech, between that and the firing delay I get they are pretty much worthless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users