2 replies to this topic

#1 Jonas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHot Springs Ar.

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

First I want to thank those who have left me a few tips, links and info. With that said I have know idea what to do.

I have a thrustmaster dual stick, I know where to get the values from and action maps I do believe ALLGAMER listed them all. But I have no idea where or how to input them. So if anyone has time to list me a step by step ( I do mean step by step ) on how to find the CFG files how to open them how to put in the values and get them to stick and where and how to import the action maps I would be great full. because what I have done leaves my mech walking around in a circle and the throttle doing nothing. So you can call me a noob or what ever slang for not knowing how to do this stuff but please help I am a awful keyboard mouse player not saying im a real good with a joystick but I am better with it.

thanks in advance for anyone (s) that can show me how or walk me through it.

#2 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Second attempt... http://mwomercs.com/...45#entry1367645, you might be asking for trouble, so If you screw up your game folders you're on your own, however...

You need to get to he game directory, which is a file located on your computer. You will find this by following these steps:

On your computer, click the Start Menu
In the searchbar at the bottom, type in C:
A menu should come up, and one of the folder options on it will be Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online, click to open
Within it are two folders you are interested in, one is called user, the other called USER

(.cfg folder)
Rightclick user, and select Edit from the options presented, which will open it in notepad.
This is your .cfg file folder, so paste the lines of code meant for .cfg here
when you close the updated folder, you will be prompted asking you if you want to save the changes to the folder, which you will click Save.

(actionmaps:)
Doubleclick USER, which will pull up two more folders
Doubleclick Profiles, which will bring up two more folders
Doubleclick Jonas, which will bring up a list of documents, one of which is named actionmaps
Rightclick actionmaps, and select Edit from the options presented, which will open it in notepad.
Paste the lines of code meant for actionmaps here, and when you close the updated folder you will be prompted asking you if you want to save changes to, which you will click Save.

#3 cyberFluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

Just to clarify, you have attempted to just rebind the controls in the options screen right? They're improved the code significantly and I'm having no issues binding my rudder pedals for turning, throttle for speed/direction and all keyboard binds and my mouse for torso control and weapon firing.

What issues are you having binding your joystick axes exactly?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users