Kell Hounds

66 replies to this topic

#41 klic

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

KH got a vent or something up anywhere ?

#42 ParchedAz

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

View Postklic, on 03 August 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

KH got a vent or something up anywhere ?

Hey Hammer,

Sure, messaged you some details.

#43 StarfyrGuns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBullhead City, Arizona

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostSkyHawk Kell, on 17 July 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

Now this is the thread I was looking for ... and man does it stir up some old memories.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Time to find CptMoreGuns ;)

~sky

Ooooooooomg SKY! Remember me? You recruited me into KH when I was about 2 weeks into MW4... we played a pub match together in the Zone..I have to say THANK YOU! Was the best thing I ever did!!!!!!!!

#44 SkyHawk Kell

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hiya Starfyr, of course I remember you ... it's only been ten years or so, right?

"Crazy Nostalgia" as Parched calls it :P

~sky

#45 ParchedAz

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hey all,

I just read this awesome article. This was really bugging me, so...

Issue - Push To Talk key's are blocked by MWO (vent in particular)

Solution...

Run Vent as Administrator. There's even a check-box you can use so that it becomes permanent for that shortcut -- right-click on the shortcut, choose Properties. Click the Compatibility tab and the check-box for running as Administrator should be near the bottom. Make sure it's checked, then click Apply and OK. This assumes you have Win7, but other OSes should be similar.

#46 ParchedAz

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

Caught up with Silent, Paid and Stinger today. Good times.

Drow and I are looking to organise a bit of a KH catch up. Working through times, so we'll get back to you on that. Hopefully a few people can make it.

#47 Drow

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 62 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

View PostParchedAz, on 04 August 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

Drow and I are looking to organise a bit of a KH catch up. Working through times, so we'll get back to you on that. Hopefully a few people can make it.

It could be a lot of fun getting together on a set time on Vent and for some MWO fun! How about a facebook group? I would be an easy way to maintain "events" and discussions in a more private matter than here.

I've only got Parched (Ashleigh) and Rude (Ricky) on facebook at the moment, but it would be dead easy to set up a group. Does anyone loathe facebook to the extent that they feel it's a bad idea, or should be go ahead with it?

Thoughts?

#48 StingerPryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

Sure. Go ahead and add me. https://www.facebook.com/woody60707 I do the same thing for SC2

Edited by StingerPryde, 06 August 2012 - 03:44 AM.

#49 ParchedAz

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

KH online reunion.

Given that we are all starting to show an interest in mechwarrior again, let's catch up. I know a few people are normally on at this time anyway. If you can't make it, we'll do another one. Proposed first catch up:

Friday 10th August. Starting at 10pm UTC. That's 12:00 mightnight for Drow, 7:30 am for me, and 5pm for Rude.

To make things easier please pass through your facebook contact to Drow, myself or Rude, and we'll add you to the facebook group.

I'm planning on being around for a few hours - read 3-4.

Hope to see you then.

#50 ParchedAz

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

Planning the next catch up for Friday 24th August (Saturday 25th August for those of us + UTC).

Start time 2:30 am UTC (Saturday 25th August).

4:30 am Saturday 25th August for Drow (I'm imagining Drow may be joining us more around 3:30 am UTC to give himself an extra bit of sleep)
9:30 pm Friday 24th August for Rude, Stinger, Silent and you other EST types.
Midday Saturday 25th August for me.

Hopefully this will help for a better turn out. From the chats I've had this time should suit you amercians better (lol). I've got a family free day, so I'll be on all day and all night, woo!

If this time isn't quite awesome, let me know what changes are needed. 24th is a couple of weeks away, hopefully more people can make it this time!

Cheers guys, been great catching up with a bunch of you. Hopefully those I haven't had a chance to say hey to will be around over the next couple of weeks.

<<

Edited by ParchedAz, 12 August 2012 - 01:05 AM.

#51 CptMoreguns

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Hail all what do you guys think of the game so far? feel free to go into glorius detail CptMoreguns

#52 kh blank

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

<<SALUTES>>

#53 SkyHawk Kell

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

Hails Gents. Open invitation to anyone interested in playing Friday 8/31 @ 8pm Eastern USA ( 2400 UTC ). Anyone interested feel free to message me for dedicated Ventrilo server info ( or you can find server info on the Kellhounds Facebook page ).

Cheers !

~sky

#54 Satyre

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 6 posts
  • LocationYerbouti

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Rockin'!

I knewe some of us Kell Hounds would turn up here.

I was either KH_Satyre or Il_Buono back in MW3. Good times.

Damn! - I just realised, that must be almost 12-13 years ago. Heh, I was talking about lag dancing just the other day.

#55 SkyHawk Kell

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

Good to see ya Satyre !

BTW ... from what I've seen, lag shootin' skills are still pretty important.

~sky

#56 Phelan Ward-Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

I spent some time in the KH lobby back in MW3, though I went by the_omega_pk for most of that game.

If you guys play MWO half as well as MW3, I would love to sortie sometime.

#57 Ram71

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 90 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

i fought for the hounds in MW2 through to mercs and then in MW4 mercs, callsign was Ramjet .... now i'm Ram71. any of the old crew around???

#58 Ram71

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 90 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Oh yeah anyone remember Hawkeye???? dude sounded like Arnie and lived in portugal.

#59 SkyHawk Kell

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Hails gents.

With the recent announcement by Piranha Games to take Mechwarrior Online into open beta in the very near future, I took the to liberty fire up a website in the event we wish to reactivate the Kell Hounds.

While Piranha Games has eluded to the creation of a meta-game universe, I suspect they are a long way from incorporating this feature into the game. Their plan to allow players to participate within the variety of battletech houses, clans & other units is a feature that is currently unavailable, and as such, I thought it might be appropriate for us to have a placeholder until such features are incorporated.

The new unit website can be found at www.thekellhounds.com and any prior service Kell Hounds members (or their friends) are welcome to register. The website has forum functionality which will provide a modicum of privacy for us to discuss the future of the Kell Hounds. Additionally, a ventrilo server can be found on the main page (presently open to the public).

All the best,

~sky

Edited by SkyHawk Kell, 16 October 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#60 Raven-kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 299 posts
  • LocationSpokane WA

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

yes yes yes I'm back...cower in fear!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users