5 replies to this topic

#1 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

Just noticed, if you are far enough away form LRMs inbound on you use your jumpjets a little bit before they hit you and if you time it right they will fall underneath you, or only scrape your legs.

Anyone else notice this? I think its a nice little benefit of having JJs when trying to close with LRM boats.

Edited by Kane0, 08 November 2012 - 02:55 AM.

#2 Garagano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

nice idea, the problem is, that if you are locked by a spotter and the lrms are on the way to you, there is usually a **** hole more of lrms following, and not only 1 valley. So yes, its possible to dodge one valley lrms, but they are adaptable and will you hit in the air,

What i started to do, since this crazy arthemis-lrm-spaming begin: i just stand below a bridge and let the lrm boats spam me with they're expensive rockets. Most newb lrm boats dont realise that they only hit the bridge above me and keep spamming for minutes. nice way to tease LRM boats :D

#3 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

If there is no enemy nearby, I'll just take a few steps and power down (behind something).

But hopefully this becomes a non-issue today. Happy LRM Hot Fix day!

http://mwomercs.com/...hotfix-nov-8th/

Edited by knnniggett, 08 November 2012 - 04:53 AM.

#4 Valdemar47

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 58 posts
  • LocationIt

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

Yup , lrm have limits , once you know them you exploit them.
Since artemis kicked in I managed to avoid more missile than earlier by "powersliding" from cover to cover , in other words hitting P while running full throttle in one direction , if the salvo was a non-artemis launch I had to avoid the direction where they where launched .
Kids are dumb , that's why lrm spam is so effective in pug...

Powersliding and JJ dodge are so effective vs LRMs for a reason, able light pilots should be able to reach the lrm spammer and disrupt theyr job so heavys and assaults can safely advance.

#5 charov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

View PostKane0, on 08 November 2012 - 02:55 AM, said:

Just noticed, if you are far enough away form LRMs inbound on you use your jumpjets a little bit before they hit you and if you time it right they will fall underneath you, or only scrape your legs.

Anyone else notice this? I think its a nice little benefit of having JJs when trying to close with LRM boats.

Old tricks, it works: http://www.youtube.c...9pBLIIGM#t=168s

#6 MagicHamsta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

What me do when me see missiles inbound.
Immediately turn to the LRM boat & stick a gauss round in their face/torso.

If they be using spotters to get lock on me, me immediately turn & gauss + lasers + SRM the offending light mech into dust.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users