285 replies to this topic

#41 197mmCannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Go-cho
  • Go-cho
  • 265 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

• Any thoughts on making the forums TapaTalk friendly?
  • What about 3rd person spectator view?
  • Community submitted maps would be awesome
  • I noticed the changes to the Catapult K2 arms for non PPC weapon on it. To what extent do you plan on mech weapons / equipment being visible on the model? If I put a PPC on an atlas arm will that look different than a small laser or no weapon at all?
  • I have heard reference of orbital strikes. Any plans for one day adding tanks or air support to the game?
  • When community warfare gets implemented will we pick a side one time or can people bounce around?
Thanks for the hard work guys. The game gets better and better with each patch.

#42 Lanessar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationTampa

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

As covered in this thread, there has been some debate as to heat generation and the balancing issues for energy vs. ballistic vs. missile weapons. I'm aware that "balancing of weapons is being constantly looked at", but has this specific post been discussed as to validity? Rather than tweaking, has the heat/weapons interactions been or are they going to be reviewed as a whole?

#43 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostStopTheLag, on 08 November 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

When do you plan to have a staging server that non employees can participate on and provide constructive feedback? May help with the people that always complain if the people that have the time and desire to make this game great can test out your patches before they go to open beta.

And assuming you are doing this at some point, how do people sign up to access that staging server.

They have said they do have such a server, but it is invite-only. It was in the Kotaku chat yesterday, with Russ and Bryan answering this exact question which I had posed there.

#44 Iridin

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Garth, is there any update about taking full-screen screenshots? Having it show as full black unless I use an off-center window is slightly unappealing.

#45 Josh Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 204 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Have you considered an option to purchase a mech chassis without any additional components? Just purchasing an empty shell. Sort of like buying a junker car; all it needs is an engine and a few fixings and you're good to go.

#46 Col Forbin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

View PostDaemian, on 08 November 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

• Any thoughts on making the forums TapaTalk friendly?

I second this question.

#47 deforce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 616 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

someone quoted you form you kotaku interview saying we would be able to import our OWN decals very very very soon. Is this true and is there a rough ETA?

#48 Jale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Are you considering to add an option to display precise "mech component armor (health) status" (down left corner) in HUD, like we had in mw4 - with vertical bars for each component? And one more thing, will we be able to customize our HUD (in future), and by that i dont just refer to color, im looking forward if we can change the look of our "mech component armor (health) status display" that is right now?

-you dont have to answer the question :P

Edited by Jale, 08 November 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#49 Dieselpunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationKansas (thankfully it's only temporary)

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hero Mechs... When will we see more of them and which ones are planned to see action in MWO?

#50 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Clans and Clan mechs came up a lot in the recent live chat. Hand-in-hand with Clan tech comes the discussion about and desire to cross-tech (ie. place Clan equipment in Innersphere mechs.) Obviously this is down the road a ways, so firm answers couldn't be expected. But, could you at least tell us what the devlopment team's vision is for Clan tech in regard to cross-teching?

Thanks

#51 Squid von Torgar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 819 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

I read a fantastic suggestion on the boards (Sorry I forget the original author)

The idea is to have a key that allows you to assign a enemy mech as the primary target for your team mates. This would be indicated on their hud and battlegrid.

This would help PUGs alot that arent using voice coms, not to mention premades.

Whats the chances?

#52 Rathe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

UAC-5s are on a trial mech, when will the changes to the UAC-5 jamming system mentioned by Inouye be put into place?

#53 Sulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

With the new, nearly identical, forest colony snow map, how does this play into community warfare, and if there will be semi-real seasons timer-mechanic implimented?

#54 XvDraxvX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 298 posts
  • LocationEscondido CA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Once ECM makes its way into the game i think around the 20th, Will you revert the LRM, Damage and grouping Nerf that just went through today on the 8th?

#55 Monkeystador

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

When will collisions be back in?

Do you work on preventing the use of the current cheat tools?

Edited by Monkeystador, 08 November 2012 - 12:59 PM.

#56 LogicSol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

A big rumor going around right now is that ammo rearm will go from 75% to 25%.
Is this in the works, and if so is there a ammo cost reduction coming along with it?

#57 PyroDante

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

1) Will other game modes have new maps, or attempt to work with existing maps?

2) Can we get an update to the upcoming features/upcoming content threads?

#58 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Any chance we will get a free for all type game room soon? What I mean is can we at some point get a game mode where it can be every man for themselves free for all? I know a lot of the new guys would like this as well as a lot of the Vets and it would be a good way for lone wolf guys to play, have fun and not have to always team up with others. It could match everyone based on skill so a (new to the game) guy would never go up against 7 other guys that have been here from day 1. What are the Dev's thoughts on this?

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 08 November 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#59 PyroDante

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

3) Where do you see the relationship between heat only limited weapons, ammo only limited weapons, and hybrid limited weapons. Are you expecting ammo limited weapons to be the 'meat and potatoes' of our arsenal?

4) Is there an ETA to allowing us to drop into a match without an enemy? So that as a team we can train each other, and get a feel for the game.

#60 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

How does the dev team feel about the current economy?
Is it about right? Do you see a need to change anythign in it in regards to repair and rearm?

What are your current plans to change the new player experience and integration into the game if any?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users