People Dcing In Game

25 replies to this topic

#21 Sinzer

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

Other games have a leaver penalty, that is once you disconnect a certain percentage of your games then you are forced to play with other leavers.

I think this should be applied here. Simply have a low priority pool for matchmaking. If you disconnect a lot, whether it is your computers, internet or simple ragequit, then you should not be allowed to be in normal matchmaking for a while. You get put in low priority until your disconnecting percentage is back to normal.

#22 HeroNemisis

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

So thats why it says blank... always wondered.

Speaking of stats, if this is a team game why no teamwork stats on profiles? How bout a kill assist to death ratio? How about weighting the K/D ratio properly as obviously scout mechs are typically gonna get alot less kills than say an assault mech? I think they should make a stat called match damage effectiveness and make it be a running average of the damage per match/tonnage.

View PostRoland, on 13 November 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

I see a few of these every night. Some guy is getting smacked down hard, fighting back but losing.. and then you kill him and it says "Roland has killed <blank> ".

The guy rage quit. There's no excusing it... oh, you just happened to get disconnected a second before dying? Sure ya did, chief.

#23 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

within my clan and myself most of disconnections are crashes to desktop, people that start the game with the 4fps bug (and quit because it's unplayable) and other glitches/bugs such as interface or "yellow cubes" bugs and so on.

Some other afk you see are due ppl staying in the "searching" status that gets connected but the game never renders for them and/or black screen bug at the start of the match (and sometimes this can't be fixed by alt+entering).

To me at least 50 if not more percent is due to issues above. The rest are suicide farmers, rage quitters (sometimes I do this myself) or real afkers.

#24 RFMarine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

View PostZylo, on 13 November 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

DC a few seconds after match start with "no user found has disconnected" message - another bug where it appears you spawned outside your mech. You can't do anything at all so disconnecting is the only option.

sometimes I get the "if you've played too many matches without restarting the client, FPS (frames per second) goes down to 4fps bug". If that happens i'm forced to alt-F4 within less than a minute of starting the match. Although sometimes I jerk myself to the home base so at least if the mech is still there it can delay base cap

#25 Ebonkosh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts
  • Locationwashington dc

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

You get about 1-3 DCs in any match these days when you lose two mechs right at the start. People don't want to take the ratio hit so they DC. So then we are down 4 mechs on 7. This needs to be addressed. I know it is beta but it has been in beta for a long time. DCs shouldn't be happening this much and if they are intentional they should have anyone that DCs in a match pay double to repair and double the full repair amount. Something that will attempt to prevent it. Maybe a 30 min to 1 hour match penalty.

I know this only impacts PUGs so please do not tell me to go group up with friends so they will not bail on you. I am just being specific to PUGs.

Red

Edited by Ebonkosh, 10 December 2012 - 10:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users