8 Man Premades Still Exist!

136 replies to this topic

#21 Troop

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

please PGI stop premades from fighting pugs. it dosent make sence... not in the battletech unverse... not in the gaming universe... hell not even in OUR universe.... premades should only ever fight other premades... if this is not happening don't expect this game will have much success in the long run.... as not ALL of us are gifted with actualy HAVING IRL friends or gaming friends that actually PLAY this ""geeky"" game. some of us are cursed to be lone wolves forever ( like me I don't actually have any friends that like any mech titles or even like any kind of robots or androids for that matter) ive suffered enough until Tuesdays patch but even then as you can see deuchebag teams from all over the world are hard at work as to finding ways to cheat and bug the game so they can destroy innocent pugs and farm their free C-bills and xp in the most unfair way I can think of. And before you start flaming me for the post think about THIS..... WHY WOULD PUG GROUPS ( speaking battletech unverse wise ) not be able to communicate or talk to eachother like the voice chat premades do? do we not have even RADIOS on our state of the art 23rd century war machines? NOT EVEN A CELLPHONE TO TALK HANDS FREE ON? no my friends... you cant have premades vs pugs im sorry

#22 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

This thread is amazing.

PGI introduces phase 1 matchmaking....the entire goal of which was to (temporarily) eliminate 8 man premades.

A bypass is found, and nobody seems to think that this is an exploit, even though it made phase 1 matchmaking pointless.

#23 justin xiang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 585 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

my favorite part is when I get to face my friends ;)

#24 Valore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 08 November 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

This thread is amazing.

PGI introduces phase 1 matchmaking....the entire goal of which was to (temporarily) eliminate 8 man premades.

A bypass is found, and nobody seems to think that this is an exploit, even though it made phase 1 matchmaking pointless.

What nonsense. Unless it was a magical way to guarantee teams lined up a certain way, its not an exploit.

If you'd taken the effort to read the OP, people fight each other as often as together.

Which is what most want in the first place, premades to match up against each other.

You need to get that massive chip off your shoulder Jun. Its frankly cringeworthy. You act like everyone in a premade slept with your mom or something.

Edited by Valore, 08 November 2012 - 10:53 PM.

#25 Enemista

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

View Postjustin xiang, on 08 November 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

my favorite part is when I get to face my friends ;)

This,

at first there were just 2 groups and I was the 9th player, so I often ended up in the PUG team fighting against those damn 8men premades :P and what made it worse that when they saw me, they just went all after me... but it was hell of a fun :)

#26 Stoindrae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

I figured it was just another girl voice in the channel... usually that's the reason for more than 8 in a DS channel. People will hang out waiting for a slot on the team for 2 hours if there is a girl in the room. ;)

But seriously, yes, I know of this "tactic".. and even though I also play on the EU TS3 server... for some reason .. I prefer to test the Lance+4 configuration as the game developer wants us to do instead of always finding a way to cheat the system back to the highest possible unfair advantage.

Had 3 peeps in my TBC channel tonight.. and we ran 30+ games.. won about 85% of the matches... even had some total 2 minute 8-0 curbstomps without a single coordination text typed to the other 5 players on the team ... we moved as a full 8 man unit and destroyed the other team, silently... /shrug.

Vet > New is still the biggest difference in the matches.

#27 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts
  • LocationBurning hot sphere of pure rage.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

Really? They fix match making, making the game vastly more fair, so you cretins immediately circumvent it? Worst gaming community I have ever seen.

#28 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Still better than the previous mess. pug-stompers desperately clinging to their advantage ;)

(almost) everyone should be happy when phase 2 starts up, and hopefully everyone (thats rational at least) will be happy with the TBD december phase 3.

Edited by Asmosis, 09 November 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#29 Gaan Cathal

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostUraniumOverdose, on 08 November 2012 - 11:55 PM, said:

Really? They fix match making, making the game vastly more fair, so you cretins immediately circumvent it? Worst gaming community I have ever seen.

Ok, as someone who more or less completely PUGs (occasionaly 'premade' with a couple of even-newer-to-the-game mates), this and the other comments complaining about the OP are seriously bugging me.

The problem is when an 8-man premade comes up against a 8-man PUG.

What happens in the new case, is a massively increased chance of 4+(1*4) vs 4+(1*4), which is perfectly fun. There are also, believe it or not a fair number of pairs and trios kicking about, and this system allows for 4+3+1, which was very rare in the past. Yes it can end up with 4+4 vs (1*8), but based on my entierly anecdotal evidence the matchmaker appears biased against it.

PGI cannot make the 'default' game mode (1*8) vs (1*8) IMO, because it will absolutely cripple new player retention. People like playing with their friends, especially if their friend has introduced them to the game they're playing.

4+4 vs 4+4, 4+(1*4) vs 4+(1*4) and 4+4 vs (1*8) are all viable outcomes of current matchmaking, If a pair of 4s know eachother, big deal. They are at least as likely to end up opposing as teamed up, after all.

View PostValore, on 08 November 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

You need to get that massive chip off your shoulder Jun. Its frankly cringeworthy. You act like everyone in a premade slept with your mom or something.

I don't premade...

Edited by Gaan Cathal, 09 November 2012 - 12:07 AM.

#30 anonymous175

• Bad Company
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

View PostValore, on 08 November 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

What nonsense. Unless it was a magical way to guarantee teams lined up a certain way, its not an exploit.

If you'd taken the effort to read the OP, people fight each other as often as together.

Which is what most want in the first place, premades to match up against each other.

;)

#31 Valore

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

View PostGaan Cathal, on 09 November 2012 - 12:06 AM, said:

I don't premade...

:)

I think at the end of the day, it boils down to how to balance the whole thing. It's not easy.

The ideal solution in my mind, is to have pugs play a specific game mode. I understand some people want a more individualistic style of play.

But trying to lump them together with people who want the OPPOSITE kind of play, i.e. teamwork oriented, is just asking to make both sides equally unhappy.

View PostZeno Scarborough, on 09 November 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

;)

Learn from the best eh :P What happened to your ad btw? Thought you had that there to earn money to pay for MC or something :D

#32 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Sure guys, it's totally not an exploit, let's ignore what support has to say on the issue.

Posted Image

#33 anonymous175

• Bad Company
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

View PostValore, on 09 November 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

:P

I think at the end of the day, it boils down to how to balance the whole thing. It's not easy.

The ideal solution in my mind, is to have pugs play a specific game mode. I understand some people want a more individualistic style of play.

But trying to lump them together with people who want the OPPOSITE kind of play, i.e. teamwork oriented, is just asking to make both sides equally unhappy.

Learn from the best eh ;) What happened to your ad btw? Thought you had that there to earn money to pay for MC or something :)

Hero mech ate it. Now have to be sigcognito or might accidentally wander into another economy thread.

#34 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Please keep abusing this system guys, I've seen it twice today and will begin reporting it. Hopefully we can get some of the trash exploiters (no better than cheating) banned from MWO.

#35 Valore

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 09 November 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

Sure guys, it's totally not an exploit, let's ignore what support has to say on the issue.

Posted Image

You must be a hit at parties, Jun :P

That said, this is akin to the MWO version of marijuana. Everyone's gonna do it, no one (except you maybe) is gonna care, and I doubt support is going to be arsed trying to ban people for this.

Simply because it'd be undoable. Ban people from 'co-incidentally' launching at the same time? If it makes you happy and you want to swallow PGI's line on this deepthroat style, go ahead. Fact of the matter is, banning people for this is as likely as them going back to ban all LRM players pre-hotfix last night.

Let me emphasise, exploiting shouldn't be done. But calling this an exploit is a very, very long stretch, and what you've done frankly goes to show you're at a Captain Ahab/Moby D!ck level fixation on this issue.

Same goes for you Uranium. I swear it seems you take more pleasure out of this than you do playing the game.

Then again, maybe you do. I can't imagine the depths of despair and hatred that must have driven you to such means. And you wonder why the rest of us don't PUG ;)

#36 F lan Ker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArctic Circle

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

S!

Some individuals in this thread have shown extreme bigotry and a narrow mind. Cheesh! Do you NEVER give up? What part of ONLINE MULTIPLAYER GAME did you NOT understand? The "thing" OP posted did NOT work 100%, but we were pitted against eachother most of the time and even in separate games altogether. But oh boy was that fun when in same game opposite sides after the fail sauce headless chickens were cleared out of the way, pure mayhem! :P Sarcasm and pun intended.

A vocal whineboi group wants this to turn into a boring game. What then when the Community Warfare comes? You gonna whine when Lone Wolfing and getting roflstomped by Mercs or Houses that are VERY competetive and give no mercy whatsoever? Gonna petition for a separate "PUG Warfare"? Calling this an exploit or a cheat is a bit far fetched and just shows certain aspects of the mindset here ;)

Team play. Coordination. Communication. All you need.

#37 Gaan Cathal

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

What the fix should be, IMO, is a simple 'side balancing' formula.

I.e. If two 4-man groups and eight solo pilots are put into a match, the four-man squads should automatically be assigned to different teams. This can easily be extended to smaller groups as well, just run it sequentially.

So if you have two 4-man groups, a 3-man, a 2-man and three soloists in a match, you get 4+3+1 vs 4+2+1+1 every single time. 'Exploit' sorted.

#38 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

View PostValore, on 09 November 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

You must be a hit at parties, Jun :P

That said, this is akin to the MWO version of marijuana. Everyone's gonna do it, no one (except you maybe) is gonna care, and I doubt support is going to be arsed trying to ban people for this.

Simply because it'd be undoable. Ban people from 'co-incidentally' launching at the same time? If it makes you happy and you want to swallow PGI's line on this deepthroat style, go ahead. Fact of the matter is, banning people for this is as likely as them going back to ban all LRM players pre-hotfix last night.

Let me emphasise, exploiting shouldn't be done. But calling this an exploit is a very, very long stretch, and what you've done frankly goes to show you're at a Captain Ahab/Moby D!ck level fixation on this issue.

Same goes for you Uranium. I swear it seems you take more pleasure out of this than you do playing the game.

Then again, maybe you do. I can't imagine the depths of despair and hatred that must have driven you to such means. And you wonder why the rest of us don't PUG ;)

First of all, I pug half of the time, the other half I roll with my old crew from MW3. Please don't assume, it makes you look like Mitt Romney (tsk tsk).

I have seen countless games ruined by exploiters and cheaters. It is my genuine pleasure to ruin their day. They derive pleasure from ruining ours. It's also the type of person in question here. If they feel comfortable having double the team advantage that literally anyone can get now, premade and pug alike, they are likely to be comfortable with other exploitable advantages. Hell, they might even consider just outright hacking.

Also It's also no longer "coincidence" when it happens multiple times. Sorry officer, I coincidently ran over this man 5 times, I swear it was an accident. Give me a break.

#39 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

200% Agree on the groups !

- we tryed it yesterday on the NGNG TS Chanel...well...I tyred it since I got no room in a 4man group after coming from work. "Hey, tell me when you launch, I klick on the same time". AND IT WORKED! I was on the other side of the team, ok...you cant have everything...but we were in the same match. And Scius made a Screenshot how I went down...not that I like to show that anyone, but its a proof ; ;)

100% Agree on the Voice-grouping !

- I was a "no TS for me" guy, until last sunday. Try it out, you will not regret it !

-------

Commstar EU? Hmmmm....nah, I'll stay with my No-Guts-No-Galaxy buddys :P

#40 F lan Ker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArctic Circle

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

S!

Uranium, if you are sinless PLEASE throw the first stone ;) :) You will only tire yourself out in the holy crusade of "ruining the day" of other players. You will just get a tag on yourself and being a big joke in eyes of many thus adding to your agony. Believe me, seen that happen IRL where people try to be knights in a shiny armor turning into public jokes. Like being the Don Quijote of games fighting windmills of cheating/abuse/whatever.

And once more..this was not kept HIDDEN or anything but posted on this forum where devs could read it without the brown nose brigade spamming their emails :P And BTW this thing works in other games too with similar "success" aka not so often. So kinda old news.

29 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users