• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 992 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDas Amerikas (The US)

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

View Postgroundhouse, on 10 November 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

Nice pic!,your Girlfriend?. ...ohh wait.. :D

Just proving a point that looks matter :)

#102 MiG77

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationThird tree from the left

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

View PostRatheron, on 10 November 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

Okay to the people that are ranting about the skill tree's Let me pose a question too you. so if i give you a M-16 and your put into a fire fight with a Army Ranger... Now in real life as you fought this man you would start to learn tactics and you would learn the way the firearm works with diff. ammo and ways to fire the weapon in the most advantageous way. So in a simulator this is shown in a skill tree. if you honestly dont think that mister Army Ranger wouldnt eat your lunch in a fire fight becuase he has more skill with his weapons than you sir are ignorant and dont understand the mechanics of war. The weapon is only 10 percent of the fight the person holding the weapon and his experiance which is reflected in a skill tree in a game is the other 90%. The problem that people have is you cant effectivly show skill in a game beyond a specific degree because your not controlling the mech the mech is following a predeterminded path and movement. thats what skill trees are for to show advancement in the game. Hopefully this explains it enough if you still think otherwise than it is pointless to argue the meaning too you becuase you have obviously never learned how to be better at anything in your life and than tried to carry that knowledge into a gaming enviroment

You are wrong in this "So in a simulator this is shown in a skill tree". No, in simulator, you get better. Not the object simulator is simulating (In MWO your mech is getting better really, not you). IE in WWII flight simulator your example would be same as getting 10% bonus to cannon/MG dispersion or 15% extra speed to plane :)

#103 Radbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

I haven't actually played Hawken but seen some videos, and it's too "Anime'ish" for me. And it looks like it's a regular insta-gib shooter dressed up as a mech game.

I know that Mechwarrior and Battletech has had it's root in Japaneese Anime, but we've evoled from there, right? =)

...for me it's a huge difference between a 'Mech' and a 'Mecha' =)

#104 Dieselpunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationKansas (thankfully it's only temporary)

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostUltrabeast, on 10 November 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

I guess not. To be honest, the girl's looks you are with doesn't matter either.

Posted Image

She's a hottie, right?

I just threw up in my mouth a little... Did you get the photo from the Miss Walmart Calendar? :)

Edited by Dieselpunk, 10 November 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#105 Sp4wNers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostUltrabeast, on 10 November 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

I guess not. To be honest, the girl's looks you are with doesn't matter either.

Posted Image

She's a hottie, right?

Holy mother............ I'm gonna puke x_X

#106 pedropars

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

Oh look,its this thread again...seriously stop trying to compare Hawken with MWO,they´re both great games in their own way.

#107 PhilKingz

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

I always liked MW and Earthsiege, but actually it's really unrealistic. I mean there is no reason to give a Warmachine legs if this act doesnt improves its mobility. In MW Mechs were always controlled like Tanks. Hawken is much more realistic in this perspective. The mech still behaves mechanical, but not track vehicles. And a track vehicle is much better accustomed to uneven Terrain than legs, even if your intution tells you otherwise. Legs have to be balanced and cushioning.

In addition it's quite unrealistic that a Mech has not the weaponry to instantly punch through other metal. This is quite off a bit, dont you think? I am no ModernWarfareKid, I really love MW and that for more than 12 years, but the only reason why It is like it is now, is the limitation of programming when MW was realized back at that time. And it sticks to its tradition. As a result Mechwarrior is more tactical amd it's okay. I just cannot stand the argument that controlling a Mech in MW feels more realistic. Quite the opposite is true and im also okay with that, so bothe games have their shining spots.

Edited by PhilKingz, 11 November 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#108 Salient

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 538 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

I liked how it had ingame voip support, and patch notes on the loader. Other than that, the game felt like a sluggish FPS with no real strategy. Like slow-mo UT or something. Pretty terribad, but i'll mess around with it more in Dec.

#109 Black Templar

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 300 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

i actually like the hawken game modes. the siege mode is something we last saw in Battlefield 2142. its very addictive, but the constant film-grain gives me headaches. i still like MW:O better.

#110 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Nice to see another Hawken thread. It's been a while.

Too bad I can't dig up the last threads and copy/paste myself though. Basically the OP is complaining that a FPS is a FPS. I don't like it either... hence why I play this game and not Hawken. In fact they keep inviting me to betas I don't even want to partake in.

#111 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

I play it a number of time and cant say I much care for it since you die in 1 or 2 hits, all so I try the death mach's last night and found that I was the only one on one side ageist 6 other player.
Not only that thy stake out the respond spot to kill me even before I could see who was doing the shooting by standing behind the respond spot and then shoot me in the back.

No MWO beats them hand down for good game play and game maniacs and good sports men-ship.

#112 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostBlack Templar, on 11 November 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

i actually like the hawken game modes. the siege mode is something we last saw in Battlefield 2142. its very addictive, but the constant film-grain gives me headaches. i still like MW:O better.

I'll wait for my additional game modes here in MW.

#113 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Here's the truth of the matter, the Hawken website makes a big deal of this;

WHAT IS HAWKEN?

HAWKEN is a free-to-play, online, multiplayer, mech-based first-person shooter that puts you in the pilot seat of a giant robotic war machine.
Customize and upgrade your mechs the way you want, then join your friends on the battlefield to rain destruction across HAWKEN's beautiful and immersive alien landscapes. Best of all, HAWKEN is
"Mech Warrior meets Counter Strike... what more could you ask for?"

- ShogunGamer.com
BEST OF PC, PAX Prime 2012

That about sums it up. They use MechWarrior as a reference to describe how good their game is.

MWO doesn't make claims the "MWO is just like Hawken but more of a simulator".

They are both games in their own right, but sufficiently dissimilar that they should both be able to stand on their own.

If you wanted my description I'd be saying "Hawkin is like TF2/CoD in metal suits!". Not enough for me.

Edited by TLBFestus, 11 November 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#114 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

Did you see that not a lot of user are testing,the count number world wide was 630 to 680 user and most of the sever had 3 to 8 user on at a time.
No I don't think thy are doing as will as MWO is.

Edited by River Walker, 11 November 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#115 JP Josh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • Locationsteam- jp josh

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

give it time one day pgi will make the apartment building drop from under my cats feet :)

#116 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostRiver Walker, on 11 November 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Did you see that not a lot of user are testing,the count number world wide was 630 to 680 user and most of the sever had 3 to 8 user on at a time.
No I don't think thy are doing as will as MWO is.

What does any of that have to do with what I said?

#117 Urza Mechwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBrazil, Santa Catarina

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostMiG77, on 10 November 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

Maybe it is just me, but I would prefer that there would not be any skill tree. Skill trees dont belong in "simulators" IMO (You determine skill yourself, not some tree that you unlock gaining experience).

this is NOTHIGN liek a simulator. Simulator woudl be FAlcon 4, dangerous waters, Il2. MWO has 0.03% of simmulator on its blood.

#118 Inappropriate745

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hawken is failing, and they want MWO to fail so they can take the niche "Robot PC game" market share, hence all these troll threads of complaints and comparisons saying hawken is better.

#119 River Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostBluten, on 11 November 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

What does any of that have to do with what I said?

Its has nothing to do with it since I click on the roung user Sorry about that fixing it now. ;)

#120 TROWAHC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hawken = FPS with mechs. MWO = Mech Simulator.

Nuff said. :3

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users