Mech Building 101

3 replies to this topic

#1 Valder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationQQmercs.com

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Hey all, I just published a large and detailed guide about how to use the mech lab to produce quality mechs. If you're struggling with this, it's written specifically for you. Hopefully, though, even an experienced mech builder will be able to take away some new ideas from it. Due to the formatting issues I have with these forums, I'm just going to provide a link to it:

Mech Building 101

#2 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

I like your guide, very well written. Only suggestion you link to my site (which is great btw :P) in reference to ammo explosion values. i would suggest using the hash link. http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/#ammo_types for a direct jump to the said values ;)
other than that, great post.

Phil

#3 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Good post. I have heard however that any critical hit to the head region is enough to destroy you, so there's no real reason NOT to store ammo there, unless you are running a mech with a Laser hardpoint there.

#4 Valder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationQQmercs.com

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

View Postsmurfynet, on 21 March 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

I like your guide, very well written. Only suggestion you link to my site (which is great btw :P) in reference to ammo explosion values. i would suggest using the hash link. http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/#ammo_types for a direct jump to the said values ;)
other than that, great post.

Phil

Thanks man, I appreciate the hash link =D

View PostBoulangerie, on 21 March 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

Good post. I have heard however that any critical hit to the head region is enough to destroy you, so there's no real reason NOT to store ammo there, unless you are running a mech with a Laser hardpoint there.

Uhh, sorta. Your head has 15 internal structure once you peel away the armor. As an example, say someone hits your head with 2 medium lasers after your armor is gone and scores a critical hit on the AC20 ammo box you keep in there with both lasers (around %40 for each laser independantly I believe). The ammo box takes 10 damage and explodes and kills you instantly when you would have had 5 more HP left there. I'm pretty sure the outcome would be the same if it were an AC5 ammo can, but I'd need to check with one of my buddies who has a much deeper understanding of the critcal system than I do as I'm not positive if the damage is applied to the component and also the frame when someone scores a hit on your criticals.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users