Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

Hi , Im from Asia Pacific timezone.. and am looking for a clan to play as team

#2 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hi Jora, our Clan is actually looking to increase our eastern Pacific presence. Check us out at ClanJadeFalcon.com.

#3 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

I think you might be a bit confused here, unless you are looking to be a clan member among the clans, which are a distinct set of peoples within Battletech (the universe this game is set in) lore, you would be better off looking in merc groups or faction talk.

#4 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

I am pretty sure OP meant "I am looking for a Clan, because I can not stand IS surats being on my team"... :)

#5 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostIceSerpent, on 06 November 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

I am pretty sure OP meant "I am looking for a Clan, because I can not stand IS surats being on my team"... :)

well units in a lot of games are known as clans, so would it be that unreasonable to assume that someone could be confused on the difference between a gaming clan and the clans of BT?

also this "IS surat" is more than willing to kill your mech anytime you want.

Edited by dal10, 06 November 2012 - 06:09 PM.

#6 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

View Postdal10, on 06 November 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

well units in a lot of games are known as clans, so would it be that unreasonable to assume that someone could be confused on the difference between a gaming clan and the clans of BT?

No, it wouldn't be unreasonable. More than that, it happens in this corner of the forums on a fairly regular basis. That being said, one can always hope that a person looking "for a clan" in Clans section is actually looking for a Clan unit.

also this "IS surat" is more than willing to kill your mech anytime you want.

That's an empty challenge, given that we currently have no way of dropping against a designated opponent. Remind me of it when we get a proper matchmaker (assuming we don't both die of old age before that happens).

#7 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

meh, will run into you eventually, the group I run with at house liao runs into davion premades all the time, win 90% or so of those matches.

#8 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

Jora, I really hope this thread doesn't leave you with a lasting impression of this community. Usually people here are more helpful and less concerned with chest thumping.

#9 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

I was helpful then chest thumped, which interestingly enough does actually make you temporarily stronger, the hits causes your heart to pump more blood to your muscles making yourself stronger for a while

#10 haydesminion

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

lol its great reading forums you never know whats gunna happen ;)

#11 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

No, no, no! If you need to thump on your chest to get the blood flowing, you might be suffering from a heart arrhythmia or you could be in cardiac arrest! I suggest simply jogging in place or just stretching to get the ol' ticker pumping. See, I'm being helpful!

#12 MarauderDeuce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

G'day JoraM7.
To cover this from both sides - if you're looking for an Inner Sphere unit which is Oceania based then I'd suggest ARMD (www.armd.net.au) - over 300 players most in Aust/NZ/Malaysia and other surrounding countries with a fair smattering from around the rest of the world. If you use teamspeak (and you're crazy if you don't) then look them up on the NGNG Server (63.209.37.2:9196)

I don't know of any Clan Units which are based in our area - Jade Falcon could be an option as Seth mentioned. I'm with Clan Ghost Bear but my ability to play with them is limited as the few players I see on the above teamspeak server are US/UK/Canada based and their times don't match up with mine very well. More than that though you need to work out which clan suits your 'style' the best and then make contact with them either on teamspeak or in the various forums/websites.

#13 Helliouse

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCanada, Western parts (AB)

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hello JoraM7,
If you are looking for a Merc group check us out:
http://highlanddrago...guildlaunch.com
You can find us on the TS server No Guts, No Galaxy, (63.209.37.2:9196)

Look forward to a drop with you!

#14 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostSeth, on 08 November 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

No, no, no! If you need to thump on your chest to get the blood flowing, you might be suffering from a heart arrhythmia or you could be in cardiac arrest! I suggest simply jogging in place or just stretching to get the ol' ticker pumping. See, I'm being helpful!

Or he is just a regular Capelan - poisons and dagers in the back are something usual for them and some poisons have similar simptoms , the fear that some relative can poison them runs deeps in their minds :( .

#15 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

View Postdaneiel varna, on 14 November 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

Or he is just a regular Capelan - poisons and dagers in the back are something usual for them and some poisons have similar simptoms , the fear that some relative can poison them runs deeps in their minds :P .

Steiners are much more likely to backstab you than Capellans, and usually for less reason. I know from experience...

#16 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Steiners will back stab you using a novel length scheme, a favorite being sending someone they want dead into a patriotic no-win scenario battle. The Capellans will literally just back stab you. Or front stab you. Which ever gets them into the positions of power with the least amount of resistance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users