Isn News Flash

13 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

Sat. Nov 10, 3049: The Wolf’s Dragoons have begun trials of a field-upgrade for their rare Falcon Star League-Era BattleMech, the FLC-4P.

#2 bobthebomb

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Falcon ?

Posted Image

Edited by bobthebomb, 10 November 2012 - 06:42 AM.

#3 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Suspicious fellows. Who feeds mercenary unit with all this LosTech? Are they clandestine ComStar henchmen, or what?

#4 Illusion Tokomi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationJurai Homeworld

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Maybe they know something we don't know...

#5 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

I talkd to one of their warriors many years ago, she said "We found it down the Rabbit Hole."

I think Rabbit Hole is a Periphery world. That makes the most sense IMO. I figure they were probably a small mercenary unit that got lucky and stumbled onto a huge Star League cache.

Edited by verybad, 10 November 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#6 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

*Sits quietly in a corner, drinking his spiced and coke.*

(On a side note, could us merc aligned people get some merc logos to choose from, please.)

#7 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostMorang, on 10 November 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

Suspicious fellows. Who feeds mercenary unit with all this LosTech? Are they clandestine ComStar henchmen, or what?

Or the WD could have retained some or many of Star League-era techs just because they are 'Clan-originated'?

#8 Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 321 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostDraken X, on 10 November 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

Or the WD could have retained some or many of Star League-era techs just because they are 'Clan-originated'?

What do you mean by "Clan-Originated", ive never heard of this group before. Draken X sounds like a ROM agent trying to cover up who gave the Wolf Dragoons this mech.

#9 Fooooo

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

They got them from.........<<transmission intercepted>>...........<<Re-aquiring>>.....-.....-.....--.-.---.----------- <<Link established>>..............That was the reason why [REDACTED] [REDACTED].......

Spoiler

Edited by Fooooo, 11 November 2012 - 06:39 AM.

#10 Saber Avalon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

View PostDraken X, on 10 November 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

View PostFooooo, on 10 November 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

"Clan politicking created a unit that was to be sent back to the Inner Sphere on a long-term mission to reconnoiter it, posing as a mercenary unit, to prepare for the planned conquest by the Clans. The mission was placed under the command of the freeborn brothers Jaime Wolf and Joshua Wolf, who named the unit Wolf's Dragoons."

"They were equipped with what the Clans erroneously believed to be an average lineup of outdated BattleMechs, supposed to make them appear wholly inconspicuous: Five regiments of ’Mechs, including designs that were either essentially extinct in the Inner Sphere (such as the Flea, Falcon, and Hoplite) or had never before been seen there (such as the Imp and the Annihilator), complemented with likewise extraordinary support units, Dropships, and Jumpships. The Dragoons also had Hephaestus Station, a (mobile) space station with a BattleMech assembly line for the Dragoons' exclusive ARC-2W subvariant of the Archer."

Basically the wolfs dragoons were a covert recon group sent into the IS by the clans, which ended up siding with the IS after some years or something.......most of their pilots were from clan wolf as well I think.

They were very well equipped b4 leaving & even more so as they found caches enroute to the IS etc etc....

http://www.sarna.net...lf%27s_Dragoons

((Way to kill the role play guys....))

#11 FiveDigits

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

View PostFooooo, on 10 November 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

"Clan politicking created a unit that was to be sent back to the Inner Sphere on a long-term mission to reconnoiter it, posing as a mercenary unit, to prepare for the planned conquest by the Clans. The mission was placed under the command of the freeborn brothers Jaime Wolf and Joshua Wolf, who named the unit Wolf's Dragoons."

"They were equipped with what the Clans erroneously believed to be an average lineup of outdated BattleMechs, supposed to make them appear wholly inconspicuous: Five regiments of ’Mechs, including designs that were either essentially extinct in the Inner Sphere (such as the Flea, Falcon, and Hoplite) or had never before been seen there (such as the Imp and the Annihilator), complemented with likewise extraordinary support units, Dropships, and Jumpships. The Dragoons also had Hephaestus Station, a (mobile) space station with a BattleMech assembly line for the Dragoons' exclusive ARC-2W subvariant of the Archer."

Basically the wolfs dragoons were a covert recon group sent into the IS by the clans, which ended up siding with the IS after some years or something.......most of their pilots were from clan wolf as well I think.

They were very well equipped b4 leaving & even more so as they found caches enroute to the IS etc etc....

http://www.sarna.net...lf%27s_Dragoons

No sh*t Sherlock!

#12 Fooooo

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

View PostFiveDigits, on 11 November 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

No sh*t Sherlock!

Heh, to me it looked like the guy asked a question and had no idea wtf they were......... arn't you supposed to put RP: tags or something when your talking in character ? Even if this IS a newsfeed from "comstar" ?........

I have no idea, I don't roleplay. ;) ...........

Also quoting my whole post after going on about roleplay doesn't really help me remove it either...

#13 FiveDigits

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

It's no big deal imho. We are not "really" role playing ... more like pretending to not know what's going on with the imminent Clan invasion.

#14 Velete

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

ooo Spiffy! always was a pretty looking mech

Edited by Natasha Kerensky, 11 November 2012 - 01:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users