#1 Leonidas Rommel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFar side of your moon

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:07 AM

I played mechwarrior a long time ago as a teenager and young adult, and had not touched it since. You know, early to mid ninetys. Life got in the way of gaming (hard to play being deployed.) But now I am back and I accidently found this. I was house Steiner then, and I am House Steiner now! I have a few questions for the more seasoned members, and I really need your help.

I was wondering how much has changed in the style of play, mechs used, and even update in the rules. Though I am sure that this software will set most of it. Are the weapon systems basically the same SRM, LRM, PPC, MG, etc. etc. etc? Even the story of the house, I wonder what has changed.

I know I am asking for a lot, but if someone is motivated and has the time I would greatly appreciate your knowledge. I CANNOT WAIT until the release, and I cannot even find a date for that!

Oh, would someone also please direct me to a site that has the cool signature graphics most of you are sporting. Thank you once again, and I am excited about being back, and ready to do some pounding!

#2 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:51 AM

First, some links to help your research:
http://battletech.ca...stgamelabs.com/
(the current makers of Battletech, with lots of resources)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page
(the Battletech wiki. As with anything written by fanatics, remain sceptical)
http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/about
(free mech-builder software)

The guts of the game hasn't changed noticeably since the mid-'90's, and the launch era for MW-O is where Battletech was then, so you haven't missed anything.

We don't have a release date yet, all they'll say is "this summer" (ie: when it's ready). As for the cool sigs & banners, search the forum for "Signature Requests". There have been a few threads on the subject.

Hope all that helps. Any questions, just ask. :wub:

#3 OhGilPin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

To start, Welcome Leonidas

View PostLeonidas Rommel, on 24 April 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

Oh, would someone also please direct me to a site that has the cool signature graphics most of you are sporting. Thank you once again, and I am excited about being back, and ready to do some pounding!

If you want a sig I don't mind putting one together for you, I might not be the best on the forums but I am happy to make you one, here is the one I was using a couple of weeks ago... I also got some repaints on the concept art repaint thread

Posted Image

Here are some of my repaints so I could add a 'Mech into the sig

Draconis Catapult

Davion Atlas

An Awesome

Another Atlas

Respond here or PM me if you are interested.

Edited by OhGilPin, 24 April 2012 - 05:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users