ISN News Flash

17 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Tue. Apr 24, 3049: While recovered technologies almost exclusively go to 'Mechs, Brooks Incorporated unveiled GAL-102 Galleon tank last year.

#2 Felix Dante

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 400 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Good tank...wonder if it means we will see some tanks in the game eventually...? :wub:

#3 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

The first thing that came to mind was a song beginning with "Go! Go! Go!" but an informative entry ought to do it.

Posted Image

A light combat vehicle that first saw production in 2692, the Galleon Light Tank proved to be an economical means of supporting infantry and 'Mechs. With a top speed faster than most 'Mechs, the Galleon was well-armed but lacked protection, carrying only 3.5 tons of armor. Despite this, the vehicle served well during the collapse of the Star League. In the aftermath, these tracked vehicles mostly fell into the possession of the Draconis Combine and the Free Worlds League.

This Brooks Incorporated upgrade adds a Fusion Engine to increase the Galleon's top speed to 119 km/h. The original Medium Laser is swapped with an improved Priestly 600p Medium Pulse Laser, while the two Small Lasers it normally uses are upgraded to Hellion-V Medium Lasers for additional firepower. Jolassa 328 Ferro-Fibrous armor improves the protection for this tank, helping to address its most glaring weakness, while a Beagle Active Probe enables the Galleon to find hidden units.

#4 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

That is quite the little bad boy!

#5 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

Looks like a decent fast light tank.
It looks like the post is as much for verisimilitude as anything else, since we've seen posts about aerospace recently as well. Hopefully tanks will show up eventually, but I'm not going to hold my breath on it.

#6 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

I believe the Devs have said we will be able to see enemies on our radar screen when they are detected by you, your lancemates, other friendly Mechs, and your "friendly support units."

I think the future of MW:O is likely to have support units comprised of non-Mech vehicles.

#7 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

Was also unseen. Just saying.

#8 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

View PostHayden, on 24 April 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

Was also unseen. Just saying.

Yeah! That's cheating!

#9 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

I hope against hope that this will make it in, tanks are great support units... and I mean that.

#10 Volturnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 294 posts
  • LocationInternational Waters

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

But can we attach the tank to an Atlas?

#11 Pvt Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

One of my Fav light tanks (non hover) in the game, right up there with the Hetzer.

#12 osito

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, ca

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

I like this little tank. I have used a version of it before in tt. Not a bad tank not great either. I also hope that one day we will see some fighters and tanks take part in battle. Even if they run off basic programs and not by players, they would be a great addition to our universe.

#13 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 24 April 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

I believe the Devs have said we will be able to see enemies on our radar screen when they are detected by you, your lancemates, other friendly Mechs, and your "friendly support units."

I think the future of MW:O is likely to have support units comprised of non-Mech vehicles.

I'd like to see that.

#14 Dream Seaker

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

its kind of annoying to deal with tanks and other support units in mw3 whilst fighting off mechs. but it definitely makes the gameplay much better, so i do think they should be included at some point :wub:

#15 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

non mech units also increase the value of smaller weapons a great deal. Small lasers, MG's, flamers, AC2 & 5. All of these are great for taking down vehicles, Aerospace, Helo's, and infantry

#16 Gozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostPvt Dancer, on 24 April 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

One of my Fav light tanks (non hover) in the game, right up there with the Hetzer.

Hetzers gonna hetz. :)

That said I too would like to see these other units show up in the game "eventually." Of course mechs first. TONS of those to do. :D

#17 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

if they ever add non mech units to mwo, like tanks aeros and infantry, they should be commander pet type powers, where you call them in for support.

having them being players is very stupid (see mwll munchkinism as example of what goes wrong) since aero fliers will pick the bombers and fly around above aa range droping firebombs and tbolts in where their buddy thinks he saw an enemy mech or battle armors bunny hopping around with bad lag so you cant kill them even though you hit them 5x with a ppc, or aa tanks with 1500m range acs passive spamming your cockpit from 1500m away.

but as npcs that you use via commander modules, theyld add some flare to the game, be balanced, and not annoying.

#18 Cutsman

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

Tanks, fine. But aerospace? Good lord, does anyone else here realize how powerful aerospace is?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users