5 replies to this topic

#1 Darkun1

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

My current battlemech build is a Cat C1
I have been reading post about DHS, engines, LRM, SRM, upgrades, and I wanted to ask about my build and what people think of it and how I could get more bang out of it?
I am using the following
Armament
Medium pulse x 4
LRM 15 x 1 / Ammo = 360
Streak SRM x 1 / Ammo = 100
Anti-missile x 1 / Ammo = 1000
Equipment
Jump Jets x 1
Heat Sinks (DHS) / I added 3 double heat sinks
Standard engine 285
C.A.S.E
Upgrades
Ferro Fibrous Armor
Endo-Steel Internal Structure
Double Heat Sink
Artemis
Mech Info
Speed 71 KPH
Firepower 54.5 out of a max of 175
Heat Efficiency 1.03 out of a max of 2.0
Armor 422 out of 422
I can drop my Jump Jets to add another ton of LRM.
When I finally was able to get this build I was down to about 100,000 CB however playing off and on I have worked my way back to about 2,000,000 CB and climbing. I can soften an enemy up with my LRM and as they get closer my streak SRM kick-in to soften them up even more and when I am in close I use my 4 medium pulse lasers to start blowing off arms and legs. However I have a hard time with light mechs in packs of two or more but I can sure take a pounding before I go down. With this build I am 100% full on my structure slots but I feel it is a well balanced battlemech and would like some opinions on what I can do to make it better?

Edited by Darkun1, 13 November 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#2 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

The first thing you can do is say what chassis this is. :)

#3 Spectre999

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

I think we're missing one bit of information here, but I assume it's a catapult, which variant though?

Generally, I think LRM 15 is not worth it at the moment. I've been running 2x LRM 15 on my Hunchback, only to concede that it's a subpar choice. Since you're having trouble with ankle-biters, you may swap it out for a second SSRM.

You may discover that light mechs are also less eager to engage you if you don't telegraph yourself as an artillery piece.

CASE always seemed like a wasted half-ton, as you're not packing that much ammo. If you're still worried about that, stuff those rockets into your legs.

Another thing is, do you really need those 4x MPLAS? My bet is that they build up heat a lot and you cannot fire as often as you wish, an if you do, SSRMs bring you really close to overheat. You can try swapping one or two out for a more economic MLAS option for that extra range. You can also consider HLAS as a seprate weapon group for a long-range approach, but that is ultimately a matter of playstyle.

What to do with excess tonnage from the LRM15? It's your call. A bigger engine is always nice, additional heatsinks don't hurt too. You may even ditch the Ferro Fibrous for a smaller repair bill.

Edited by Spectre999, 13 November 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#4 Asyres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

View PostEximar, on 13 November 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

The first thing you can do is say what chassis this is. ;)

Looks like a cpt-c1 to me.

#5 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

View PostAsyres, on 13 November 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

Looks like a cpt-c1 to me.

Agreed, but still...

#6 Darkun1

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

I do apologize, I thought I put that in my post however I am running a Cat C1.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users