• 193 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

Engine: XL 295
Heat Sinks: doubles, no extras beside engine
Armor: 215/238
Upgrades: Ferro Fibrous, Endo-Steel, Double Heat Sink
Equipment: x3 Jump Jets
Weaponary: x4 Medium Pulse Lasers, x3 Machine guns with one ton of ammo

My main problem with medium lasers on light mechs is that it forces them to face a target for an entire second to get their full damage off. As a result, it often leads enemies to trade with them while firing. By swapping them out with pulse lasers, the build gets an additional 4 alpha damage, and burns significantly faster, increasing survivability and dps, at the cost of range and heat buildup. The shorter laser burn time also allows you to poptart enemies much more effectively, as you need less hang time to get the full damage off. As for heat, the standard double heat sinks in the engine are sufficient to a degree to so that you're not utterly crippled if you fire a few alphas, but you should be utilizing hit and run tactics anyway, so heat shouldn't be a major factor(if it is just chain fire). I dropped 3 jump jets because I find that 15 jump distance gives me the exact amount I need, if a little extra. It'll allow you to get around nearly all obstacles, perform evasive manuevers, and what ever else you need. Anymore feels a little overkill, at least in my opinion. Also dropped one MG to opt in for another half ton of armor, as I figured the 4 extra damage from the pulse lasers made up for it.

Just something new I've been trying, and I've found a good bit of success with. Feel free to drop any critiques, or add suggestions.

Edited by Capnflintlock, 13 May 2014 - 05:01 PM.

#2 Not Bob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 688 posts
  • LocationThat one place

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

I had fun with this build for a while: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a847e9b32727b19

Now, its not very good, just because the MPLs + Flamers run too hot, but when I used the flamers, it made it very hard for the opponent to see me to shoot me, meanwhile I was chipping away at him with MGs and the MPLs.

Now your build, its something new, and interesting, but the problem is when it'll come into contact with other lights, the heat will just kill it, literally. You won't be able to fire enough shots off to save yourself. Also, because the MGs are torso mounted means you have harder times against other lights.

Is it doable? Sure! Definitely in low tier pugs, but for organized play, or higher ELO drops, I don't think you'll have much as much success.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Not Bob, 13 May 2014 - 06:36 PM.

#3 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:31 AM

I got sick of the 4med laser + 4 mg.

So I run this now. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e0bf55ce5b65d96

It's 1 ER large and 3 med lasers. Seems to work just as well, if not better/easier.

#4 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:52 AM

i'll throw mine out here. slower than others but I used it tweaked. I am not a fan of the MG.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...98637ddf61f2a16

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users