Hbk-4G Vs 4H

15 replies to this topic

#1 Infavol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

what are the pros and cons of each? im planning on running an single gauss and a few small pulsers or medium. Taking that into consideration, the 4h should be better right? orrrr

#2 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

If you're planning on running a single, then yes. The 4H gives you an extra energy slot.

#3 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

The 4H is the better mech. It gives you two extra energy slots to play with. If you only want one ballistic weapon any way get that one.

#4 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

The triple ballistics on the 4G are pretty much a waste. The most creative build on the 4g I've seen was an UAC5, LB10X, 3 Mlas. While that practically breaks its own back trying to fit it, it doesn't really use the slots. Others use a primary AC (like a 20) and fill the rest with MGs. The problem is that there aren't any lightweight ballistics worth the slots. You're better off with more energy instead.

I'd recommend the H. The energy slots are great for customization, and if you like the original 4G setup you can do it just fine on the H.

#5 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

To me the H is better than the 4G in every aspect, unless you absolutely need to use dual ac5's or similar setups. It can run an AC20 as well.

4H allows much more flexibility thanks to a total of 5 energy hardpoints, the right torso box is smaller than the bulkier of the 4G. 4G (along with Catapult and jenner that i both don't use) is one of the main reasons that held me from buing a legendary founder.

#6 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

Dual 5s, or dual 2s can work on the G, but personally I find it to be too slow for my tastes at that point.
For hunchbacks with that big ol' hunch shouting "shoot me" speed is life.

Go for the H if you want a gauss.

Edited by One Medic Army, 14 November 2012 - 01:26 AM.

#7 Infavol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

alright so i went with the hunchy, and am running dual ML and a gauss, but im having trouble dealing enough damage as a brawler, anyone else got ideas?

#8 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostInfavol, on 14 November 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

alright so i went with the hunchy, and am running dual ML and a gauss, but im having trouble dealing enough damage as a brawler, anyone else got ideas?

Don't miss with the Gauss. It is the weapon your whole build is built around. You don't necessarily have to brawl with a Gauss fitted hunchie,

#9 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostInfavol, on 14 November 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

Could switch to 4 smalls, or find the tonnage for 3 mediums. The smalls cycle quickly and help brawling. Three mediums is a good way to stitch damage on someone while your gauss reloads.

#10 Maniakos

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

The 4H is a total beast. Get him the fancy stuff, endo and dhs, then a guass and 5 small las or an ac10 and 5 med las. It's like a can of whoopass on legs.

Edited by Maniakos, 15 November 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#11 pied

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I love my founder's hunchback 4G with a passion, since double heat sinks were released, but I just started playing around with a 4H and am finding it to be everything and more over the 4G. I keep the AC20 and run 5 medium lasers. I can play it exactly like my 4G, but with an additional 2 mediums for coring assaults, and getting extra damage in on circling lights.

And as an added bonus, the right shoulder is slightly smaller than the 4G's. At least visually.

I'll never stop playing AC20 Hunchy's as long as the heat isn't over the top like it was in closed beta. To me, this is the best mech around.

#12 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

4G is only good for double Ultra AC/5 or triple AC/2 which isn't all that big a deal since you'll end up slower than most other hunchbacks that go at 80+kph. Sad to say but 4G is pretty bad right now compared to your other options.

#13 cheddardust

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

I wish I would have read this thread before I bought my 4G (my first mech). I guess I will scrap it for part after I level up the basics.

#14 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

For single ballistics the 4H is universally better as you have more options for support weapons.

Infact may I suggest this build?

1 GAUSS 5 ML
Spoiler

#15 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

View Postcheddardust, on 17 December 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

I wish I would have read this thread before I bought my 4G (my first mech). I guess I will scrap it for part after I level up the basics.

I own a Founders HBK-4G and absolutely love it. 3 Mlas, AC/20 (3 ton), AMS (1 ton), ES, DHS, STD 225. It's a beast if you can get used to the extreme torso twist and landing ballistic shots on the move. ACs are still receiving buffs, and one day MGs might even be worth it.

It may not be optimal, but it's not ineffective. I'd recommend not selling off a mech until you reach masters level. You don't need to take it all the way for the extra module slot (I prefer to), but it'll save you from buying the chassis again because you're a completionist (or need it for Elite skilling).

#16 cheddardust

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostSelfish, on 17 December 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

I own a Founders HBK-4G and absolutely love it. 3 Mlas, AC/20 (3 ton), AMS (1 ton), ES, DHS, STD 225. It's a beast if you can get used to the extreme torso twist and landing ballistic shots on the move. ACs are still receiving buffs, and one day MGs might even be worth it.

It may not be optimal, but it's not ineffective. I'd recommend not selling off a mech until you reach masters level. You don't need to take it all the way for the extra module slot (I prefer to), but it'll save you from buying the chassis again because you're a completionist (or need it for Elite skilling).

Yea thanks for the advice. I am running something very similar to your build right now. Idk why, but for some reason I thought the Hardpoint systems was some type of Weapon Class/LvL restriction, not just number of weapons allowed.....The More You Know

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users