Cplt-A1 (Not Splatcat)

10 replies to this topic

#1 wonator

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:27 AM

I dont like how everyone plays this mech same so there is my loadout: CPLT-A1

Idea is pretty simple, you rain LRM, when someone gets too close you shot him with SSRM2.
Best range to keep is 180-270 when you can rain all your arsenal.
Only big weakness is ECM, be rly carefull.

Edited by wonator, 20 February 2013 - 03:28 AM.

#2 Wrenchfarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

Interesting! ECM lights are gonna eat you alive, but such is the life of a missile boat. Only suggestion I have is to move that SRM ammo pack out of the CT and into a leg, put an LRM in one of the arms. Ammo always comes out of the arms before the legs, and three volleys of your LRM20s will use up the pack, long before anyone is likely to start chewing that arm up and risk an ammo explosion. The SRMs though take longer to go through, and you don't want a powder keg sitting in your chest waiting to go off.

I got bored with Splatcatting it up to prove a point so I adjusted mine too.

I probably shouldn't share this build.

It gets killed by lights and anything that gets too close, but I've never seen a nastier LRM ****-storm. 30 LRMs a pop might not seem like much, but they fire every 3 seconds with fast-fire. You move fast, can jump to positions and just hammer on a poor target. Seriously, one of the most ****-bag builds I've ever seen.

Edited by Wrenchfarm, 20 February 2013 - 04:29 AM.

#3 wonator

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

Good idea with ammo, didnt know that arm ammo goes first.

#4 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Yup. Move SRM ammo - which should be SSRM ammo - to leg because as LRMboat your legs are less likely to be shot first unless you're haunted by a pack of Lights. Also I can safely tell you it wouldn't make that much of a difference if your decrease your leg armor to 41 each.

Also, recommend to downgrade LRM20 to 15. Your arms have only 15 salvo each, thus the salvo-stacking and longer cooldown are not worth it IMO. You can use the saved space to, I dunno, add a few JJ, AMS or even replace your SSRM2 with SRM4 - at least you won't be entirely overwhelmed by Lights.

#5 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

I did the LRM15 and SSRM2 boat before ECM. Then ecm hit, dropped some LRM ammo and changed the 4 SSRM2 to 4 SRM4's with plenty of ammo... now it's a splat cat, why? Because ECM is still a nuisance... not the DDC's but the Raven's. You can't relay on someone with a ppc to hit them so you take what won't shut you down.

In your original build, I would drop the 20's for 15's and more ammo overall (I ran 5-6ton LRM and 4 ton SSRM back in the day). Simply because I would sit back LRM at the 300-270 range or engage in SSRM warfare with those that close with me.

#6 Wrenchfarm

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

View PostHelmstif, on 20 February 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

Yup. Move SRM ammo - which should be SSRM ammo - to leg because as LRMboat your legs are less likely to be shot first unless you're haunted by a pack of Lights. Also I can safely tell you it wouldn't make that much of a difference if your decrease your leg armor to 41 each.

Also, recommend to downgrade LRM20 to 15. Your arms have only 15 salvo each, thus the salvo-stacking and longer cooldown are not worth it IMO. You can use the saved space to, I dunno, add a few JJ, AMS or even replace your SSRM2 with SRM4 - at least you won't be entirely overwhelmed by Lights.

That's a good point. I suppose if you really want to milk the most out of your LRM slots, the 20s make sense. But the staggered firing is a slight negative, those last shots will be disproportionately taken out by AMS and it will increase the recycle time a little bit. Maybe that is livable for you, maybe not.

Going down to LRM15s you can fit in Jets and Artemis and an extra heatsink just in case. I lowered the leg armour a little. If you don't like jets you could always trade them for BAP and restore most of the leg armour, or AMS.

#7 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

My A1 build is a lot like that as well. LRM15s+SSRM2s. No jets, but the biggest engine that can fit, and enough ammo to last nearly every match.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3ed3da3a685ce8d

#8 Ragor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

View Postwonator, on 20 February 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

OP

Except the small detail of SRM loaded instead of SSRM (doens't matter for planning since it weighs the same) it is a nice build.

I just would sacrifice the 300XL for a 285XL and carry more LRM ammo or put Artemis on the LRM20.
But that is just me.

Edit:
>>> my version #1 <<< (couldn' t resist - swapped armor, 3t LRM ammo extra, swapped spare ammo)
>>> my version #2

Edited by Ragor, 20 February 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#9 Pan Damonium

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Locationdrifting out of fuel in the vacuum while enjoying a nap

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

I noticed you have regular SRM ammo loaded up for your streaks. I realize its just a trivial detail in the mechlab, but you don't wanna do that in the actual game. Streaks have streak specific ammo.

edit: I should have read closer, someone else pointed it out already...

Edited by Pan Damonium, 20 February 2013 - 09:40 AM.

#10 wonator

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Yeah, my bad, sorry ;)

#11 Ryft

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Unless you are stuck with playing the A1 (as I currently am) I would otherwise recommend maybe trying a C1 or C4 variant instead. I think they actually make better missile boats because of TAG potential if for no other reason (well, tube count on the C4 is better, too).

I'm currently running my A1 with 2 LRM15, 4 SRM4, and jump jets with a stock 200 engine. Not the fastest thing in the world but it will surprise you at times. I've dealt with slower Atlas, Stalker, and Cataphract pilots at times by clearing their heads with a 180--degree jumping turn that keeps my SRMs on target while evading their shots, and the jump jets have also let me sometimes escape faster mechs. The key is not to engage too freely with the SRMs, because they are a short range backup weapon and not much else, with only 2 tons of ammo.

Best moment in the A1: I was ignoring a Spider that was roasting my rear with a flamer because I was firing to good effect on a larger mech with the LRMs. After about 45 seconds I finally torso turned to address him, and I imagined a stunned expression on his face as he took the full SRM blast. And somehow he continued to stand there as the launchers reloaded, and I finished him off with a second 16 missile SRM volley.

Even so, the A1 isn't really to my tastes, and I'll be quite glad to be rid of it as soon as I finish the elite skills on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users