#41 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,754 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostStingz, on 18 November 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

Player experience, and surgical accuracy potential of lasers make it very hard to survive in the slow, oven-hot trial mechs. PGI needs to modify the trial mechs at least somewhat from stock to fit MWOs heat scale. Especially since all F2P players need to use them for quite a while. Even longer if you don't have much time to play.

Customization should not have been introduced to start with, at least not at the beginning.

Or at least had more than 4, either 8 or 12 but 8 would be ok then the currently rarely rotated out mechs, with 4 being what the founders have. 4 of the founders (there is a reason they picked THOSE four, to make it worthwhile), then rotate mechs, including any newly added mechs.

I have not seen it mentioned but did PGI start off with only the standard configuration mechs or did they jump immediately to customization? That is in the past and what might have been but it does go to show how perceptions and focuses could have been changed if we had kept to stock mechs for awhile.

#42 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

From one of the guys who's been trolling the forums waiting for PGI to get match making at least halfway right, for those of you who have been supportive to the OP ... thanks ... you make me want to jump in the fray on my next day off (or at least when they fix MM). The advice here for "casual gamers" is generally solid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users