3Rd Person :: Its Coming

official feedback

3697 replies to this topic

#41 Ragor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

This is the very first time I really disagree with PGI doing changes in design.

Simply not happy anymore.

'But then simply play on the 1st person severs and leave the 3rd person servers alone!'

Why not allow 3rd person in trial vs trial mechs only? Some kind of driving school.

Anyway... can't change this anyway.

Getting more and more unhappy as more I think about it. :)

#42 Zeh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:06 AM

Preposterous! Don't do this PGI. This will only be bad. Spectator mode only. This is ridiculous.

#43 FLes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 100 posts
  • LocationZagreb, Croatia

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

View Postarkani, on 14 November 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

3rd Person view is coming.

If this is true, then PGI went full re*ard. And everybody knows you never go full re*ard.

Edited by FLes, 14 November 2012 - 05:09 AM.

#44 NovaFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

Absolutely not. Optional third person cameras, even without firing reticules, are the cancer killing tactical strategy games. While it was a first person shooter, I can't tell you how long I've spent in Planetside hugging a wall next to a doorway completely, 100% concealed with my automatic shotgun waiting for some enemy to stumble through the doorway and be instantly killed.

The last thing I need is to be wallhumping in giant robots waiting to ambush someone with my swayback's alpha strike.

#45 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

View PostNovaFury, on 14 November 2012 - 05:08 AM, said:

Absolutely not. Optional third person cameras, even without firing reticules, are the cancer killing tactical strategy games. While it was a first person shooter, I can't tell you how long I've spent in Planetside hugging a wall next to a doorway completely, 100% concealed with my automatic shotgun waiting for some enemy to stumble through the doorway and be instantly killed.

The last thing I need is to be wallhumping in giant robots waiting to ambush someone with my swayback's alpha strike.

But think of how retro it will be to copy MW3, and porting it over to a not yet implemented world of tanks community model.

#46 Blaank

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

>So you will be able to choose only to play against other 1st person players, or 3rd, or allow any of the two.
if, and only if, I can choose not to play against anyone using 3rd person will I ever allow this to happen.

1st person = FPS
3rd person = camping snipe fest.

It's what ruined MW4 and Chromehounds. 3rd person will destroy any game and turn it into hillhumping poptarts. MWO is so much better than MW4 because of first person only. This is the primary reason MWO is better than MW4 multiplayer.

#47 cmopatrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Locationa 45 tonner on patrol...

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:15 AM

strong and vehement "NO!"

that said, if they are going to make an arcade mode, like the NH/UA/3p/No Repair stuff in MW4 to bring in that part of the audience to help support the game (developers are real people and need a paycheck, too), i am afraid it will be inevitable anyway.

at the very least, NEVER EVER EVER in any of the meta game (if that ever drops). arcaders should be limited, having them in planetary actions would pretty much suit the definition of "oxymoron"...

View PostVassago Rain, on 14 November 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

But it's important we appeal to the Skyrim audience.

um, i play(ed) Skyrim (it is one of the reasons i have good video card)... fp ALWAYS... not even sure why anyone would use anything else...

Edited by cmopatrick, 14 November 2012 - 05:29 AM.

#48 AC Rimak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 241 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

View Postw0rm, on 14 November 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

Also I'd like to have aimassist, no repair costs and a Hello Kitty paint job.

Dued I would love Hello Kitty also and a big sign "Free Hugs" on my 4SP ! =)

#49 Card

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLenoir, NC

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

This demonstrates 2 things:

1. The userbase isn't large enough, and isn't growing fast enough to sustain this as an F2P title.
2. PGI thinks that's because 'Mechs are too hard to drive.

Yeah, that must be it. It's not the flaming disaster of a matchmaker. It's not the bugs. It's not the lack of content. It's not the grind. It's not the Trial 'Mechs. It's because it's too hard.

*spit*

#50 Coastal0

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

No; and learn some grammar?

#51 Zeh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Core Fanbase: "We don't EVER want to play with 3rd person camera". "We don't EVER want to play against people with third person camera"

Limit the 3rd person camera view to be worse than first person, and this MIGHT be acceptable. It should be WORSE. Maybe it helps you see what your mech is doing, but it should be harder to aim, etc. Mechs out of your LOS should not be rendered.

#52 Tragaperras

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 146 posts
  • LocationSpain

Let's add respawns too! And 200 m2 maps with no terrain or cover!
That way the blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patients(average COD players) could enjoy MWO without having problems with mech piloting(and spend money on it) too!

Edited by Tragaperras, 14 November 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#53 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

View Postw0rm, on 14 November 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

Also I'd like to have aimassist, no repair costs and a Hello Kitty paint job.

Hey, I'd take a Hello Kitty paintjob :)

No aim-assist or lack of repair costs wanted, though. :)

#54 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

So how will this work when Community Warfare rolls out? What if team A fighting for planet X wants 3rd person and team B wants 1st person?

#55 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

The more I think about it, the more certain I am that if 3rd person in, then I'm probably out.

Also it was the possibility of decisions of this calibre that prevented me from getting even a 3 monthly premium let alone 6 months or yearly premium with my MC. Now I feel a little vindicated.

I'll not be buying more premium once my time runs out just to see which direction this game is heading.

#56 Thirdrail

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • Private
  • 169 posts
  • LocationI'm just wandering around.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

New people don't need 3rd person. They need a good tutorial. Every game made in the last decade holds your hand and teaches you to crouch and jump for the millionth time, and the one game that actually needs that kind of hand holding explanation of what's going on just throws everyone into the mechlab and says, "Good luck!"

That said, I want third person. Badly. Or a way to make the cockpit and HUD invisible. It drives me crazy that the devs can take nice screenshots and I can't. You can turn off my lock and weapons controls while I'm in 3rd person, I don't care, I just want to be able to take decent pictures.

And back off Hello Kitty, man! She has friends here. ><

Edited by Thirdrail, 14 November 2012 - 05:24 AM.

#57 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

View PostThirdrail, on 14 November 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

New people don't need 3rd person. They need a good tutorial. Every game made in the last decade holds your hand and teaches you to crouch and jump for the millionth time, and the one game that actually needs that kind of hand holding explanation of what's going on just throws everyone into the mechlab and says, "Good luck!"

That said, I want third person. Badly. Or a way to make the cockpit and HUD invisible. It drives me crazy that the devs can take nice screenshots and I can't. You can turn off my lock and weapons controls while I'm in 3rd person, I don't care, I just want to be able to take decent pictures.

Ya know, I'm a solutions kind of person, so here is a solution... PGI should contact MS and Smith & Tinker about using MW4 as a tutorial game for this game since the controls are nearly identical for keyboard+mouse.

#58 Stymir

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

if they want to implement a third person view to help new players get orientated then they should also create a training area where they can get the basics. when it comes to actual play third person should not be an option.

#59 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 14 November 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

Ya know, I'm a solutions kind of person, so here is a solution... PGI should contact MS and Smith & Tinker about using MW4 as a tutorial game for this game since the controls are nearly identical for keyboard+mouse.

There's not nearly enough jumpsniping gauss rifles and boated large lasers yet.

#60 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

If 3rd person view will come, i have to ask what are lightmechs for then.
At the moment its not easy to handle a good lightmech pilot, because you cant see them the whole time, but if 3rd person view is coming, i think light mechs will be executed by heavy and assault mechs ... also the point to look around courners and over hills is not what i want to have in this game ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users