How will they fill in all the down time?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Fiveiron

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNor Cal

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:20 AM

I'm sure we've all experienced the joy of waiting on a guild mate (Merc Company Associate?) to log in so you can get started, or spent waiting in que for a battle to start.

My question is what content will there be to fill in all the down time. I'm assuming there will be a market or auction system, and a Mech Lab for sure, but should they also include things like professions or crafting?

A single player Challenge mode would be a real easy way to kill time too.

Any other ideas?

#2 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

Instant action, and then like other MMO style games get a notice pop up when you are able to get in the organized match?

I hope that the pilot can walk around a base or something and they have a RP area to go and chill at.

#3 gilliam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

I'll spend all my spare time in the mech lab theorycrafting.
If we don't have a mech lab, I'll spend that time being very very angry.

#4 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:57 AM

:) I'm under the impression this will be a bare bones endeavor. Basically, a match making system, and a couple of screens to do some mech/pilot customization, online store, and maybe territory map. Not a fully functional MMO with grindy time wasters.

#5 Hellgardia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLoures, Lisboa, Portugal

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

View Postgilliam, on 03 November 2011 - 10:53 AM, said:

I'll spend all my spare time in the mech lab theorycrafting.
If we don't have a mech lab, I'll spend that time being very very angry.

This.

The amount of hours i wasted on MW3 and MW4's mechlab are more than i am proud of...

#6 mbt201188

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationPickens, SC

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

Mechlab needs to be there certainly. I would like to walk my mech around the base and maybe take it to the testing grouds for testing to see if my mech is working the way i want it to

#7 Fiveiron

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNor Cal

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

View PostSquareSphere, on 03 November 2011 - 10:57 AM, said:

:) I'm under the impression this will be a bare bones endeavor. Basically, a match making system, and a couple of screens to do some mech/pilot customization, online store, and maybe territory map. Not a fully functional MMO with grindy time wasters.

Ya, but in my opinion if that's all their going to offer then it should be set up like other Mechwarrior games, with a solo campaign, then multi-player matches matches on the side.

#8 PK Violence

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX USA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

Mech lab is a must but a testing ground would be a nice place to hang out with your lance. Good idea for setting up stradigy and testing.

Edited by =PK= Violence, 03 November 2011 - 01:03 PM.

#9 Kai Valo

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:55 PM

I think some sort of customisable pilot, even if only the uniform, and possible walk arounds would be much appreciated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users