#21 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostSealawyer, on 01 December 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

Once again so says a Davion trolling the HK forums.

"Everyone else sucks!" - Kurita

"That's rude." - Someone else

"TROLL!" - Kurita

#22 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

And for a third time says the Davie troll.

#23 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostSealawyer, on 01 December 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

And for a third time says the Davie troll.

I really don't mind. You keep proving my point. What makes me "insane" and a "troll"? Having a different icon under my name? Are you really so shallow and rude to other members of this community? Is this the sort of behavior you want to reflect on your faction? Is this how you want to be known to the rest of the MWO community?

#24 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

You are the only person who is in this thread from a other faction that called it rude. You have done nothing but deride this faction since you have been here. I assumed you were talking about me, but your words sounds as if you are talking to a mirror.

#25 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostSealawyer, on 01 December 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

You are the only person who is in this thread from a other faction that called it rude. You have done nothing but deride this faction since you have been here. I assumed you were talking about me, but your words sounds as if you are talking to a mirror.

So, you're defending your right to insult others and if someone objects that makes them a troll? I'm "deriding you" because I object to all other players being called "insane"?

I'm really not even sure how you're rationalizing me as a troll in your mind. Would you care to explain? Perhaps you'd like to specify how I'm doing the things you claim in regards to the OP?

I'm extremely disappointed to see this sort of behavior in the community. It's one thing to have playful rivalry, but insulting all other members of the forums is absolutely uncalled for.

#26 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostDemona, on 01 December 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

So, you're defending your right to insult others and if someone objects that makes them a troll? I'm "deriding you" because I object to all other players being called "insane"?

I'm really not even sure how you're rationalizing me as a troll in your mind. Would you care to explain? Perhaps you'd like to specify how I'm doing the things you claim in regards to the OP?

I'm extremely disappointed to see this sort of behavior in the community. It's one thing to have playful rivalry, but insulting all other members of the forums is absolutely uncalled for.

meh it happens, I got reported to a mod for trolling once for defending myself on a thread. apparently constructively criticizing a poster while also complimenting it counts as a trollish post, followed by defending myself when everyone went after me, also trolling. So I just adopt a simple posture, don't take anything seriously on the internet, and watch your troubles fade away.

#27 Joanna Conners

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

View Postdal10, on 01 December 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

meh it happens, I got reported to a mod for trolling once for defending myself on a thread. apparently constructively criticizing a poster while also complimenting it counts as a trollish post, followed by defending myself when everyone went after me, also trolling. So I just adopt a simple posture, don't take anything seriously on the internet, and watch your troubles fade away.

It's sad that's all. We're all part of the same community and fans of the same game. A friendly rivalry and playful banter should be expected and encouraged, but outright insults will give the entire community a bad name and reflect poorly to prospective players.

#28 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostDemona, on 01 December 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

It's sad that's all. We're all part of the same community and fans of the same game. A friendly rivalry and playful banter should be expected and encouraged, but outright insults will give the entire community a bad name and reflect poorly to prospective players.

It was my old unit that did it, we still have bad blood between us. but if I so much as mention the name I get in trouble so I will leave it at that.

#29 Melthir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

View Postdal10, on 16 November 2012 - 08:48 AM, said:

goons /= house liao, yes they are allied with us, but they are not us.

seriously why would you even post that and then claim latter that your not a troll. Goons are house liao, we are also goons. It is a game your not in charge of who gets to be what. Get over it. All in all house liao has the most laid back people in my opinion Our mouth foaming neck-beards are even reasonable once you understand where they are coming from.

#30 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

There was really nothing insulting in the original post. If anything it was playful banter that did not have any direct insults pointed at any individual house or person. You yourself said in a post that "A friendly rivalry and playful banter should be expected and encouraged, but outright insults..." and that is clearly all this was, playful banter. However I'd like to point out a few other of your posts:

Having a different icon under my name? Are you really so shallow and rude to other members of this community? Is this the sort of behavior you want to reflect on your faction? Is this how you want to be known to the rest of the MWO community?

And you wonder why Kurita gets a reputation for being elitist and arrogant?

The only one showing poor behavior here is you. You came to the Kuritan forums, found a Kuritan post with some very light, playful banter and threw a fit. In what you saw as necessary retaliation, it was you that pointed the finger at an individual house, on their forums, and posted an insult. Playful banter should be the only thing to use against others' playful banter. Take a step back, and follow your own advice. If you are unable to do so, I wholeheartedly suggest you return to your own house forum if our posts break your heart so.

With that said, I expect this to be the final post from any 9th Sword of the Dragon member in direct response to Demona, we will not divulge in this silliness. Wakarimasu ka?

<bows>

Edited by Paladin Brewer, 01 December 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#31 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostMelthir, on 01 December 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

seriously why would you even post that and then claim latter that your not a troll. Goons are house liao, we are also goons. It is a game your not in charge of who gets to be what. Get over it. All in all house liao has the most laid back people in my opinion Our mouth foaming neck-beards are even reasonable once you understand where they are coming from.

I was just saying that people think you are the ENTIRETY of house liao, yes you are a part of it. but house liao is not solely goons.

it was a poor choice of words, I apologize.

Edited by dal10, 01 December 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#32 Baddicus Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostMelthir, on 01 December 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

There is a difference in the statements "Goons are House Liao" and "Goons are in House Liao".

Oh, and Paladin, aren't you supposed to be out drinking??? Your sig needs to be fixed here as well.

#33 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

I am supposed to be out drinking, but Atenshu didnt contact me or Jwalk, I think he chickened out :)

#34 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

SoOoooOOooo... My original post stands yes? m_(_)_m

もう一度「仕方がない!」

ハハハ

But it was just an observation with playing with all the Kurita groups no one seems to have any bad blood between them and work together just fine. As for the other houses my friends in those always come to me telling me of all the things that go on. I was just saying the I'm grateful that House Kurita is for the most part full of wonderful people that i hope to become good friends with in the future.

#35 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

I would say all are wonderful, we do have Paladin running around with whips and chains ;D But for the most part we've been keeping the drama down to a minimal level.

#36 Fireborn

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColorado, and right behind you!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

#37 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

They were the first to get a Daishi of their own. If I was anything else it would be ...merc maybe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users