One Thing I Would Love to See in Game..

8 replies to this topic

#1 Vallend

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

I know if I was designing this game one thing I would add is a very rare event where a Star League Cache would appear on a planet. I just picture in my mind players rushing to invade that planet to control the cache.

As a designer I would have the Cache event run for a while and then have the team that won the most fights in that amount of time receive their reward. That would be one or two of the old Star League design Battlemechs for the players on those teams with the most kill points and maybe a few Star League level weapons for the rest of the winning team.

To me it would be a thrilling change of pace event that players would love but by having that event only take place maybe once every two or three weeks would still keep Star League battlemechs rare.

#2 Starne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

First, this should probably be in the suggestion forum.

I like the general Idea, but there is a major issue.
Preventing a snowballing effect. That is, after winning enough of these caches, a team would have a much easier time winning further caches. Eventually, this would lead to unstoppable super teams that noone else has the hardware to stand up to. Basically, how could you prevent a "The best get better until they become unstoppable mech-gods" scenario.

Edited by Starne, 03 November 2011 - 11:46 AM.

#3 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

I would make it a two step operation.

Step 1:
Secure the cache from a enemy team. This will net you any operational battlemechs in the cache (maybe one or two).

Step 2:
Move the aquired mechs and equipment to your dropship, you would have to defend your transport vehicles. Each vehicle carries equipment, so losing them will decrease your spoils.

This way you can have SL era mechs and equipment to repair them. Losing the transports will decrease your chances of keeping your SL era mechs full strength (giving the other players a fair shot at fighting you).

#4 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:45 AM

View Poststormwolf, on 03 November 2011 - 11:43 AM, said:

I would make it a two step operation.

Step 1:
Secure the cache from a enemy team. This will net you any operational battlemechs in the cache (maybe one or two).

Step 2:
Move the aquired mechs and equipment to your dropship, you would have to defend your transport vehicles. Each vehicle carries equipment, so losing them will decrease your spoils.

This way you can have SL era mechs and equipment to repair them. Losing the transports will decrease your chances of keeping your SL era mechs full strength (giving the other players a fair shot at fighting you).

Thats something like the VIP mode in CounterStrike... just a little bit more spiced up. And I like it... as on the long run they need more than two modes (conquest/deathmatch) anyway. This one here could work. Me gusta.

#5 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:53 AM

I think it's a great idea, actually. The irony of if a group called Gray Death Legion got it first would be astounding.

#6 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

View PostSkoll-, on 03 November 2011 - 11:53 AM, said:

I think it's a great idea, actually. The irony of if a group called Gray Death Legion got it first would be astounding.

The Gray Death Legion was my original inspiration :)

#7 gilliam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

*** Null sig for my Raven :)

Sounds pretty cool to me. I just hope it's HARD, and the stuff stays rare. It shouldn't be so powerful that it makes wins guaranteed, though.

#8 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

Maybe add to the difficulty by having some AI-controlled 'mechs guarding the cache - call it a Comstar unit or something. I guarantee that Comstar would find out about a cache just as quick as, if not quicker than, us. And they'd want it - at the time of the game, they pretty much feel they should have a monopoly on anything more advanced than what the Houses already have.

#9 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

Hey i like where this thread is going. VIP on original couter strike was awesome! That map always gave you a break of the usual game mod.

Love to see what stormwolf suggested. Be a nice game mode that really jumps from the usual defend a base.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users