Um... Thanks for all this, but you sure you don't need anything?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Heatsink Junkie

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

Now I love free stuff as much as the next guy, and the entire reason I'm here is that I could find nothing like the experience I had with MW 4, and cant wait to get it again, but as much as a hope to love this game, something odd struck me about the faq, well three things, Ok, well I guess they weren't odd individual, but the sum of them raises questions, first the initial cost of the game, free, then the subscription fee, none, but then the weirdest thing, in response to the question of DLC, they said they would continue to pump out content to the game... all for free. not to sound unappreciative or any thing, I like free stuff as much as the next guy, but right now it sounds like the game it self is free, service is free, and no microtransactions. that rules every gaming bussiness model I can think of. As much as I love getting a game I'm going to love for free, I also like that game not dying, even if this is a fanboy project within the company, and thus avoids the whole thing that companies like the one that make this game exist to make money, it takes money to keep servers up and connect in the pipeline! unless there something I missed, this game has no method for taking my money, and as much as keeping my money is appealing, If I get in to this game as much as I hope to, it would need to stay afloat! so um... did I miss something or does this game not make money?

also, I don't get why they plan to make "fps like game play" and option, this might just be my but the biggest thing I loved about MW 4, the thing it did great and was in my mind unique, was how well the sim aspect worked and really felt, with the weight all my mechs movements had, and the shake in the cockpit view, it really felt like I was poiliting a large bipedal tank, all whale avoiding the biggest problem with other sims, the pandoras gravity well of a learning curve, the controls where despite all this, arranges in a easy to pick up way the felt like this is how It would control in the cockpit. the entire reason I'm back for this game as that not only did I love this experience, but it was something I failed to find another dose of anywhere else. now I'm not complaining, this is an avalible option and that's enough for me to give this game money, but I really fail to see what benefit there as to allowing fps style gameplay, I mentioned that part of why I here at that I couldent ge the mech sim experience like that anywhere else, the fps experience is something I can get form a lot of places, and places with an advantage that only time and being a great game would allow this on any game to catch up to, a large and decent installed player base. in short, this may just be my opinion, but I wanted to play an fps, I'd play an fps. but I'm free not playing a game, but looking forward to one because I want something only this game will provide, and I'm not saying its all thats good about the game (if everything else was **** it would not have been a game it remember this fondly) but its the best thing about this game, and mechwarroir's selling point, anything else but putting it as the foucse of the game is just selling this game short, after all, if not for that, I'd be playing something else. and if this game dosent show people why its worth their moeny and time over other options, I have a bad feeling it wont make money, and as a reult will die, wait, this game makes money right? I've its what I came for, it deserves to.

#2 pursang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

You should have read the stickied thread with all of the developer interviews. This game will be funded by micro-transactions a la League of Legends and other F2P games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users