Turn Radius Shoudl Be Based On Chassis And Top Speed, Not Just On Engine Power Ratios.

4 replies to this topic

#1 FrupertApricot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Title says it all. Want a discussion on turn radii and how they make lightfights look silly

#2 xXDivoXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 228 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

No it is not ....... Because you dont have Nano-mechanic parts inside your torso and leg joints is all Myomeric Muscle .charged by the Reactor you dont have a servo motor at each joint of the mech Better Reactor better the Work of them .... In Thruth there a thing Called MASC. That even boost the speed of muscles in 50% but rips them if use long

But i understand the Furstration turning speed of the mech should not be baised upon reactor if you want more If you lose arm or Tons of ammo Your mech speed should rize !)

#3 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

Why wouldn't it be built upon the power to weight ratio is the question you should be asking. A better ratio gives you more power to load into your hydraulics to combat inertia.

#4 xXDivoXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 228 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Yes But this is what We Have now...... i do Agree with you...but that has a down side Like turning speed of the mech will not rize with higher engine** and i dont want that to happen i dont want that torso twist will become a Constant Number like in World of Tanks ...

i want to see that your speed gets bonus when you lose mechparts or ammo

#5 Fooooo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

They haven't really adjusted any of the values for that stuff yet.

The yen-lo-wang was the first mech to get different torso twist rates and angles than its variant cousins. (the other cents )

Other mechs will be getting this treatment, all of them eventually, and its possible that they will also change the actual turning rates, accel / decel rates of all the mechs also.

So eventually we may find one of the jenner variants can almost turn on a dime, whilst the others can't hope to do that, however the ones that can't can pack more powerful weapons etc......

Whatever they think is good for balance and a little bit of variance basically.

As for gaining speed when you lose an arm or something, while that would maybe be nice I don't think it would be something that adds enough to warrant it being put in anytime soon.

Edited by Fooooo, 18 November 2012 - 11:38 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users